not2melo

High RPM Poster
Feb 8, 2009
Greg in Toronto/Gtown
VetteCoins
Car
1999 C5 Z51
Here is some performance data on the LSX intake manifolds if you are looking to update anytime soon, enjoy.

img005.jpg

img006.jpg

img007.jpg

img008.jpg

img009.jpg

Hopefully Manny will get the new tech info from Ron@Vengeance with a comparison of the 90, 92 and new 102mm FAST soon.
He was supposed to be workiing on it over the weekend and we might get finalized soon, would be nice to see what the new
102LSXr will do for us.

Hey Manny does the stock 102LSXr fit under the cowl on a vette or do you still need the Spinmonsters
mod done to it on the back end?

Commission?? That's OK Greg, you can take the commissioned position, I'm on staff!!!

Well for me it really means one true thing... and if I read this right, there is almost 20 RWHP in the swap from an ls-6 to a FAST intake. Now there is potentially more if it's a Fast 102 over a 90 or 92??

GREAT article... thanks Greg

Hopefully Manny will get the new tech info from Ron@Vengeance with a comparison of the 90, 92 and new 102mm FAST soon.
He was supposed to be workiing on it over the weekend and we might get finalized soon, would be nice to see what the new
102LSXr will do for us.

Hey Manny does the stock 102LSXr fit under the cowl on a vette or do you still need the Spinmonsters
mod done to it on the back end?

On thr C5's you do not need the mod. The C6 ones that I bring in already come with the mod . Now a modded C6 FAST will also work on a C5 .

I am hoping to talk to Ron tomorrow .

Thx
[email protected]

Here is some other information, food for thought on the differences in power and price, this was originally posted by
the porting master Tony Mamo @ AFR.

If you already have a good epoxied and ported 78 mm TB (like a Mark Shaner piece or something similar)
score a 78 unit cheap and just consider having it ported. Even at the prices I charge to do a very neat
and thorough job your return on investment is still better than buying a larger 85 mm TB and cutting up
the snout which might close the gap in half between the 78 and the 90 netting you 2-3 HP. For an extra
few hundred you would see an additional gain of 10 RWHP and a similar bump in TQ (my ported FAST 78 set-up
went 20 RWHP and 15 RWTQ stronger than my former LS6/78 set-up as I previously mentioned).

For grins I just whipped up this spreadsheet....prices and performance may vary slightly but I think the
general point I am making would still be intact.

Manifold.............Avg Retail $$...........Typical Gain.............Cost/HP

Stk FAST 78..............700........................8..................... $87
Stk FAST 90 (w/TB)...1200......................13......................$92
FAST 78 w/85 mm.......900......................11......................$82
Ported FAST 78.........1200......................18......................$67
Ported FAST 90/90.....1700......................23.....................$74

Last edited:
Commission?? That's OK Greg, you can take the commissioned position, I'm on staff!!!

Well for me it really means one true thing... and if I read this right, there is almost 20 RWHP in the swap from an ls-6 to a FAST intake. Now there is potentially more if it's a Fast 102 over a 90 or 92??

GREAT article... thanks Greg

Yes, I think from going with a stock LS6 with TB, to a ported FAST92 with LS2 TB you would see 20+ rwhp when tuned in.
With a 90/90 Tony got 23rwhp, so maybe the 102 might come in with a few HP more, 5 maybe?
If everyone jumps on the new 102LSXr then there will be quite a few 90 and 92's being sold off soon, hopefully cheap.

Here is the latest update from Ron@Vengeance on the new FAST102mm Cathedral Intake.

2005 C6 LS2 Corvette
Manual Transmission

Modifications:

Callaway Cold Air Induction
Ported LS2 Throttlebody
LS2 Intake Manifold
TrickFlow AS CAST Cylinder Heads
Mill to 61cc
VRX5 Camshaft
13/4 Longtubes- CATTED
DMH Dual Cutouts
Textralia Clutch Kit
Built/Tuned by Vengeance

2 Runs with LS2 Manifold
2 Runs with FAST LSXR 102mm Manifold/GM LS2 throttlebody

30 PLUS RWHP/20PLUS RWTQ GAINS WITH THE LSXR manifold!!!

scan0016-1.jpg

Installing Nick Williams 96mm Throttlebody for testing now.. Will have results shortly. Next up is porting the 102mm for additional gains!!!

Looking for a 92mm to test against as well. Unfortunately I do not have any in stock at this time. I do know 33rwhp is quite an impressive gain out of a FAST intake!!!

Im VERY happy with the results myself. This intake will take things to a new level for many combos out there....

We are removing the stock LSXR intake now for and replacing it with an intake we have done quite a bit of port work on. I hope the gains are as promising as the initial gains posted above!!!! Stay tuned...

In a perfect world I would have provided results with a 90mm FAST as well. Unfortunately being a C6 our customer wasnt interested in cutting his firewall for testing of an intake he was not going to keep on the car.

That being said, there are literally thousands of A/B comparisons of the FAST 90/92 over LS1/LS6/LS2 intakes all over the net. I have never seen a FAST produce 40rwhp like we did today with our ported 102.....

This is great info, we just need to know if the test was with a LS2 TB or the Nick W. 96mm, 40 rwhp is crazy!

Here is the latest update from Ron@Vengeance on the new FAST102mm Cathedral Intake.

This is great info, we just need to know if the test was with a LS2 TB or the Nick W. 96mm, 40 rwhp is crazy!

You beat me to it Greg. Very impersive indeed :D

Here is some more data, also made 8rwhp and 12rwtq! with a LS2 TB and porting......CRAZY, my next purchase!!!

Ron@Vengeance

VENGEANCE PORTED FAST 102mm LSXR Intake Picks up 42RWHP/36RWTQ!!!!
The next graph represents our PORTED 102mm FAST intake still using the GM LS2 throttlebody!!! The Vengence port work shows to be worth a SOLID 8RWHP and 15 ftlbs!!!

scan0017-1.jpg

I would tread cautiously-it's weird that it took so long to get any dyno results posted up.

I put a FAST 102 with a NW 100mm TB on my car-I gained a total of 8 rwhp!!!!!!I got the intake ported and picked up another 8 rwhp-that's after spending almost $2000!!!!!!!!!I even tried a LPE 100 maf and still no gain.

Needless to say I pulled it off and quickly sold it on ebay.

I would wait until some more results "local" are posted-not just from a shop that needs to push parts.

What other mods did you have done on the car?
Also what intake did you have on before the FAST 102 unit?
How did the tuning on the car?

My local shop that installed my cam indicated (with dyno graphs to match) that 25 rwhp with a fast 90/90 was no issues whatsoever so its interesting you have such erroneous experiences
[mob][/mob]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.