I am not going to be too far off considering April 6th I take the car in to get expel taped up and things are drying up around here pretty good... :)...
Hmmm.. I had my "old car", my Camaro out last year very late March due to the early spring. I am calling for another early spring because... well, I want it to be :meme:
So I am going to say... April 8th..
:blowcelebrate:

I had to replace our garage door last week (don't ask why :nailbiting:) and had to move the stingray from inside the garage to the street and on to my next door neighbor's driveway. Then return it back into the garage 3 hours later. We even had rain drops during the event :mad: but the journey wasn't enough for it to count :Nono1: ... so still hibernating ... :Yawn:

Unfortunately, I don't know that feel good feeling yet... actually we have had some double digit weather and the snow is disappearing fast but there's still a lot of sand and gravel on the roads...Have seen some Porsche's on the road but I'm assuming the gravel stones must just bounce right off those .. :rolleyes:... . Soon though....soon!

I had to replace our garage door last week (don't ask why :nailbiting:) and had to move the stingray from inside the garage to the street and on to my next door neighbor's driveway. Then return it back into the garage 3 hours later. We even had rain drops during the event :mad: but the journey wasn't enough for it to count :Nono1: ... so still hibernating ... :Yawn:

Patiently twiddling thumbs here waiting for someone to ask why? :bored::rolleyes:

... awe let's just say something happened that (fortunately for me) required ONLY a complete garage overhead door replacement - the door track guides loosened but held firm.
... and we all need only one guess with what was hibernating in the garage behind it :nailbiting: (yup a parody of Hitchcock's shower scene)
... and there goes one of my stingray's nine lives !
... on the good side we gotta really nice new garage door ... and my truck is now parks to protect it!

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeysZ06
Well SN-III. That explains everything... errrrrr... what? A psycho killer knifed your door to death trying to get to the naked woman in the Corvette behind it .... Wow!

Reactions: YFCvii
OK enough about my garage door ... Bigger news today (30Mar17) ...
"City of Calgary ready to hit the streets with a $7.6M Spring Cleaning Blitz"
:Woohoo::Woohoo::Woohoo::Woohoo::Woohoo:
Just hit me that this is the first year that I ever really had a NEED to care about for the rock cleaning at all ...
and I guess I now am gonna start to calendar the event !!!
:worship:.......................................................:rofl:

Last edited:
Reactions: smackYYZ
:thumbs:APRIL 29th ...
neighborhood streets are just swept and I have been released
... gone for a cruise!
:Woohoo:

Back now ... saluted 4 other vette drivers (C5s & C6s)...
afternoon rain? I'm safe ... Oh what feeling !

Last edited:
So this must be a provincial division game Bucks... Lots of members in Ontario and BC are saying 'last week' already..lol..... Vancouver especially as they may not see snow again now until 2021. But I will play, as here in Alberta the Corvettes stay in the garage until the true season is upon us. Whether we get a day that the sun shines and it warms up to -30 or not, we do not give in and go for a ride... So in Central Alberta, I am saying April 30th... Woohoo... only 3 more months....
I had it scheduled for May 1. I made it to April 21. She was good to go,roads swept.

I might insure the Car tomorrow....maybe....
The highways for the BC Interior are bracing for snow flurries tonight?!?
We won't get it here in the Lower Mainland though.
I'm hoping the wet weather will subside after tomorrow.

Graham

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.