ya a big hole in that engine comp, from the bottom if you can see the hood mural, well. Ic your Tunnel Plate, shielding and taping is way more organized than mine, looks great. Both do the same mind you. Looking forward to more manny

Thanks guys, its a different feeling forsure working on your own vette and seeing it come together . Hope to get in some more parts this week . The clutch and other parts got hung up at customs when they couldn't find the paper work . They should arrive this week , and then I can install the new Tick clutch master :D.
Engine should be done by the end of the week .

Thx
Manny

are you going to get it on the dyno this year also or are you going to "park" it after? lovin the updates!!!

The plan is to get it to the dyno for some tuning . Now if the weather holds out it will be a drive , if not then it will go in the enclosed trailer :D

Either way some number will be available to post up here :canada:

Thx
[email protected]

Update

Time for the NASTY report :

Good progress this week .
I was able to get the badges I had made up installed as well as the bezels for the display and some carbon fiber side sails . All had been waiting to get install for about 6 months .

The trans / diff and torque tube are almost done, just need one more bushing and it can be assembled . DTE brace and PFADT rear diff support are also installed .

Yes I know pictures ..........here ya go guys :

Fender badge
Nasty98383build022.jpg

Nose emblem
Nasty98383build015.jpg

Rear deck emblem
Nasty98383build014.jpg

Real carbon fiber sails
Nasty98383build019.jpg

Gauge bezels
Nasty98383build017.jpg

Ok enough of the bling , here is the go fast stuff ;

Trans with the torque tube removed
Nasty98383build016.jpg

Drive shaft from inside torque tube
Nasty98383build024.jpg

Notice all the cracks on the rear rubber bushing
Nasty98383build028.jpg

Usually we only replace the rear one , but on high HP cars (600RWHP +) we do both , but since I need both as they are both cracked I will be going to solid couplers front and rear .

Here is the rear one installed , my buddy Rich is machining up the other one tomorrow .
Nasty98383build026.jpg

Trans & Rear diff painted in a nice blk engine enamel and DTE brace with PFADT rear diff support installed .

Nasty98383build032.jpg

Nasty98383build031.jpg

The RPS clutch and Tick master are going to be here Tuesday morning .

Still waiting on the engine as my custom Wesco pistons were not ready last week . Piston are to be here Thursday. Going to the chrome shop in the morning to pick up some engine parts I had chromed .
So its coming together slowly but moving in the right direction
Hopefully next week we will be a little closer to dropping the engine back in .

Thx
[email protected]

Last edited:
That is quite the brace! Do you notice more noise with the solid couplers? I imagine the response would be a little sharper with them? Can't Wait!!!!!

Riley the brace helps to keep the rear drive train from torque loading and should help to stiffen things up a bit . The couplings are a better to go than rubbber thats for sure . There should be no extra noise from either of these parts . Of the ones I have installed , we have had very positive feed back.

Thx
[email protected]

Very cool! I was just trying to figure out the purpose of GM using the rubber couplers over solid ones? Reduced shock loading between the engine and transmission? Maybe they were just cheaper. I like the idea of the solid couplers.

Very cool! I was just trying to figure out the purpose of GM using the rubber couplers over solid ones? Reduced shock loading between the engine and transmission? Maybe they were just cheaper. I like the idea of the solid couplers.

BMW's use the exact same part , as a matter of fact they are made by the same manufacture . Some guys have gone with the M3 ones , but it makes no difference and they are the same as the ones used by GM .

Thx
Manny

Ok the clutch finally showed up and its a bute .

Trans and torque tube is all back together now with the new solid couplings.

Nasty98383build031.jpg

C6Z06 shift box with soild mounts installed + Anti-Venom mod done

Nasty98383build033.jpg

Ram clutch slave and Tick remote bleeder installed

Nasty98383build034.jpg

Ah the new RPS Carbon twin light and Tick adjustable clutch master

Nasty98383build035.jpg

I will install the Tick clutch master this week and maybe have an engine soon, to put back in :mad:

Some bling back from the chromer ( alt bracket and bolts)

Nasty98383build036.jpg

Thx for looking
[email protected]

Last edited:
Looking good so far Manny. Hey quick question Manny, I was thinking of putting LG headers in for a winter project in the garage. Is it a pain in the rear to do??...Or maybe I will come and see you in the spring for the install...Alot easier using a car lift :).lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread