Nov 19, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Mercedes Amg GTS
Province
MB
My 2021 C8 3LT Z51 in ELB was manufactured on April 23rd and I have the VIN from dealer. Car was to be delivered in Winnipeg on May 18th. Dealer advises car was shipped to Calgary but now can't locate it. Wtf? Does anyone know how I can trace this on my own? Is there a GM number I could call? We placed out original order in Oct 2019 so this is getting beyond ridiculous. Help!!

My 2021 C8 3LT Z51 in ELB was manufactured on April 23rd and I have the VIN from dealer. Car was to be delivered in Winnipeg on May 18th. Dealer advises car was shipped to Calgary but now can't locate it. Wtf? Does anyone know how I can trace this on my own? Is there a GM number I could call? We placed out original order in Oct 2019 so this is getting beyond ridiculous. Help!!
You can call the concierge. Your dealer can call the area rep.
GM Canada/Customer service
1 (800) 263-3777

I thought the Chevy app could locate the car. Onstar I think...

Finally got through but the guy that answered offered vey little. He confirmed car was produced but that I had to contact the dealer for delivery info. So no one apparently knows where my car is. It has been lost for 10 days now.

• Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
Does your dealer know where it was shipped in Calgary? Can't be that many GM dealers there that they couldn't call around and look for it

Flew into Liberia Costa Rica a couple years back. Luggage went missing. Found out there is a Liberia in Africa as well. Hopefully your Vette at least stayed local.

• Wow
Reactions: OL Yeller
Have you received an email from GM with your info? It would include a link to your car via ONSTAR. You may also try downloading the Onstar App on your phone and entering the vin number and your info..
If the vehicle is in transportation mode, I believe , that onstar and some other features of the c8 are disabled. I'm very sorry for how frustrating this situation could be. I hate waiting to have one allocated let alone having it built, a vin and now a large hole in one's garage. I hope they locate it very soon for the OP

Reactions: Ty.
If the vehicle is in transportation mode, I believe , that onstar and some other features of the c8 are disabled. I'm very sorry for how frustrating this situation could be. I hate waiting to have one allocated let alone having it built, a vin and now a large hole in one's garage. I hope they locate it very soon for the OP
No, actually OnStar is not. Chevy dude got in a lot of trouble with GM when he enabled OnStar while still at BG. Anyway, many Americans have enabled OnStar so they can track their vehicle once shipped.

GM sent me an email "I have located your order XXBJXR and can see that your vehicle has been produced and, pending some final testing and approvals, will be ready for shipment. I recommend that you reach out to your dealership for further information on shipment, delivery, and timing." This conflicts with dealer stating vehicle was shipped on May 12th to Calgary. My VIN ending is M5111679. I think somewhere on here someone is tracking VINs and dates. I was told vehicle was produced on April 23rd. Anyone have intel on that?

GM sent me an email "I have located your order XXBJXR and can see that your vehicle has been produced and, pending some final testing and approvals, will be ready for shipment. I recommend that you reach out to your dealership for further information on shipment, delivery, and timing." This conflicts with dealer stating vehicle was shipped on May 12th to Calgary. My VIN ending is M5111679. I think somewhere on here someone is tracking VINs and dates. I was told vehicle was produced on April 23rd. Anyone have intel on that?
If it is still at BG then it should be bayed at 4B00 and not 4200 (shipped)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.