Love it Doug -- You must be gettin' antsy to get her out on the track for a blast.

Is the new shifter good for a 'couple tenths' as well as better control over the gears?

C.

Love it Doug -- You must be gettin' antsy to get her out on the track for a blast.

Is the new shifter good for a 'couple tenths' as well as better control over the gears?

C.

it won't make the car any quicker but it will make me more efficient. my powerglide has a manual valve body but with a forward shift pattern, this shifter gives me a reverse pattern without changing the valve body. it's always easier to pull the stick rather than push. the previous owner had attempted this by turning the hurst quarter stick around 180 degrees which i absolutely hate but it worked for him. when coming out of the water box i also like to start my burnout in low then shift to high and roll out of the burnout in high. with the third lever i can shift high to neutral if needed.

Yeah Kilduff makes 4 and 5 stick lightning rods too. I almost bought a set last year but still playing with my hurst lightning rods in my 38 and 49. I want to put a set into my 82 vette. They are a nice toy 4 sure.

.........ah nice someone beat me to it !!! , exactly what I want to do to my 82 of which would be the only mod I would do to the car. Sticks look similar to the original. I'd fashion the cut out abit different to look stock . Looking at his there I'd say those are the 4 speed rods , so he must have the o/d behind the 454. They are fun to shift.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.