Featured Thread
This was awesome! My last major road trip was picking up my 99 coupe in Manhattan and trekking across the US to southern Washington state to pick up my wife visiting her brother. Then after a few days we headed back to Edmonton and man what an experience. From high heat, to floods, dodging tumbleweeds, and finally a killer snowstorm in the Washington "Alps" enroute to her brothers place. The car was a trooper and I still have her today 👍
Well done and enjoy the ZR1!
Jay

the adventure continues!!

more updates to come.

here is the plate.

297731d7_3ff0_4826_85f1_f720b4303464_a4f5f9490e70cea9e6d48896d93484a1683f44c0.jpeg

Good read.

Reminds me of when I was posted to CFB Moosejaw back in the 90’s and we drove my 83 Mustang there.

When we hit just past Winnipeg, we went over an overpass and it looked like the entire prairies (all the way to to the alberta foothills) were laid out in front of us.
My (then) wife cried for (what seemed like) hours after that since it was soooooo flat. We were both from NS and had never seen sooooo many hundreds of miles soooooo flat and (visually) barren. To us, it was like suddenly being dumped out onto the surface of the moon.

We actually had our spirits pick up when we hit Belle Plain, Sask, and the road actually went up over the tracks and even had a turn! Sadly, that was the last time the road did anything but rail stright on until we got to Moosejaw and the (now) ex-wife went gloomy all over again.

That was also the last time I drove car that didn’t have cruise control. My left leg was puffed up as big as a BC redwood and the muscles were rock hard for a couple days afterwards. I even ripped an oem cruise system out of a fox capri and put it in the Mustang a few months later. Gonna live in the praries? Cruise is an essential, not an option....

Oh, and Moosejaw? The name comes from a native phrase that meant “bend in the river”, “river bend shaped like moose jaw” or something like that. The native word has been lost to time as far as I know. Like most of the names taken from native languages, it eventually became bastardized enough to be pronounced as “Moose Jaw” and the english spelling followed.

That’s “Mac the Moose” up by the highway. I have no idea why Moose Jaw goes so foolish for “Moose”, other than the fact it’s in thier name. 10 years in Moose Jaw, never saw one moose. They’re all up north towards/past Saskatoon, or at least thats where we had to go to hunt moose and elk. Nothing down south except white tail, mule-ies and antelope.

So, no Moose, but I did look out my back window one morning to watch a Bison run through my backyard with a police car following it at a “discrete” distance. That’s quite a site to see as you stand there in your housecoat, coffee in hand and having your morning, err....”scratch”....lol!

Maybe an interesting Moose Jaw fact: Mac the Moose is “anatomically correct”, in evey way. The police actually have to guard the statue every halloween and grad night. Mac the Moose usually got a fresh, bright, florescent color on his dangly bits on those occasions....lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeremiad
Good read.

Reminds me of when I was posted to CFB Moosejaw back in the 90’s and we drove my 83 Mustang there.

When we hit just past Winnipeg, we went over an overpass and it looked like the entire prairies (all the way to to the alberta foothills) were laid out in front of us.
My (then) wife cried for (what seemed like) hours after that since it was soooooo flat. We were both from NS and had never seen sooooo many hundreds of miles soooooo flat and (visually) barren. To us, it was like suddenly being dumped out onto the surface of the moon.

We actually had our spirits pick up when we hit Belle Plain, Sask, and the road actually went up over the tracks and even had a turn! Sadly, that was the last time the road did anything but rail stright on until we got to Moosejaw and the (now) ex-wife went gloomy all over again.

That was also the last time I drove car that didn’t have cruise control. My left leg was puffed up as big as a BC redwood and the muscles were rock hard for a couple days afterwards. I even ripped an oem cruise system out of a fox capri and put it in the Mustang a few months later. Gonna live in the praries? Cruise is an essential, not an option....

Oh, and Moosejaw? The name comes from a native phrase that meant “bend in the river”, “river bend shaped like moose jaw” or something like that. The native word has been lost to time as far as I know. Like most of the names taken from native languages, it eventually became bastardized enough to be pronounced as “Moose Jaw” and the english spelling followed.

That’s “Mac the Moose” up by the highway. I have no idea why Moose Jaw goes so foolish for “Moose”, other than the fact it’s in thier name. 10 years in Moose Jaw, never saw one moose. They’re all up north towards/past Saskatoon, or at least thats where we had to go to hunt moose and elk. Nothing down south except white tail, mule-ies and antelope.

