Feb 21, 2010
Guelph
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Coupe
I have been thinking of changing out exhaust mufflers.
i would like some thing with great sound and no drone.
Can any one share there experience on this topic.
Borla, flowmaster...?

I have been thinking of changing out exhaust mufflers.
i would like some thing with great sound and no drone.
Can any one share there experience on this topic.
Borla, flowmaster...?
I had Corsa Sports on my C6. Nice moderate rumble at idle, you can sneak out of the neighbourhood (if you want to), light up great when you apply some pedal and wake up the world when you stomp on it. Zero drone and nice compression rumbles and pops when you back off. 10/10 recommendation here.

I had Corsa Sports on my C6. Nice moderate rumble at idle, you can sneak out of the neighbourhood (if you want to), light up great when you apply some pedal and wake up the world when you stomp on it. Zero drone and nice compression rumbles and pops when you back off. 10/10 recommendation here.
I did a ton of research on various premade cat backs, custom muffler setups, and a lot of options will drone. Just putting in a couple mufflers that fit, Flowmaster, Magnaflow will drone. The Corsa Sport is one of the best options for what you're looking for, it's well made, no drone, subtle when cruising, and good sound under throttle so you'll like it. I think the only draw back is cost, but if all those other things are exactly what you want then it's a great option.

I went with the Hooker Blackheart cat back and am thoroughly satisfied especially considering it was half the cost. It has a deeper tone than the Corsa but no drone, or at least what I consider to be drone which is a contentious topic. :Beatdeadhorse:

My thread.

A post with video.

I went with the BBE and wow...what a sound. Guy pulled up beside me at a light and complimented the sound and they look great. Not cheap and took 12 wks to get (thanks COVID) but super well worth it.

689C79BB-E131-4944-982F-7420930906CF.jpeg

Reactions: Creedence85
I have NPP with mild to wild switch, Kooks headers and Xpipe. When closed it sounds close to stock but open it has a nice sound when driving and when you open it up it screams. Also lots of pops when you downshift to decelerate.

Finally got the new Corsa Sports installed yesterday and it's a completely different car now. Good rumble on start up and through the first few gears with deep compression rumbles on the downshifts. Got it out on the highway and there is no drone whatsoever, can still hold a decent conversation in the car.

This is how the car should have sounded from the factory. I cannot recommend this set up enough, it's like I have a new car!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.