Vette06

Feb 21, 2010
Awards
Guelph
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Coupe
I have been thinking of changing out exhaust mufflers.
i would like some thing with great sound and no drone.
Can any one share there experience on this topic.
Borla, flowmaster...?

WPGZ06

Regular
Jul 30, 2018
Awards
Winnipeg, MB
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette C7 Z06
Province
MB
Borla just the mufflers alone will drone, Borla full CB will have minimal drone.
Flowmaster I've never had so cannot comment on them.

EmperorZ

I'm New Here
May 14, 2020
Awards
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2005
Province
ON
Based on feedback in this forum and the US Corvette forums, I decided to go with Corsa Sport. They are on order so I should be able to give a better review in a couple of weeks once I get them installed.

Rruuff Day

Never wrestle with a pig.
Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
Awards
Pine Lake, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
C7 3LT ZF1
Province
AB
I have been thinking of changing out exhaust mufflers.
i would like some thing with great sound and no drone.
Can any one share there experience on this topic.
Borla, flowmaster...?
I had Corsa Sports on my C6. Nice moderate rumble at idle, you can sneak out of the neighbourhood (if you want to), light up great when you apply some pedal and wake up the world when you stomp on it. Zero drone and nice compression rumbles and pops when you back off. 10/10 recommendation here.

Creedence85

Regular
Jul 12, 2018
Awards
Richmond, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 Z51 6 spd
Province
BC
I had Corsa Sports on my C6. Nice moderate rumble at idle, you can sneak out of the neighbourhood (if you want to), light up great when you apply some pedal and wake up the world when you stomp on it. Zero drone and nice compression rumbles and pops when you back off. 10/10 recommendation here.
I did a ton of research on various premade cat backs, custom muffler setups, and a lot of options will drone. Just putting in a couple mufflers that fit, Flowmaster, Magnaflow will drone. The Corsa Sport is one of the best options for what you're looking for, it's well made, no drone, subtle when cruising, and good sound under throttle so you'll like it. I think the only draw back is cost, but if all those other things are exactly what you want then it's a great option.

I went with the Hooker Blackheart cat back and am thoroughly satisfied especially considering it was half the cost. It has a deeper tone than the Corsa but no drone, or at least what I consider to be drone which is a contentious topic. :Beatdeadhorse:

My thread.

A post with video.

samchar

Casual User
Dec 4, 2020
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Base coupe
Province
ON
I went with the BBE and wow...what a sound. Guy pulled up beside me at a light and complimented the sound and they look great. Not cheap and took 12 wks to get (thanks COVID) but super well worth it.

Creedence85

Regular
Jul 12, 2018
Awards
Richmond, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 Z51 6 spd
Province
BC
I went with the BBE and wow...what a sound. Guy pulled up beside me at a light and complimented the sound and they look great. Not cheap and took 12 wks to get (thanks COVID) but super well worth it.
Which one did you get, the Fusion, PRT, or Bullet?

Users who are viewing this thread