xlr8r

Power User
Apr 23, 2012
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
I'm considering several cosmetic modifcations to my 'Vette, and wonder if anyone has seen them "live" or not. My goal is to make the car look better, not cheapen or white-trash(en) my gorgeous machine. Here's what I'm looking at:

Parts I've acquired/are on order

1. Lloyd's mats and trunk-liner (already ordered--thanks Manny)!
2. Interior LED package (shipping now--package from cousin)
3. LED reverse lights (see above for sourcing)
4. 2-tone leather arm-rest (how do these look?). Same source again--cousin

Parts I'm Considering:

1. Interested in laser-mesh grill (possible on side vents too, although I hear install is a pain in the butt. Manny, feel free to send a quote on this via PM.
2. Angel Eyes lights Amazon.com: LightWurkz Chevrolet Corvette C6 2005-09 LED Angel Eyes Halo LED Angel Eyes KIT Rings: Automotive Anyone see these before?
3. LED brake lights (seem expensive--are they worth it)?
4. Chrome starter button--mine is looking worn-out. Would like an upgrade.
5. HID fog-lights
6. Shifter boot and e-brake boot (one-tone likely)--Are these a pain to install?
7. Gauges--are these tough to install? Thakfully stock colours go well with my grey and black interior
8. Dash bezel--I'm not sure I like these or not.
9. Coupe waterfall--this might look WAY worse once installed, but the I love the waterfall on the 'verts. Anyone seen these up-close?
10. Chrome knobs on engine parts
11. Engine dress-up kit--coverts for battery, alternator, etc etc.
12. Exhaust plate--these are AWESOME!!

There's a lot of other more expensive parts (body and performance). I'm leaving this out of the scope of the conversation. What (cheapish) mods are out there that really made your 'Vette (or another 'Vette you've seen in person) look better?

Cheers,

:p

It's a very subjective question. To some those mods are fantastic and make the car, to others they are not desirable.

Myself I don't like any bling at all. In fact my ideal car would be satin black with satin black wheels with no chrome and even a carbon fiber akrapovic exhaust LOL

It's a very subjective question. To some those mods are fantastic and make the car, to others they are not desirable.

Myself I don't like any bling at all. In fact my ideal car would be satin black with satin black wheels with no chrome and even a carbon fiber akrapovic exhaust LOL

I cant afford that exhaust, but got the black car, and also got the black rims coming (at some point, still looking). I think I'll be happy with some chrome Corsas for a touch of bling.

Just to be clear, I'm not wanting all of these mods, I'm throwing some of the ones I've seen and heard about into the conversation. Tough to notice an LED interior for example.

Subjective is what could make for a very interesting thread.:D

From what I'm hearing, you want black and stock looking--the evil sleeper look. Would you "murder out" the lenses then?

Got the body colour engine knobs/covers tho chrome might be better for black body colour.

Have switch-back DRL's which flash LED yellow and go back to LED white to better blend with headlights and fogs

Fogs are HID also.

You'll like the LED backups and interiors.

Exhaust plate is a nice touch too. Got mine thru Corvette Central.

C.

Do they fit if I put Corsa's on the rear? It's the only thing stopping me from getting one this summer.

They have plates to fit different exhaust applications. My advice would be to talk to their tech people to make sure a particular plate will fit. They have experience with all fitments.

C.

My Exhaust plate fits Great with my Corsa's (on a C5) :canada:
P1040701.jpg

Got the body colour engine knobs/covers tho chrome might be better for black body colour.

Have switch-back DRL's which flash LED yellow and go back to LED white to better blend with headlights and fogs

Fogs are HID also.

You'll like the LED backups and interiors.

Exhaust plate is a nice touch too. Got mine thru Corvette Central.

C.

Colin. Did you install these yourself? I'm having trouble getting the lights out in the rear. How do the reverse lights pop-out after you get them out of the housing? Do you pull them out, unscrew them? Something else?

Also, how do the license plate lights come down after unscrewed--mine don't want to drop.

Thanks for your help!:seeya:

I love the exhaust plates!!!! They're awesome!

