Aug 4, 2020
Brooklin
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette
Province
ON
I had my previous C8 lowered here at work as I work for an Audi dealership.

This time around my son who is an apprentice is taking a stab at it in our garage at home.

We purchased the Paragon wrenches designed for the lowering collars on the Z51 suspension and started together yesterday on fathers day which was quite appropriate.

I must say the rears are quite simple and it didn't take him long. The fronts are another story. There is way less room to work and the force needed to turn the collars down is much much more than the rears.

Anyhow we got one side done and will do the other side tonight.

I will post some pics when its complete for those that are thinking about lowering their Z51.
l1.jpg

l2.jpg

l3.jpg

I just read something the other day that suggested you can't adjust the front height, if you have the front lift option.
Don't know if that's true, or if it comes into play here?
EDIT: A quick search, and I'm seeing all kinds of "lowering the front lift kit" hits on the net. Never mind.

If you guys followed the details of my custom build on here #MtlC8 (as some others on here have done as well), lowering is fairly easy with the Z51 coilovers, just need some elbow grease and muscle to turn the nut to lower the plate. The big work comes into play if you take the front lift, many YouTube videos out there showing the steps required to take out the front setup to swap out the lowering collars (coilovers replaced by front lift motor mechanism). While (temporarily) in ON, took mine to Champion Motors, they had done 4-5 already, and did the work in record time. Was chomping on a Tim's BBQ wrap for lunch by the time they were done. FYI works like a charm (so far), no codes and no issues with clearance from the 3/4" drop, plenty of lift left to clear speed bumps and steep garages (just tested in out in a multi level underground downtown parking garage and worked great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.