Good morning.

Cathy and I have three rounds of golf booked starting this afternoon at Lewis Estates then dinner out at Earl's in St. Albert. We will pot our flowers, make some progress on the other small projects in the yard, BBQ, shorts, sandals and wash all the vehicles on the driveway. Yes of course put more kilometers on the convertible. Saturday I will probably make an early evening cruise south from St. Albert to White Avenue via the High Level Bridge, north on Greirson Hill and returning westward on Jasper Avenue. Then north to St. Albert via 124 street. That is my typical low speed cruise with the top down. I really hope to see lots of people back on the sidewalks enjoying the nice weather, the restaurants and clubs.

It looks like a fine start to summer and with relaxed restrictions. (Caveat: Cathy is a front-line worker at an extended care facility so we maintain the personal restrictions. Having her get exposed is simply not an option!)

Just got my skidsteer back and have a chitload of work to do around the farm. Fixing fences is priority before the cattle come. Will likely get out for a short burn around here if the weather stays nice but that's about it.

Hoping no zombie checkpoints at the YYC city limits to keep me in,
I’m aiming to cash in on my Fortune from my January BDay Dinner ....

D9339DA0-ED02-4483-9EBB-BB528C6F6987.jpeg

Last edited:
As my car is still in the beauty shop and wont be coming home until Tuesday, its spring work on the ranchette. Grass cutting, fix some fence, put in a new waterer, terminate some gophers.

Day trip, Golden to Kimberley and back, supposed to be sunny. Some road construction on the route so carwash will probably be in order as well.

Had a nice 260 km motorcycle ride this morning with a buddy, and hope to do something similar with the Vette later today and/or tomorrow. Need to also do those silly chores around the yard, now that the weather is decent. I’ve got a nice New York strip lion marinating for tonight...ahh, does it get ant better? I love long weekends.

Reactions: Dik and OL Yeller
Just got back from a nice full day cruise with Paul, Jeff & Robin. Our cars were mixed today with 2 Corvettes and 2 Mustangs, no prejudice was taken. ;) The drive was from Edmonton to Tomahawk, Drayton Valley and Rocky Mountain House. We ended up having a small picnic at a park in Rocky Mountain House, socially distancing of course the entire time. The visit was fantastic, great conversation and wonderful stress relief for everyone. At that point we all broke off and headed back to our homes. Thanks to everyone for coming out, including Dennis & Bonnie for a short bit early this morning. Have a wonderful weekend everyone, cheers! :thumbs:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.