RIP
You're a Regular King of the Post You're Liked 2 You're 10
Jul 15, 2012
Fairview, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Z06
Good morning!

OK, just on the off chance that you haven't heard enough about AirMiles yet.

So, with the deadline looming back in November I had to use up a bunch of AirMiles so I didn't forget. As I was moving I thought I'd dump 32,000 miles and get a nice fridge for my new house.

So November 9th made the order. I knew they probably had a lot of orders so I wasn't expecting it to arrive the next day.

So move forward to December 8th when I received an email containing the following:

"Dear Air Miles Collector,

We thank you for your recent order, however, we were unable to deliver the Reward because of an address issue. Please provide your complete street address and daytime phone number.

Some reasons for this issue could include the following:

- An invalid address, ( P.O Box address not accepted for large merchandise)-

- Incorrect postal code: not recognized by Canada Post

Please reply to this email with a valid street address. If we do not have an address by end of day December 09, 2016 the order will be canceled.

Thanks for your cooperation!"

And yes living in a rural location in Alberta I do not have a normal street address but a PO Box instead. And it can't be the postal code as my orders for the copper cookware and underwater camera arrived just fine.

So................
1)I don't recall there being anything about this problem pointed out when I placed the order.
2)Why did it take them 4 weeks to realize this and to contact me?

So I replied on December 9th saying that yes I had a PO Box mailing address but I can't do anything about that so cancel the order and return the AirMiles to my account.

Nothing on Monday.

Nothing on Tuesday.

So this morning, I called. Finally managed to talk to a person and after explaining the situation and being on hold he comes back on and says that he can't help me because "it is complicated".

I said to him "Complicated? How can that be? You failed to deliver my merchandise to me, there was never a warning you couldn't deliver it to a PO Box address to start with, it took you 4 weeks to tell me this, you said the order would be cancelled if I didn't reply by the 9th. I've said it was OK to cancel the order in my email of the 9th now put the 32,000 AirMiles back in my account please."

Nope, he can't help me, this is the job of another department. So I get transferred. I'm told it will be an 5 to 8 minute wait but I can leave my number and they will call back. Within an hour. And that was 1 hour 40 minutes ago................

And they wonder why members are so PO'ed at them?????

Cheers,

Garry

Garry, I wonder how many people wasted their points on something they did not really want just not to lose them. Of course once they changed their minds about the program you were stuck with your decision. While I am the last one to ask for government intervention in the market Air Miles needs to be looked at with a fine tooth comb.

My wife ordered something for our grandchild and got the same nonsense they they were overwhelmed and could not deliver before Christmas and they were not sure when they could actually make the delivery.

What they did almost smacks of fraud. Good luck getting yours sorted out.

So 2 hours, 10 minutes later a very nice lady named Lisa calls.

"Refunds are a complicated process so it may take until mid-January."

I'm OK with this as it is more a case of knowing the outcome rather than being left in limbo. I mean a friendly reply to my Dec 9th email when I told them to cancel the order might have been civil.

And of course I did sort of luck out. I spent the 32,000 AirMiles as I had to or end up losing them. AirMiles trips are not a good deal normally due to the additional charges you end up paying so that is why I went with merchandise.

And since they were forced to alter their 5 year expiry policy just a week ago, I'd have been screwed had I not lived in the country and just had a PO Box mailing address so I'm actually quite happy with the way it worked out.

I'll get my AirMiles back in my account eventually and maybe I'll look for a used fridge on Kijiji or perhaps I can get one on a Boxing Day sale............

But AirMiles did luck out, all the miles turned in BEFORE the Ontario government passed that law. And yes, probably people buying things that they didn't want but had to get rid of AirMiles out of fear of losing them. It must be a major PR disaster for them.

Cheers,

Garry

I think you should teach them a lesson Garry. Call them back, tell them you are done with their BS and have no interest in being a member anymore, and for them to transfer your 32,000 air miles into my account. PM me for my details....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.