I have been following this car since this past June. It was traded in by "a friend" for a newer C8 at the end of May, then had a Z51 spoiler and black wheels installed, then went to Platinum Cars for resale. In June the Platinum price was $138,900. the price has been gradually dropping since then. Get a load of today's price...

Reactions: CamsC8
I have been following this car since this past June. It was traded in by "a friend" for a newer C8 at the end of May, then had a Z51 spoiler and black wheels installed, then went to Platinum Cars for resale. In June the Platinum price was $138,900. the price has been gradually dropping since then. Get a load of today's price...

No one wants a car that has 5 HP less than the others. lol.
It has NPP I believe.

Reactions: JR410
There's a Youtube Channel that's been tracking car prices and the C8 has been dropping considerably from it's peak, though most of the data gathered is from the US.
While Canadian used C8 prices are down a bit, they are still well above MSRP and 4 model years on you can still sell a 2020 C8 for more than the original price. It is amazing the premium has held up for close to 4 years. Just hoping that my 2022 is still worth more than MSRP after 4 years, at which time I might actually get my hands on a Z06.

GM is now cranking out C8's at a good production volume - 9,130 cars delivered in 2022 Q4 and they still had some production hiccups in the quarter. If they can keep that up, as well as integrating Z06 production at a reasonable pace, they should crank out around 35,000 C8's in 2023 which would be back to the volumes they used to do. Hopefully better times ahead for those on C8 wait lists.

Reactions: Rkurtz
so its mostly irrelevant to Canada ;)

I mean maybe... but also, a bit of it is being driven by rising rates (on their cars and/or homes) and people that are over leveraged so I can see it having some downward pressure here as well. Especially to those who are trying to take their Canadian cars and flip them stateside.

While Canadian used C8 prices are down a bit, they are still well above MSRP and 4 model years on you can still sell a 2020 C8 for more than the original price. It is amazing the premium has held up for close to 4 years. Just hoping that my 2022 is still worth more than MSRP after 4 years, at which time I might actually get my hands on a Z06.

GM is now cranking out C8's at a good production volume - 9,130 cars delivered in 2022 Q4 and they still had some production hiccups in the quarter. If they can keep that up, as well as integrating Z06 production at a reasonable pace, they should crank out around 35,000 C8's in 2023 which would be back to the volumes they used to do. Hopefully better times ahead for those on C8 wait lists.

Hopefully that volume continues, it's been such a long wait haha, though a downward trend in prices would also open up opportunities on other, non-C8 cars too.

With most car loans at 8% right now its inevitable that C8 prices should be falling in 2023. If you look on Autotrader there are over 261 C8s for sale between years 2020 and 2023. Surprisingly 42 of those are 2023 C8s...but interestingly a 2023 70th edition convertible just sold for $144k which is a nice premium.

I still have a mortgage on my home and having been variable rate I have felt the squeeze with the 7 rate hikes and didn't lock in so negotiated a 3-year fixed rate which is below 4.5%. I was lucky...most folks are leveraged with homes from what a buddy at the bank tells me.

With most car loans at 8% right now its inevitable that C8 prices should be falling in 2023. If you look on Autotrader there are over 261 C8s for sale between years 2020 and 2023. Surprisingly 42 of those are 2023 C8s...but interestingly a 2023 70th edition convertible just sold for $144k which is a nice premium.

I still have a mortgage on my home and having been variable rate I have felt the squeeze with the 7 rate hikes and didn't lock in so negotiated a 3-year fixed rate which is below 4.5%. I was lucky...most folks are leveraged with homes from what a buddy at the bank tells me.
I suspect wait times for new C8s will improve if the supply stays the same

very few sports cars sell this time of year here. dealers that have vettes in inventory don't need to "fire sale" anything, and are happy to wait for the in season money. The market will be softer due to the fact we're into the 4th year of production.. interest rates may have effect too but buyers of these cars are generally more financially secure than others.

That said Im not a fan of platinum; tried dealing there a couple times and never felt comfortable. Prefer to deal with an OEM dealer new or Used.

Reactions: Noreplacement
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread