Regular
Apr 3, 2022
Ottawa area
VetteCoins
Car
1987 Corvette conver
Province
QC
I have decided to start a thread about my car.

Here is my story about it

It will be my 6th vette. I had two C3, two C4 including one that I still own but is for sale and one 2007 C6 convertible.
The first time I saw the new C8 at the dealership I fell in love with the car. I told myself I will have one someday. At that time I had my 2007 convertible which I liked. Short after I sold it to a friend.
Not long after that I asked a friend who sell at the GM dealer what would happen if I ordered one and didn't buy it and his answer was "we will just sell it to someone else"
That stayed in my mind but I wanted a Lamborghini. So I started to look for a Lambo but at the same time told my friend I'd order a vette too. And told him when time comes if I want it I'll decide what to do. So finally in 2023 I placed my order with him on his WAITING LIST. My order was for a Silver Flare metalic which I was totally in love.
After some time I finally bought my Gallardo, a 2007. I was so excited ! But not for long. Only after less than 1000 kilometers I knew this car was NOT for me.
I've owned 3 older Ferraris in the past and knew for sure I love those so I traded the Lambo for a nice 87 328GTS in blue on tan. A beauty. I drove it for a while and really liked it but I felt I was in need of something newer.
Still wasn't sure what it would be. Ferrari California ? The new Lotus Emira ? A McLaren MP12-4C ? A Ferrari 430 ?
Many choices.
One of the fact that made me not so comfortable with the Lambo was that I was tied to the Lambo dealer and they aren't cheap and there is only ONE in Montreal. And it's the same dealer for the Lotus 🤔 . Ferraris are a bit easier but not that easy. So finally after all my thoughts I decided the new C8 was the car I needed for a good peace of mind.
Contacted my sales friend and told him I was BUYING my vette for sure. He told me when he was expecting my order to go to the system and decided to start to sell my 328.

Martin called me and said Claude you're the next allocation we will have. Wow great news ! They only have 3 or 4 per year. Chance was with me as the Ferrari sold quite fast and I was giving it in trade on the vette so I can save the taxes on that amount. By the time everything was done with the Ferrari sold thrue them in California with shipping, dollar exchange and all that s☆☆t the week after Martin called me and said you will be our first 2025 we have to order one next week and it's you.
I was SO DISAPOINTED. I thought I would have a 2024. In SILVER. But nooooooooooo ! I knew the color was discontinued for 2025. I told him, we will try to find one in another dealer stock. We tried but it didn't work.
And I wanted ALL my options. So I had to switch to white instead of silver.

Attachments

• image (1) (2).jpeg
    image (1) (2).jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 0
  • image (5).jpeg
    image (5).jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 0
  • imageinterior (9).jpeg
    imageinterior (9).jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Not sure what you did not like about the Gallardo or why you bought in the first place. I have a 2007 and then 2009 LP and they're awesome and give that raw feeling when you drive them.

If you were going to go white instead of the new 2025 colors you were probably way better off just buying a White 2024 at a substancial discount. Hope you didn't pay MSRP for your 2025.

Too raw for me. Too firm suspension. The car likes to be driven hard. I hated the way the clutch work. Totally absurd to let it slip the way it does from a standing still. Rear exhaust tips cheaply designed holding in place on plastic. 2 CEL in only 1000km. I hate to be dependant of a Lara or Texa scan tool at $40,000 if outside of OBD2. And the DEALER wasn't able to program my new key I purchased from them.

For the color rear my thread, MY NEW 2025 STINGRAY. There is more than just the color. I wanted all my personnal options. I expect(hope) to keep this one forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: HappyCamper
Not sure what you did not like about the Gallardo or why you bought in the first place. I have a 2007 and then 2009 LP and they're awesome and give that raw feeling when you drive them.

If you were going to go white instead of the new 2025 colors you were probably way better off just buying a White 2024 at a substantial discount. Hope you didn't pay MSRP for your 2025.
you should to stop with the "hope you didnt pay MSRP for your 2025" shtick. Maybe you are better offer buying 2024 leftovers at a discount and compromise on your spec wish list, but for most guys here we order exactly what we want from the factory, pay msrp, and don't lose sleep over it.

you should to stop with the "hope you didnt pay MSRP for your 2025" shtick. Maybe you are better offer buying 2024 leftovers at a discount and compromise on your spec wish list, but for most guys here we order exactly what we want from the factory, pay msrp, and don't lose sleep over it.

Yup. If you want a "deal" go with a 24. Dealers want to move them and will pull their pants down to make one go away.

There isnt as much incentive to discount a 25 heavily (for now).

I really like that car. I wouldn't change a thing. It's sharp and yet different.
Are you talking about my specific car ? Or the vette in general.
If it's for mine well thanks a lot. Since I built this one on the Chevy website I couldn't find any other that were as attractive to me than this one. I tried to find one in dealer stocks all over Canada that would be close enough but nothing made me happy. Had to order this one.
I'm now like a kid waiting for christmas and the waiting seem like eternity.

You make it look like he has a unicorn build. Aside from the wheels there would probably be something very similar in stock at a dealer for 2024. 2024s have been discounted for quite some time now at various dealers back since March so no way “leftovers”

Your nuts if your thinking there aren’t dealer discounting 2025 custom orders and there will also be 2025 stock units arriving before winter that will be clearing out just like the 2024s. Paying MSRP in todays market order or stock for a Stingray is bizarre especially people taking late deliveries now keeping them in the garage for the next 6 months.

• Angry
Reactions: Bixter44
Another reason I custom ordered my car is because I have been a bone stock car guy most of my life. I realized I wanted my car with ALL my options on the factory built documents.
Dressing up a similar one from a dealer inventory would have been easy but it was not what I wanted.
My plan is to keep this car for a long long time.