And to add to the confusion, the chevrolet.ca site shows your car at BIRCHWOOD CHEVROLET BUICK GMC. I am not sure at which status that the cars are added automatically to the dealer's inventory...
Great work Matt (I too have been doing "spying" on upcoming deliveries in southern ON that way). One of the Ottawa dealers told me that they show up online at chevy.ca in inventory searches once BG invoices the dealer for them. Which is still kinda vague, but, is sometime around 4000-4200 status. I'm thinking 4200 status.

If it is still at BG then it should be bayed at 4B00 and not 4200 (shipped)
Did you get the status code from your dealer? That is the first step. IF it was shipped it should be 4200 or higher.
If it was NOT shipped it could be at 3800 or 4B00. Cars must go through over 1000 Quality Control checks before it is available to be shipped
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 ORDER BAYED; VEHICLE IS WAITING ON TRANSPORTATION OR PULLED FOR QUALITY CONTROL
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4200 Vehicle Shipped from Bowling Green
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle at Dealer - Awaiting Prep
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer

Great work Matt (I too have been doing "spying" on upcoming deliveries in southern ON that way). One of the Ottawa dealers told me that they show up online at chevy.ca in inventory searches once BG invoices the dealer for them. Which is still kinda vague, but, is sometime around 4000-4200 status. I'm thinking 4200 status.
If the vehicle has been invoiced then it has passed QC. This is getting stranger and stranger.

• Agree
Reactions: pozi240
My 2021 C8 3LT Z51 in ELB was manufactured on April 23rd and I have the VIN from dealer. Car was to be delivered in Winnipeg on May 18th. Dealer advises car was shipped to Calgary but now can't locate it. Wtf? Does anyone know how I can trace this on my own? Is there a GM number I could call? We placed out original order in Oct 2019 so this is getting beyond ridiculous. Help!!
I just took delivery a week ago and my car was built March 25 so it took just short of 8 weeks to Kelowna. It was trucked the whole way whereas most came by train. Dealer also didn’t seem to know where it was at times. Maybe this is what’s happened to yours?

So another day goes by and dealer has no idea where car is nor when it might arrive. GM says car is going through tests and to contact dealer for timing of delivery. Car shows up on Chevy.ca as in inventory at Birchwood in Winnipeg. I wish I knew how to do the Onstar check mentioned above. Someone will eventually blame it on Covid somehow!! What a sh--Show!

I just took delivery a week ago and my car was built March 25 so it took just short of 8 weeks to Kelowna. It was trucked the whole way whereas most came by train. Dealer also didn’t seem to know where it was at times. Maybe this is what’s happened to yours?
Interesting you had same experience. Based on your example my car should remain "lost" for 3 more weeks. Yikes!!

Interesting you had same experience. Based on your example my car should remain "lost" for 3 more weeks. Yikes!!
You call OnStar and go through the activation process with them. You need your vin and likely other info like your order number.
However, your dealer MUST be able to tell you the status code or, I'm afraid he is an idiot. It is not rocket science. Your status code will tell you everything

Reactions: pozi240
You call OnStar and go through the activation process with them. You need your vin and likely other info like your order number.
However, your dealer MUST be able to tell you the status code or, I'm afraid he is an idiot. It is not rocket science. Your status code will tell you everything
And BTW you really need your status code. Without it you won't know if your car has shipped or if it is still in QC. You do NOT want to enable OnStar if it is in QC still

And BTW you really need your status code. Without it you won't know if your car has shipped or if it is still in QC. You do NOT want to enable OnStar if it is in QC still
Thanks Murray. My sales guy is in his 80's and a very distinguished person. Been with Birchwood for 50+ years and is a bit of a celebrity in his field. Heck, he has done restorations with the likes of Chip Foose. That said he is no good with computers and I think this is definitely a factor. I think GM could also do a better job in communicating although I'm guessing they don't like dealing directly with customers as the guy I connected with was a bit prickly. When I bought my 2016 Mercedes AMG GTS I was treated like royalty by Mercedes but maybe I paid for that in the price difference. Lesson learned??

Thanks Murray. My sales guy is in his 80's and a very distinguished person. Been with Birchwood for 50+ years and is a bit of a celebrity in his field. Heck, he has done restorations with the likes of Chip Foose. That said he is no good with computers and I think this is definitely a factor. I think GM could also do a better job in communicating although I'm guessing they don't like dealing directly with customers as the guy I connected with was a bit prickly. When I bought my 2016 Mercedes AMG GTS I was treated like royalty by Mercedes but maybe I paid for that in the price difference. Lesson learned??
Time to talk to the younger Sales manager. lol

You need your status code.
Ask whoever you deal with to go to the workbench for your order and scroll to the far right side to find it.

And get the rail car number that it's on.

Again spoke to dealer. Allied Transport is apparently the carrier. The dealer thinks the car is still in Calgary wherever Allied houses vehicles pending shipment. Was told the guy at the dealership who is tasked with tracking vehicles is overwhelmed with volume as many trucks pending delivery are also not showing up. I relayed this info to GM via email reply and asking them to contact the dealer to straighten things out. Also asked GM to provide the status code on record. Dealer appeared frustrated with my constant queries. I really like my sales guy so I didn't push too hard as he is in his 80's and doing the best he can. I know you guys must be thinking I deserve what I get because I don't push him but I just can't. You guys have been really helpful though and I appreciate that. Maybe patience will win out?!

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.