Just got back from a nice full day cruise with Paul, Jeff & Robin. Our cars were mixed today with 2 Corvettes and 2 Mustangs, no prejudice was taken. ;) The drive was from Edmonton to Tomahawk, Drayton Valley and Rocky Mountain House. We ended up having a small picnic at a park in Rocky Mountain House, socially distancing of course the entire time. The visit was fantastic, great conversation and wonderful stress relief for everyone. At that point we all broke off and headed back to our homes. Thanks to everyone for coming out, including Dennis & Bonnie for a short bit early this morning. Have a wonderful weekend everyone, cheers! :thumbs:
... any photos to share ?
Just wondering. Thx

Made it to Kimberley, quick visit with my sister in law. Met their friends who loved the car. Had to really bite my tongue as he leaned first on the back of the car then right against the door. Jeans and a dusty black car don't go well together! Didn't want to come across as ignorant so I let it go. Hindsight I maybe should have said something. What would you do?

Made it to Kimberley, quick visit with my sister in law. Met their friends who loved the car. Had to really bite my tongue as he leaned first on the back of the car then right against the door. Jeans and a dusty black car don't go well together! Didn't want to come across as ignorant so I let it go. Hindsight I maybe should have said something. What would you do?
Probably keep my mouth shut. I know this is heresy here, but it is only a car. Not worth embarrassing your sister in law.

A true test of which I happily say you passed. 👍🏻

Now for the next time 🤔

Carry a California duster ... bring it out ... Have him move ... no Corvette Owner would want the fella’s jeans to get dirty. 😇

Last edited:
Bitch slap time

I would have politely asked him to not lean on my car. Some people just don't think about it and a car is a car to them. They don't care that you paid a lot of money for it.

If they get upset when I ask them to not touch/scratch my car, I could care less. To me, we're better off getting that out of the way right up front. Not someone I want to know because that attitude will carry on to everything else you may own. Car, boat, house, property lines, etc.

If that makes ME a jerk, so be it. There was a time when people respected other peoples property. Those days seem to be long gone. I'm a man out of my time....

I would have politely asked him to not lean on my car. Some people just don't think about it and a car is a car to them. They don't care that you paid a lot of money for it.

If they get upset when I ask them to not touch/scratch my car, I could care less. To me, we're better off getting that out of the way right up front. Not someone I want to know because that attitude will carry on to everything else you may own. Car, boat, house, property lines, etc.

If that makes ME a jerk, so be it. There was a time when people respected other peoples property. Those days seem to be long gone. I'm a man out of my time....
It was a bit odd as he was very interested in the car, complimented it and asked lots of questions. They all took pictures. Some people just don't put two and two together.

usually I tell them sorry and ask them not to lean, lay or pee on my car

if they seem nice or are short tail relatives I tell them my last car got scratched by jeans rivets and so am paranoid about spending a couple hundred bucks to respect and still see the scratches as they are hard to get out

shortly after that I can tell if we are going to remain close or are enemies for life. ha-ha

I had a girl at a gas station putting in gas lean on my car a couple of years ago. This was on the way to MITM. There was a gasp from 20+ other corvette guys as they saw this happening. I did not hesitate to march over and tell her to ger her ass off my 100K+ car. Of course, she or others doing this are not trying to damage anything; it is just a thing people do.
I think Eric has pictures of this awkward traveling moment... 😂

Reactions: Dantanman
It can be a tough thing to ask someone not to lean on the car. Try to ask them in a nice way, be polite, courteous and gentle. Why???????
We are Corvette owners and ambassadors of this amazing passion we have of cars. We don't want to come off as arrogant, snobby or better than anyone. I realize this can sometimes be an issue, but there is a very good chance we have something they can't have or afford. I value and respect my vehicles and shutter when someone want to lean in to look, but I hope I can maintain my composure when I have to tell them not to lean on my car (or a friends) "Please don't lean on the car, Thank you"
Hope most of you feel this way.

It can be a tough thing to ask someone not to lean on the car. Try to ask them in a nice way, be polite, courteous and gentle. Why???????
We are Corvette owners and ambassadors of this amazing passion we have of cars. We don't want to come off as arrogant, snobby or better than anyone. I realize this can sometimes be an issue, but there is a very good chance we have something they can't have or afford. I value and respect my vehicles and shutter when someone want to lean in to look, but I hope I can maintain my composure when I have to tell them not to lean on my car (or a friends) "Please don't lean on the car, Thank you"
Hope most of you feel this way.
Yes I think there is a preconceived notion that owners of higher end sports cars may be arrogant. Funny because most of the loaded up 4x4 trucks are worth as much or more than our Corvettes. Why does there seem to be more "envy" for lack of a better word towards Corvette owners or is it my imagination?

Well ... Last Day of the Long Weekend.
Picked up something on my 12 hour Daytrip of Errands yesterday to Edmonton and back ... so today is a “Daycation” ... 😂 ... or three 🤪
0A07E47C-3D09-4534-940F-443283E37D0F.jpeg

Yes I think there is a preconceived notion that owners of higher end sports cars may be arrogant. Funny because most of the loaded up 4x4 trucks are worth as much or more than our Corvettes. Why does there seem to be more "envy" for lack of a better word towards Corvette owners or is it my imagination?
To your point, I paid more for my 2018 Ram 3500 Dually than I did for my 2019 GS.

Reactions: Dantanman
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread