Made it to Kimberley, quick visit with my sister in law. Met their friends who loved the car. Had to really bite my tongue as he leaned first on the back of the car then right against the door. Jeans and a dusty black car don't go well together! Didn't want to come across as ignorant so I let it go. Hindsight I maybe should have said something. What would you do?
He is an In Law's friend. Permission to kick him squarely in the bag...

I find it hard to cast out of a submarine but that could just be me...lol.... These came out of Hassett Lake north of The Pas, Manitoba. One of our favorite lakes...

View attachment 40472

View attachment 40471
Those are beauties! I was referring to the Northern Pike as Submarines. I used to live in Yellowknife and I went to a spot called Slew Shark Alley. Light blond coloured sand and about 3 ft of water. Up to 40lb pike in there and you see them just laying on their nests like submarines. Top water bait was a must! I wish I had a picture to share. It didn’t happen until I can prove it!

Those are beauties! I was referring to the Northern Pike as Submarines. I used to live in Yellowknife and I went to a spot called Slew Shark Alley. Light blond coloured sand and about 3 ft of water. Up to 40lb pike in there and you see them just laying on their nests like submarines. Top water bait was a must! I wish I had a picture to share. It didn’t happen until I can prove it!
I've fished enough northern lakes to know you are telling the truth. Top water with poppers and streamer flies or mouse imitations on fly rod is a ton of fun.

Reactions: Morby
I caught many monsters up there too!

• Agree
Reactions: Morby and ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread