I'm sure he was happy to meet you this afternoon also...
Jack, he also had a chance to meet D Ruby who was there with me for they're arrival! It's been great to meet a bunch of people on Denis's cruises as well!

Here are some external pics of the build will put up some more once I have some time to capture pics of the engine bay. Got some drone footage while at the dealer which I will post later….(this is pre suspension drop)

Attachments

• IMG_3255.jpeg
    IMG_3255.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3254.jpeg
    IMG_3254.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: PapaSmurf
Apologies to D Ruby and Scott for not having more time to chat with you, showed up late thanks to your very welcoming TO traffic and then was overwhelmed at the dealer with info and Morgan giving us the run down of the car. You guys being there and meeting you in person made the trip extra special for me so thanks for that warm welcome !!!

And cranked down on the lowering collars and rear coilovers dialed down …
What is your ground clearance now? Do you have front lift? It would be tough around here without front lift. Bloody mega speed bumps everywhere. Lovely car. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.

What is your ground clearance now? Do you have front lift? It would be tough around here without front lift. Bloody mega speed bumps everywhere. Lovely car. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.
I only did the collars and not the springs, which would have brought it down yet another 1”. Hoping that with front lift it will make up for the 3/4” drop. And imagine your roads here in ON are baby smooth and flat compared to the craters waiting for me when I get back home to Mtl tonight. You can lose an entire car in some of those potholes !!

Apologies to D Ruby and Scott for not having more time to chat with you, showed up late thanks to your very welcoming TO traffic and then was overwhelmed at the dealer with info and Morgan giving us the run down of the car. You guys being there and meeting you in person made the trip extra special for me so thanks for that warm welcome !!!
Sorry, I just missed you. You have an amazing ride cant wait for the video to see it completed, for now.

Reactions: Neils
And cranked down on the lowering collars and rear coilovers dialed down …
Hey Neil, your car looks even better today. I am hoping you will be safe with the front lift once you get home.
Enjoy your first weekend with the car!!

I only did the collars and not the springs, which would have brought it down yet another 1”. Hoping that with front lift it will make up for the 3/4” drop. And imagine your roads here in ON are baby smooth and flat compared to the craters waiting for me when I get back home to Mtl tonight. You can lose an entire car in some of those potholes !!
Yes, I remember that well. Lived in Montreal for 3 years way back when.

Good day, you mentioned converting stock exhaust to z06 centre stack. Where did you find after market exhaust? Who is the company offering this option? Price? Rear assembly change? Price? Looking at same option but so far no luck outside of a couple stateside which extend out further that I do not like - personal choice. Looking for factory look if possible. Thanks and congrats on the new ride, sweet!

I did not measure the final ground clearance, but having driven it around once back home in Mtl, and driving over some massive speed bumps, I can confirm that the small 3/4" drop from the collars have no negative impact to scraping, none whatsoever, and with the front lift activated, I easily go over them. On top of that I did not want to change the comfort of the MRC drive, and I find going with the collars up front and even dialing down the coilovers in back, closed up the wheel gap just enough without affecting ride quality. So big thumbs up for that mod. Without it, I found the wheel well / tire gap to be a bit too much for my liking, especially when trying to go for a slick aftermarket look.

Good day, you mentioned converting stock exhaust to z06 centre stack. Where did you find after market exhaust? Who is the company offering this option? Price? Rear assembly change? Price? Looking at same option but so far no luck outside of a couple stateside which extend out further that I do not like - personal choice. Looking for factory look if possible. Thanks and congrats on the new ride, sweet!
Here you go, not cheap, but it is a bolt-on setup, minus the need to cutoff about 9" from either side of the bumper, and then adding on their centre bracket to the cut edges. Gives you that Z06 look, and aggressive sound, and looks slick. To be honest with you, I am really enjoying the sound of the NPP setup, very aggressive bark to it, nice and loud, and enough for me. I was planning to go with the S-Type Borla setup, and then found this one, but at this point just not sure if it is worth all that money, when the NPP does such a nice job.

@Neils

So I do not understand how the roof does not melt when down. The OEM heat-shield was replaced by a beautiful, what looks like a single-layer vacuum-formed plastic (guessing polycarbonate) sheet, with no heat protection.

Does this mean no top-down driving with this clear cover?

Love the look….

@Neils

So I do not understand how the roof does not melt when down. The OEM heat-shield was replaced by a beautiful, what looks like a single-layer vacuum-formed plastic (guessing polycarbonate) sheet, with no heat protection.

Love the look….
OEM parts are over-engineered and can handle way more than they are allowed to. The same think cannot be said for most aftermarket parts

@Neils

Love the look….
Sorry late to answer. The clear engine cover was heat tested to 800 degrees, and based on my 8 hour drive back from ON, plus very packed bumper to bumper Grand Prix weekend traffic, the cover did not warp at all. I would certainly not touch it after a long drive, but it is holding up just fine.

To be honest with you, everyone keeps talking about the heat shield, but once I had that OEM part removed, I was actually surprised to see how little heat shielding was actually on it. You basically have what looks like a big piece of what feels like black plastic (I am sure it is a high heat materiel), and in the centre you have a small thin piece of heat shielding stuck on to it. So it's not like the underside of the entire engine cover is covered with it.

Here is the good news, I will be driving another 8 hours to ON for this Vette Fest, whomever is at the hotel I am staying at can inspect it for themselves, same thing the next morning at the show, back end will be open to display the engine bay.

So far I am very impressed with this part !! Really displays the engine area nicely and allows us HTC owners to also install a color intake cover too !! Consider me your test guinea pig for parts !!

Sorry late to answer. The clear engine cover was heat tested to 800 degrees, and based on my 8 hour drive back from ON, plus very packed bumper to bumper Grand Prix weekend traffic, the cover did not warp at all. I would certainly not touch it after a long drive, but it is holding up just fine.

To be honest with you, everyone keeps talking about the heat shield, but once I had that OEM part removed, I was actually surprised to see how little heat shielding was actually on it. You basically have what looks like a big piece of what feels like black plastic (I am sure it is a high heat materiel), and in the centre you have a small thin piece of heat shielding stuck on to it. So it's not like the underside of the entire engine cover is covered with it.

Here is the good news, I will be driving another 8 hours to ON for this Vette Fest, whomever is at the hotel I am staying at can inspect it for themselves, same thing the next morning at the show, back end will be open to display the engine bay.

So far I am very impressed with this part !! Really displays the engine area nicely and allows us HTC owners to also install a color intake cover too !! Consider me your test guinea pig for parts !!
You've been quiet lately. Are you going to join in again soon?

Here you go, not cheap, but it is a bolt-on setup, minus the need to cutoff about 9" from either side of the bumper, and then adding on their centre bracket to the cut edges. Gives you that Z06 look, and aggressive sound, and looks slick. To be honest with you, I am really enjoying the sound of the NPP setup, very aggressive bark to it, nice and loud, and enough for me. I was planning to go with the S-Type Borla setup, and then found this one, but at this point just not sure if it is worth all that money, when the NPP does such a nice job.

This centre exhaust looks fantastic, I know that's subjective and I'm sure I'll be blasted by others, however it looks like the real deal and it retains full NPP functionality for those who care. Install costs? Is there a dealer in ontario that is an authorized installer? And last but not least , final price installed.

From what I could see on the website, 5000 USD plus install it getting up there for us Canucks plus install.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.