CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
It was such a great day and we had little else to do so we met up at Timmies at the north end of Hamilton -- Clappison's Corners -- chatted for a while and snapped a few pics.
Tony, who drove up from Welland, did so with the roof off. I wimped out and left it on. Didn't want to chance another cold or flu. -- but what a day! Great weather -- and nice to see you again Tony and the Torch Red Beauty -- You really do like driving don't you ....... Let's hope we can do it again b4 the snow flies.
And with anyone else who can make it -- Wayne - you up for it?

Cheers, Tony,
C.

mini-IMG_0001.jpg

mini-IMG_0002.jpg

mini-IMG_0003.jpg

mini-IMG_0004.jpg

mini-IMG_0005.jpg

mini-IMG_0006.jpg

mini-IMG_0007.jpg

mini-IMG_0008.jpg

mini-IMG_0010.jpg

Nice to see a couple Vettes getting together. We are pretty much done here. -6 in the morning and a high of 4 sort of is killing the mood as it's not fun to stand around. I am already looking forward to next summer!

Nice pictures of your cars, Colin. Looks like a beautiful day to go retirement cruising . I've ate a few burgers and drank a lot of coffee, when there was a truck stop on that corner. That was a long grind up that hill with a load of steel.
Rob

Hey Rob, you wouldn't recognize that hill now ..... completely rebuilt into a very wide 4 laner that's now a pleasure to go up and down.

No more truck stop -- it's now a combination Wendy's and Timmies with a large Petro-Can station..... How times have changed -- I remember that road as a 2 lane clunker usually tied up with slow trucks and a real PITA....
Lots different now.

Cheers,
Colin

Hi Colin,

Looks like you had a good time. Sadly my car is put away for the winter, the house renvations have taken over and my daily driver and my wife's car are now sharing the driveway with a dumpster.

Clappison's hill is a lot better now, before the reconstruction it would always be the first escarpment route to close in the winter. I believe future plans call for a full interchange at highways 6 & 5.

Hi Colin,

Looks like you had a good time. Sadly my car is put away for the winter, the house renovations have taken over and my daily driver and my wife's car are now sharing the driveway with a dumpster.

Clappison's hill is a lot better now, before the reconstruction it would always be the first escarpment route to close in the winter. I believe future plans call for a full interchange at highways 6 & 5.

Hey Wayne....didn't know about the full interchange at 6&5 -- for sure it's needed -- wow is that a busy spot.

Any time you need a break, let me know and we can meet up for a quick coffee somewhere close and catch up on what's happening.

Have fun with the reno's.

C.

I Googled the corner last night to see the location of Timmies. Looks to be a real bear to get in and out of. How do you get out, to go north on 6 to Guelph.
Rob

Yes access/egress is very limited and directional. It's a dangerous spot.

Home is west on 5 for me so I have to exit onto 5 east at the very west end of the Petro Can property and turn around at a convenient spot. ( I went north on 6 a short distance and backtracked.)

All existing exits go either east on 5 or south on 6 since there's so much traffic. Cement barriers prevent certain turning.
Perhaps the interchange rebuild Wayne talked of will help with that corner's accessibility.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.