Don't know if I mentioned it but the original trade in to the dealer (who then wholesaled to Platinum) was for $120K. So Platinum is now under water with it.
wow I thought they still had some meat on the bone, plus they have been sitting on this car for 6-8 months with 120k tied up not making money.

As someone said, MSRP yearly increases tends to pull used prices up;
GM and dealers doing ok on options gravy. The Monroney window sticker on page 2 shows
Front lift in '21 at 1875. My '22 was 2795. The '23 Build a Chev site says 3180. For a 12v air pump and 2 small air bags.
Painted calipers were 495 last year, now 810. For $5 worth of powder coat.

• Haha
Reactions: Dik
As someone said, MSRP yearly increases tends to pull used prices up;
GM and dealers doing ok on options gravy. The Monroney window sticker on page 2 shows
Front lift in '21 at 1875. My '22 was 2795. The '23 Build a Chev site says 3180. For a 12v air pump and 2 small air bags.
Painted calipers were 495 last year, now 810. For $5 worth of powder coat.
I agree with you, but think front lift is hydraulic not air

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
I was extremely lucky this morning. Having made some calls to dealerships all across Ontario for last 2 weeks, I got a call this morning from a sales representatives from an Ontario based dealer. He explained that a manager was selling off a vehicle he ordered for himself which was not transferred on his name, as he meant to keep it in dealership for show or what not, but decided to sell the 2023 C8 HTC at current MSRP + Dealer fees ($708 which includes admin, tire guard, license, gasoline and omvic fee) + Finance cost. Vehicle is a 2LT, with gt2 seats, bunch of other options. It is running me 111.5k + HST + Luxury tax (as i will be first owner of car). Was planning on getting a coupe initially but now really looking forward to the HTC. I provided the deposit right away without even thinking twice, as I will have a car to enjoy for the summer. I plan to pick it up in mid-march (or earlier depending on weather), car has 150km.

I was extremely lucky this morning. Having made some calls to dealerships all across Ontario for last 2 weeks, I got a call this morning from a sales representatives from an Ontario based dealer. He explained that a manager was selling off a vehicle he ordered for himself which was not transferred on his name, as he meant to keep it in dealership for show or what not, but decided to sell the 2023 C8 HTC at current MSRP + Dealer fees ($708 which includes admin, tire guard, license, gasoline and omvic fee) + Finance cost. Vehicle is a 2LT, with gt2 seats, bunch of other options. It is running me 111.5k + HST + Luxury tax (as i will be first owner of car). Was planning on getting a coupe initially but now really looking forward to the HTC. I provided the deposit right away without even thinking twice, as I will have a car to enjoy for the summer. I plan to pick it up in mid-march (or earlier depending on weather), car has 150km.
Extremely lucky is a major understatement, 2 weeks vs 2+ years on a list, not a bad land sir !! I think most of us in the wait are so numb to time passing slowly over that 2+ year period, that we just forget about it and hope everyone on here entertains us (and keeps us informed) in the meantime (I check in regularly for my sanity). There is a chance that for some on a list, calls could be made to several dealers to land a rare chance like you, or even purchase one pre-owned too. Either way, your wait time will be a record on here (next to nothing), and you will likely be driving a C8 before many of us still waiting, but you put in the effort and time, so you go home with the prize. Congrats, can't wait to see pics of it !!

Reactions: 12cents
Still way more than I paid new for my HTC Z51 3LT loaded.
They cant make up their mind how many speakers it has and not even a Z51. Good luck with that sale.

Yours is a 2020 and his is 2023, prices have changed 4 times since the time you got yours
Cant be that much of a price increase. Still it's used, not new. And it's got a lot less options than I do. Just sayin. Never trust a salesman....or a politician. LOL.

You are so lucky. I am located in ON and have not put my name down on any waiting lists. Maybe I should start calling to see if there is any chance of getting one as you did. I am thinking of relocating to BC this summer and heard it was much more difficult to get one over there. The car sale tax difference is 2% comparing BC and ON which should cover the fee of transporting the car from ON to BC.

Cant be that much of a price increase. Still it's used, not new. And it's got a lot less options than I do. Just sayin. Never trust a salesman....or a politician. LOL.
yes it can, over $12,000 more from 2020 to 2023, and his car is new, if it was used it would cost another $18,000 for the dealer/owner to break even after paying taxes and Lux tax.

Reactions: kerry4
You are so lucky. I am located in ON and have not put my name down on any waiting lists. Maybe I should start calling to see if there is any chance of getting one as you did. I am thinking of relocating to BC this summer and heard it was much more difficult to get one over there. The car sale tax difference is 2% comparing BC and ON which should cover the fee of transporting the car from ON to BC.

If you've not done so yet, check out the "car tax" in BC, while deciding if to buy in Ontario vs BC. Even before the Federal Government imposed the "luxury tax", BC had a tax on higher-valued cars purchased there. In other words, it may be more than a 2% difference (?). My understanding is that BC is the worst Province in Canada to purchase a vehicle, due to its high tax structure. Here's an article I pulled off the Web that appears to pre-date the Federal luxury tax (so you'd have to add that Federal tax to the numbers in this article):

Good luck!

That's absolutely true:

over $60,000....10% B.C. tax

$125,000...15%

$150,000...20%

All are plus GST and the 15 and 20% rate is compounded on top of the gst as they call it a surcharge and not a tax.

Many new 3LT builds are coming in at around 120 to 125 thousand ...

When you put the new luxury tax in to the equation it can put you into the $125,000 tax rate as the B.C and GST is added after the luxury tax is added in to the price.

B.C is most definitely the highest taxed province on luxury cars.

When I just bought my 23 the business mgr. told me that Trudope wants the federal luxury tax added in to the list price on the sales contract, trying to hide it.

She put it in as a separate line. $3660.00

If you've not done so yet, check out the "car tax" in BC, while deciding if to buy in Ontario vs BC. Even before the Federal Government imposed the "luxury tax", BC had a tax on higher-valued cars purchased there. In other words, it may be more than a 2% difference (?). My understanding is that BC is the worst Province in Canada to purchase a vehicle, due to its high tax structure. Here's an article I pulled off the Web that appears to pre-date the Federal luxury tax (so you'd have to add that Federal tax to the numbers in this article):

Good luck!
I have to keep the total amount of my build under $125,000 to avoid the luxury tax in BC.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Your build needs to be no more than $120,000 to stay under the $125,000 tax plateau......The federal tax is put on the list price.

$120,000 list plus fed. tax,,( 20% of $20,000 = $4000 ). So that puts you at $124,000 and there will be doc fees added to that so you could get over 125,000 and in to the next B.C. tax bracket.

Your build needs to be no more than $120,000 to stay under the $125,000 tax plateau......The federal tax is put on the list price.

$120,000 list plus fed. tax,,( 20% of $20,000 = $4000 ). So that puts you at $124,000 and there will be doc fees added to that so you could get over 125,000 and in to the next B.C. tax bracket.
my build is only about 100k. With a potential MSRP increase in the future, I am still under the 125k bracket. I am just worried about the longer waiting time in BC.

yes it can, over $12,000 more from 2020 to 2023, and his car is new, if it was used it would cost another $18,000 for the dealer/owner to break even after paying taxes and Lux tax.
Agree- my car optioned exactly the same is $12,000 more now, to the dollar, than in 2020.
But you now get wireless CarPlay, so maybe it’s worth it???

Reactions: DenisC8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread