Sep 18, 2023
VetteCoins
Province
BC
Hello. I am a new member and just about to pick up1st Corvette next week. I'm very excited to get it even if I will only be able to drive it for about 10 days before putting it away for the winter. I searched the forums for this topic and could not find anything related....

I received a copy of the invoice from the dealer yesterday and I could'nt help but notice that the mileage stated on the invoice is 99 km. I am wondering how it is possible to put that kind of mileage on a brand new car that has'nt been delivered yet. I am picking up the car in Calgary so I assume there was a very small bit of driving the car between the truck/car carrier and the railway car that brought it to Calgary. The last car I bought new, an Infiniti had 10 km onit when I picked it up - and that was transported from Japan! Anyone out there that can chime in on this?

Hello. I am a new member and just about to pick up1st Corvette next week. I'm very excited to get it even if I will only be able to drive it for about 10 days before putting it away for the winter. I searched the forums for this topic and could not find anything related....

I received a copy of the invoice from the dealer yesterday and I could'nt help but notice that the mileage stated on the invoice is 99 km. I am wondering how it is possible to put that kind of mileage on a brand new car that has'nt been delivered yet. I am picking up the car in Calgary so I assume there was a very small bit of driving the car between the truck/car carrier and the railway car that brought it to Calgary. The last car I bought new, an Infiniti had 10 km onit when I picked it up - and that was transported from Japan! Anyone out there that can chime in on this?
If I’m not mistaken, it has to do with quality control. I think the QA process is different for randomly selected vehicles - don’t quote me on this, as I may be incorrect. My C8 had 4 kilometres when I picked it up from the dealership.

If I’m not mistaken, it has to do with quality control. I think the QA process is different for randomly selected vehicles. My C8 had 4 kilometres when I picked it up from the dealership.
Same with my C7 four years ago...only 5 kms on it. But I have heard of others who had much higher mileage as well.

Have you asked the dealer?

I think that a good idea. Have the dealer check and explain how all that mileage got on a "new" vehicle. Most new C8's have less than 10 km on them, upon delivery. Hopefully it's all factory-related, due to QC (Quality Control) issues, as stated above. If so, you should be told what the issues were that required that amount of "test driving". Either way, you deserve an explanation for a "new" $100,000+ vehicle. Let us know what you're told and thanks for your post.

Have you signed the final vehicle purchase agreement?
I signed 2. One before I got the car when the allocation went in and another when I picked up the car.
The first had no mileage recorded and the second one did, 3 kms.
FYI, I've never heard of QC test drives. They have dyno's etc. for that sort of thing, plus I'd bet $ to donuts they could reset everything with their computers for that stuff.
We will love to hear the outcome.

Does your new car have a physical or electronic positrack differential? There was some discussion on another forum about "driving figure eights" to resolve a problem with the rear ends on some new 2024s with physical lockup rear ends. But i don't think it required that much driving

Does your new car have a physical or electronic positrack differential? There was some discussion on another forum about "driving figure eights" to resolve a problem with the rear ends on some new 2024s with physical lockup rear ends. But i don't think it required that much driving
Its a 2023 Z51 package so electronic diff.. Built last week of August, arrived Calgary last week - and just received a message a few minutes ago that it's ready for pick up - which I will do next week

Reactions: MKC8
Mine I think had 11km on it at delivery.

Sales / contract invoice for this one and one previous car I bought stated 300 km. When i inquired, they put that number as a place holder as anything new would be under that.

Double check at delivery, I bet you will be much lower and it’s just an invoice thing from dealer.

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: MKC8 and Murray20c8
Well it looks like it was indeed a false alarm - as predicted by KTJF. The Admin person at the dealer said she puts this on one of the documents but it is just a place holder. The actual mileage is 11 km. Phew..... Thanks for all the replies though. Great forum!
You will learn tons from here.

Congrats on your new ride!

• Useful
Reactions: MKC8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.