So, no Moose, but I did look out my back window one morning to watch a Bison run through my backyard with a police car following it at a “discrete” distance. That’s quite a site to see as you stand there in your housecoat, coffee in hand and having your morning, err....”scratch”....lol!

Maybe an interesting Moose Jaw fact: Mac the Moose is “anatomically correct”, in evey way. The police actually have to guard the statue every halloween and grad night. Mac the Moose usually got a fresh, bright, florescent color on his dangly bits on those occastions....lol!

I drove it from NS to Alberta in 1980. Had a 1961 Dodge Custom, push button auto. No cruise in it either. Saskatchewan has changed a lot since the 90's Tourmax. They planted 3 trees.... (ohhhhh.... and I'm gonna catch hell for that one....:Ack2:)

I think most all of us are generally all around Corvette nuts. Except maybe XFIRE82 who may possibly be a tiny bit more partial to C3's and most other vehicles that are at least a half century or more old... lol... No matter man... We love stories, pics, especially beastly track stories, be it C4 ZR1 or whatever.... :thumbs:

Been looking for so long.

Maybe this should go into the zr1 discussion but im not sure how many of my c4 peeps lurk there so here it is. I want to share the experience. Im *not* a social media guy, so im posting my thread here to share.

The car was originally from Toronto Canada. A canadian car. Then a guy bought it and took it to PEI. That guy listed it in PEI but was moving back to TO, so he drove it there, and im flying in to pick it up tomorrow morning...and then im going to make the rediculous drive from Toronto to Calgary. I am taking the canadian route, theough the Canadian Shield for the drop dead gorgeous scenery. Also stopping for business in Thunder Bay, ON, and will overnight at a family cabin between Tbay and Kenora. Once I hit the Manitoba border i hit the praries, and the drive gets fairly boring.

My intent is just to share the journey, ive wanted to biy a zr-1 for so long, but my fledgling business needed all the personal capital i had up until recently. So now after many years Im going to get it. The funny thing is i hardly have any pics of her because the seller pulled the ad before i could save them to my phone.

This Z will almost have gone from one side of the continent to the other. PEI on the east, to the eastern slopes of the Rocky Mountains on the west. Had the seller take pics as it left PEI and as it entered provinces heading west. I will do the same.

Here are some photos. I touch down in Toronto tomorrow 12:55 est. Ill be sure to post the story here. It is a big leap of faith to drive this 36hrs home, however a litmus test foe me was that the owner drover it from PEI to TO, which is is 17hrs. So i figure thats a good sign. AC has lost its charge. I may stop at one an autovalue (like autozone) and grab a quick refill with stop leak to see if it will make the trip. Thats the only issue. But we are still cool enough that i think i can handle it.

9ef14568_bcd9_452e_a036_40e94faa61b0_eab2c0e87cb8148f5d3252344adba851a6d1efe0.png

from pei to toronto, driven by current owner
25a1333c_fc4e_480a_b77a_aed2353412e6_91d2033ee6cf3da32ac0759e0ba0b1ff41382348.png

from toronto to thunder bay to calgary, will be driven by me!

e64158dd_9fda_421a_b54c_6fd436bf5c78_5c0936be967f01dac6b38e7c240a877385f594fe.jpeg

driver leaving pei
ff918f3f_d420_48b9_b402_f07f9c797ccf_0e2c174630c66d5b0eb505de1a29377bf971a808.jpeg

entering new brunswick
123d41c7_753e_4b1d_a8a3_f5f391e69655_65d489fc9f1438b3d7643dea2537557a58008227.jpeg

entering quebec

620e869a_d3a5_41a1_ac1a_a373ba357304_592993f93c950f1b120e23f0217c5578079dd30b.jpeg

love the “open for business” slogan and congrats to Ontarians for electing a progress oriented government!!

And here it sits in a parking stall for tomorrow. Owner is meeting me at Pearson International. Where we will complete bill of sale and go to a Service Ontario outlet and I purchase a ten day transit pass home to my province of Alberta. Wish me luck boys!

6fb01dbe_a5b8_4230_8f07_b5895f1434a3_87f546f055719de8826e16972dc3848f2c9983f3.jpeg

CAN NOT WAIT
Just saw this thread now, cant believe you did that!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.