I've succesfully istalled my first of two mods--the two-tone armrest. My elbow really likea the extra padding! There's a little more slack over by the e-brake--not sure if it's on purpose or not, but overall a nice mod with both looks and function at a reasonable price. I got this free as a gift, but have seen them for WAY under $100.

Here's some pics:

armrest4.jpg

armrest3.jpg

armrest2.jpg

You can see there's a little slack up-front, but it's looking better now!

armrest1.jpg

CCO, if you're reading this, please see my post above. I need some advice on my other mod--the LED tailights etc.

Cheers--have a great weekend everyone.

Vince.

Hey Vince, the cover is lookin' great -- I expect the little slack here and there will lessen over time.

The reverse lights are a little bit of a bear in that you have to wrestle your way up and into the back of the light housing to grab the light socket and turn it a quarter turn counter clock to remove. Putting them back in was no fun either working blind ........ I did mine laying on the ground but if it were up on a hoist I'm sure it would be much easier.

The bulbs themselves are push on (straight in) once you have the sockets out -- again working blind is no fun but with a little sweat you can get 'er done.

The license plate lights I've not done yet but can't see them being much after the screws are out. Just maneuver the housing out of the hole.

Keep us posted on the lights and g/l -- I'm sure you'll have an easier time with the car off the ground.

C.

Hey Vince, the cover is lookin' great -- I expect the little slack here and there will lessen over time.

The reverse lights are a little bit of a bear in that you have to wrestle your way up and into the back of the light housing to grab the light socket and turn it a quarter turn counter clock to remove. Putting them back in was no fun either working blind ........ I did mine laying on the ground but if it were up on a hoist I'm sure it would be much easier.

The bulbs themselves are push on (straight in) once you have the sockets out -- again working blind is no fun but with a little sweat you can get 'er done.

The license plate lights I've not done yet but can't see them being much after the screws are out. Just maneuver the housing out of the hole.

Keep us posted on the lights and g/l -- I'm sure you'll have an easier time with the car off the ground.

C.

That sounds a lot more complicated than the C5 lol, I just changed my LED lights and it was not all that difficult.

they really make the c5 look nicer with whiter and brighter lights and updates the look dramatically

I'll try to take some better pictures later, and hopefully get some of the switchback LED's that I put in the DRL's

Also have some LED tails, sequential turn signal kit and LED 3rd brake light that should be on it's way here.

What do you guys think about smoking the reverse lights with a light tint?

Attachments

• IMG-20120730-00076.jpg
    IMG-20120730-00076.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-20120730-00079(2).jpg
    IMG-20120730-00079(2).jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-20120730-00080.jpg
    IMG-20120730-00080.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20120730-00084(2).jpg
    IMG-20120730-00084(2).jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20120730-00086.jpg
    IMG-20120730-00086.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 13
It's only reverse--I'd say don't bother!

Colin--I can get the lights out of the housing, but am having trouble getting the bulb out to replace with the LED lights. I'm not sure how theu bulb comes out once you've taken the whole thing (with the quarter turn) out of its socket.

I don't want to break the original and have it stuck in there.

It's only reverse--I'd say don't bother!

Colin--I can get the lights out of the housing, but am having trouble getting the bulb out to replace with the LED lights. I'm not sure how theu bulb comes out once you've taken the whole thing (with the quarter turn) out of its socket.

I don't want to break the original and have it stuck in there.

Pulls straight out Vince. Wiggle the bulb from side to side to see where the connectors line up to loosen.

C.

You may have to send him a PM.

I'm not sure about the C6's so I'll state one thing on the C5's I would really like, clear corner lights. I think these really update the look of the car. I would also like all the other stuff Greg (not2melo) did to his car. And! The spoiler Mark has on his car above.

Colin. How did you get your maplights out? Can I take some needlenose plyers up there? What about the footwells. This mod has been a much tougher install than I thought.

Do you have the issue of the maplights staying on (dimly) when the car is off?

Anyone else do this mod?

If you know a video link or pictures, I'd be grateful. I can't find anything on youtube for this.

Cheers.

Vince.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.