Aug 18, 2014
Timmins Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
Good day all . Been a while since I posted on here , heres my problem . My car now has the grand total of only 19,000 km's on it . Yesterday while searching for a mysterious vibrating noise coming from the front of the car , we ended up having to jack the car up and take off the front skid plates .
When the car was jacked up , I just about crapped my pants !!!
Driver side front tire was down to the cords on the inside . Upon checking passenger side , that's almost ready to go as well . I really don't drive the car that hard so 19,000 km s is kind of shocking to me .

Problem , I live in Timmins , tires like this are extremely difficult to find up here . Does anyone know of a store that has these tires and can ship ? I really need them within 5 days if possible .
Oh , the noise from the front of the car is a broken fan !!! Sounds like a Helicopter under there . A piece of the outer fan circle is missing so I guess the speed of the fan flexes the blades , without a complete circle there to stiffen it , its likely going out of shape and striking the shroud when its running on high speed . What a day ehh lol :)

Try 1010 or Quatro tires online. I purchase all my tires thru them and shipping is very reasonable. Much cheaper than our tire stores. I have a high end local tire shop mount and balance them.

If you have not already found them give Rocky Island Tire in Bracebridge, Ontario a try. Ask for John, he may be able to help you.

Interesting about the fan and its housing. Weird stuff and I am glad you found it.

The factory alignment specs will wear out the insides of the front tires. You'll have to get your shop to give a more positive camber. Not sure why they want it this way, may be a handling thing but I didn't notice a difference when I had it aligned for even tire wear on my 14 C7.

The factory alignment specs will wear out the insides of the front tires. You'll have to get your shop to give a more positive camber. Not sure why they want it this way, may be a handling thing but I didn't notice a difference when I had it aligned for even tire wear on my 14 C7.
Does the street alignment wear out the insides of the tires?

I plan on dropping my GS and will need an alignment.

Does the street alignment wear out the insides of the tires?

I plan on dropping my GS and will need an alignment.
Yes on my Z51 my alignment was factory spec still at 40k according to my shops machine. My tires were shot on the inside treads. I had them move it to eliminate the wear. This also stopped the 'hopping' of the front end when backing up with the wheels turned in either direction.

Different shipping options available from a couple days to a week.
Well , got new front tires . Non run flats as they seem to be impossible to get when I need them . This time around I m trying Pilot Super Sports in Non run flats , slightly wider at 295/30/19 also , had front end re aligned due to aggressive factory setting for handling . Car seems to drive way easier now , doesn't get pulled in to the tram lines on the road . Toe in from the factory was also set pretty aggressive . Look at he front drivers side tire , 19,000 kms

Attachments

• Tires.jpg
    Tires.jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Alinegment.jpg
    Alinegment.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 30
My only change was to zero camber on the front wheels. Steers fine and the tires seem to be wearing evenly across. Unless you are involved in high speed race situations, there is no need for the factory camber. I have no notion of replacing worn out tires every 12-15K miles when there is no need for it.

Reactions: Kazman1960
My only change was to zero camber on the front wheels. Steers fine and the tires seem to be wearing evenly across. Unless you are involved in high speed race situations, there is no need for the factory camber. I have no notion of replacing worn out tires every 12-15K miles when there is no need for it.
I wish I knew this about the factory settings . I sure as hell would have had it adjusted when I bought the car . Live and learn I guess

Good day all . Been a while since I posted on here , heres my problem . My car now has the grand total of only 19,000 km's on it . Yesterday while searching for a mysterious vibrating noise coming from the front of the car , we ended up having to jack the car up and take off the front skid plates .
When the car was jacked up , I just about crapped my pants !!!
Driver side front tire was down to the cords on the inside . Upon checking passenger side , that's almost ready to go as well . I really don't drive the car that hard so 19,000 km s is kind of shocking to me .

Problem , I live in Timmins , tires like this are extremely difficult to find up here . Does anyone know of a store that has these tires and can ship ? I really need them within 5 days if possible .
Oh , the noise from the front of the car is a broken fan !!! Sounds like a Helicopter under there . A piece of the outer fan circle is missing so I guess the speed of the fan flexes the blades , without a complete circle there to stiffen it , its likely going out of shape and striking the shroud when its running on high speed . What a day ehh lol :)
Try Buy discount tires and low price wheels online - PMCtire Canada

Since the timing was right and I need tires for my diesel ford, I went to this site. I run Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 10E rating tires and to my surprise they had them. Free shipping to AB as well. Worked out to $1145 delivered for 4 tires. I also have a written quote from the Goodyear shop here in town for $1207... but the $1207 in town is an installed, balanced, TCM reset, and tire disposal charge included ($162.00) price.. So for me, PCM tire is definitely not a discount in this instance. Now maybe for other brands they might save you money but I would caution that much like Costco...just because someone advertises as a discount store, it still pays to check around... :Biggrin:

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.