Nelson84....
sorry... I don't have a 4-post lift..
BUT I want/need one so bad that CCO thought I had one already....LOL
:rofl:

Colin.. Can I tell my wife that you think I should have a lift???
She might listen to an outsider!

graham

Nelson84, I picked up a LiftKing 9000 from Thunder Valley in Red Deer. (403) 896-7258

I am very happy with the lift, it has 10 lock positions, an external welded lock ladder and a secondary safety pin for the top position.

The only problem was, I decided to buy the rolling jack that is available for this lift, I phoned and left a couple messages, but have not received a return call. So I am not sure what is going on with them.

They delivered and installed the Hoist for me at a very reasonable price, I was happy with the Service and Price of the unit, just disappointed they cannot at least return a phone call.

LiftKing_zps001c1b15.jpg

Nelson84, I picked up a LiftKing 9000 from Thunder Valley in Red Deer. (403) 896-7258

I am very happy with the lift, it has 10 lock positions, an external welded lock ladder and a secondary safety pin for the top position.

The only problem was, I decided to buy the rolling jack that is available for this lift, I phoned and left a couple messages, but have not received a return call. So I am not sure what is going on with them.

They delivered and installed the Hoist for me at a very reasonable price, I was happy with the Service and Price of the unit, just disappointed they cannot at least return a phone call.

LiftKing_zps001c1b15.jpg
Do you have a close up of the locking channel on this lift? Is the locking part on the post part of the post or is it an adjustable later type setup?

Nelson84....
sorry... I don't have a 4-post lift..
BUT I want/need one so bad that CCO thought I had one already....LOL
:rofl:

Colin.. Can I tell my wife that you think I should have a lift???
She might listen to an outsider!

graham

Glad to help my friend ..... but be prepared for her to offer a 'lift' to go shopping.:D

I actually looked into putting a lift in my double garage and I determined that it would just fit....The only hangup was that the ceiling was a couple feet too low and meant major renos.

20150423_094057_zpsslrdpfin.jpg

The lock ladder is welded to the side of the main uprights all along its length.

You can also see the brass pin secondary safety, just below the slider.

I like this system better than a lot of the cheaper lifts than have the lock ladder suspended from a bolt off the top plate and hangs free inside the channels.

My ceiling is 9 ft and I am still looking to do something... I don't care about getting another car under, just hVing that ability to get under when I want to and store smaller items.

Storing the small things on the lift is tantamount to storing them in the upper shelf I have built. I am hoping that, with the lift, I might be able to get close to 4 ft clearance when lifted to work under the car...or store my two motorcycles. The issue I am still left with is then only being able to lift with the door closed unless my local garage door guys can set the door to lift just below ceiling level rather than where it is now.

The biggest issue would actually be transport and installation as these things are HEAVY!

The other worry this might elleviate is any rubbing or scratching from the traffic going by the car as the garage is multifunctional and not just a Vette Den...at least not now anyway.

When I got the lift it was $3500 delivered and installed.

I have 10' 8" for ceiling height and I had to shorten the aerial on the C3 to get it to full top lock position. At 9' ceilings still could get two vettes in, but you would only have 50" of clearance under the ramps to the floor. I would think at that height you would want some kind of mechanical stop to prevent lifting it too high.

I also went to a sidemount garage door opener and limited the door travel to clear the back of the car.

My next house will have a built in basement den to hold these large toys... Nothing like working on the car and watching a game on the big screen at the same time.

Reminds me of a number of years back when we had our first house and I had my Yamaha 400 motorcycle. The wife hated me. The start of things was when I tried to get the bike in the basement end of season and lost it going down the staircase, doing much damage. The highlight though was when I took it apart to clean each piece over the winter in our living room eheh. These stories are still alive and well even today!

The one I have is a Danmar that was sold by Babco. I see now that they are sold by Princess Auto so you should be able to get it delivered to any store near you. The thing I like is it has double welded locks on the post and the second set is in case you have a cable break. Will lift 7000 lb and that's plenty for even a pickup. Mine has had lots of use and I store the vette on it in the off season as well.
Cheers Rob

Dannmar Equipment

Last edited:
The one I have is a Danmar that was sold by Babco. I see now that they are sold by Princess Auto so you should be able to get it delivered to any store near you. The thing I like is it has double welded locks on the post and the second set is in case you have a cable break. Will lift 7000 lb and that's plenty for even a pickup. Mine has had lots of use and I store the vette on it in the off season as well.
Cheers Rob

Dannmar Equipment

I've bolted it down with 5/8" grade 8 bolts and red head anchors! I've seen others leave them free, but the chance of an earth quake here is to great to loose the car. To bad Babco quite selling this model as it was free delivery over here to the Island.
Rob

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.