I asked because they also had (I think) a 383 V8 version of just about everything "muscle" they made back then.
I thought they put the engine displacement badge on the hood along the centre line, both sides?
Couldn't quite make one out in the pic.
If you’re referring to the GTX that one apparently has the hemi ,426 /425hp dual quad carbs . Only 209 produced in 1969 with that engine option. Rare beast .
https://www.musclecarfacts.com/plymouth-gtx/46-1969-gtx/:heartspop:

If you’re referring to the GTX that one apparently has the hemi ,426 /425hp dual quad carbs . Only 209 produced in 1969 with that engine option. Rare beast .
https://www.musclecarfacts.com/plymouth-gtx/46-1969-gtx/:heartspop:
Memory is cloudy from back then, but I had a friend that had one, and it was the ultimate "sleeper" muscle car.
In that Chrysler drab green paint, like your grandpa's New Yorker.
Not one of their bright pastel colours green, yellow, purple, orange.
Pretty sure it was a 440cid V8 Hemi. Nice cars, either way.

I asked because they also had (I think) a 383 V8 version of just about everything "muscle" they made back then.
I thought they put the engine displacement badge on the hood along the centre line, both sides?
Couldn't quite make one out in the pic.
I believe you are correct. On the 1970 model. Which I believe also came with a hood scoop with the Hemi.

Reactions: MKC8
Memory is cloudy from back then, but I had a friend that had one, and it was the ultimate "sleeper" muscle car.
Cloudy. I hear ya. They say that anyone who claims they remember being at Woodstock wasn’t there! Lol .:smoke:

Reactions: MKC8
The 440 was a wedge cylinder gead engine. The 426 was a hemi.
Yes , but there also was the 426 Max Wedge engine. The poor man’s Hemi .
1697817767365.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: vintageracer
Back then if you could afford it you would opt for the GTX instead of the Road Runner as you got all of the performance but in a more upscale package. Nicer interior, more options , and of course the upgraded 8- track player with 4 speakers instead of 2 , lol . Always been one of my favourites but quite rare and pricey these days I’m afraid. In 1970 you could now get the 440 six pack , which had 3 , 2 barrel carburetors . The Super Commando engine. If you’re interested there is lots of info in the attached. Oddly or sadly they aren’t that well known by a lot of people for such a great car .
Plymouth GTX | The "Gentlemen's" Hot Rod

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Back then if you could afford it you would opt for the GTX instead of the Road Runner as you got all of the performance but in a more upscale package. Nicer interior, more options , and of course the upgraded 8- track player with 4 speakers instead of 2 , lol . Always been one of my favourites but quite rare and pricey these days I’m afraid. In 1970 you could now get the 440 six pack , which had 3 , 2 barrel carburetors . The Super Commando engine. If you’re interested there is lots of info in the attached. Oddly or sadly they aren’t that well known by a lot of people for such a great car .
Plymouth GTX | The "Gentlemen's" Hot Rod
And drum brakes all around?

My 70th anniversary C8, my 2023 Denali and my 2023 GR corolla.
"I'll take 70th anniversary Corvette for 100 Alex!"
"What is the only car of the three I would buy?"
"Correct Murray!"
;)
Welcome to the forum Jerod. :thumbs:

Reactions: Jerod
Is there a reason it can only be 2-3 cars? I would personally spend some money building a big shop on my property with several lifts, and have a bunch of more modest cars that can all be a lot of fun.

2019 C7 ZR1, 7-speed

1996 C4 LT4 Grand Sport in blue, 6-speed.

1980 L48 4-speed Corvette in blue. Or another C3 that I can restomod with new drivetrain, suspension, brakes, and interior.

87-88 Pontiac Fiero GT. I used to see them brand new at the dealership every day on the bus riding to school, and I've always wanted one. I would totally restomod one to make it a 3800 supercharged Buick V6 with a 6-speed.

2003 SVT Cobra anniversary. I would take a convertible, but would prefer a hard top in silver.

93-95 RX7 Twin-turbo. These cars were amazing when they came out. 50/50 weight distribution, incredible balance, and pulled hard when the turbos spool, which was quick because of their inline design. The mighty ZR1 was faster, but every other Corvette would lose.

Datsun 240. Full restomod with a LS3/550 crate and ZF 6-speed.

I'd want some sleepers too.

My dad has a 56 Bel-Air wagon with an LT1 and 4L60e in it. I would buy that from him in a heartbeat if I had a place to put it. It is a beautiful and solidly reliable car.

I did build a Trailblazer SS several years ago and loved it and miss it to this day, but I would buy a Durango SRT.

Hellcat Charger. That's a sleeper, right? lol.

CTS-V Sportwagon. 6-speed, of course.

Okay, laugh at me for this one if you want, but I want an early 90's Civic SiR. It's like Lego for adults, you can build a really neat and fun car to take to a track and have a ton of fun. I worked for a Honda dealership when I was 16 and drove lots of different cars, but the Civics were so much fun to just pound on and they wouldn't break.

I'd also like to have a few bikes.

86-88 Yamaha RZ350R. Two-stroke blue smoke ring zing wheelie machine.

86-87 Honda VFR750. V4

97 Honda CBR900RR Fireblade.

Ducati 748

If I have any money left after that, I would just keep my eyes open for other things that catch my eye. I love going to car shows and seeing what other people come up with. I don't care about having something fancy to show off with, I find more enjoyment in the connection with the vehicle.

Is there a reason it can only be 2-3 cars? I would personally spend some money building a big shop on my property with several lifts, and have a bunch of more modest cars that can all be a lot of fun.

2019 C7 ZR1, 7-speed

1980 L48 4-speed Corvette in blue. Or another C3 that I can restomod with new drivetrain, suspension, brakes, and interior.

87-88 Pontiac Fiero GT. I used to see them brand new at the dealership every day on the bus riding to school, and I've always wanted one. I would totally restomod one to make it a 3800 supercharged Buick V6 with a 6-speed.

2003 SVT Cobra anniversary. I would take a convertible, but would prefer a hard top in silver.

93-95 RX7 Twin-turbo. These cars were amazing when they came out. 50/50 weight distribution, incredible balance, and pulled hard when the turbos spool, which was quick because of their inline design. The mighty ZR1 was faster, but every other Corvette would lose.

My dad has a 56 Bel-Air wagon with an LT1 and 4L60e in it. I would buy that from him in a heartbeat if I had a place to put it. It is a beautiful and solidly reliable car.

I did build a Trailblazer SS several years ago and loved it and miss it to this day, but I would buy a Durango SRT.

Okay, laugh at me for this one if you want, but I want an early 90's Civic SiR. It's like Lego for adults, you can build a really neat and fun car to take to a track and have a ton of fun. I worked for a Honda dealership when I was 16 and drove lots of different cars, but the Civics were so much fun to just pound on and they wouldn't break.

86-87 Honda VFR750. V4

Ducati 748

If I have any money left after that, I would just keep my eyes open for other things that catch my eye. I love going to car shows and seeing what other people come up with. I don't care about having something fancy to show off with, I find more enjoyment in the connection with the vehicle.
There was also a budget or we would all have lists like yours! Remember the rules:
Rules are simple: you have $400,000 before Lux tax and sales taxes in total to buy 2 or 3 dream cars that would complete your dream garage: a sports car, a daily driver and/or utility vehicle.

Thi

2019 C7 ZR1, 7-speed

86-87 Honda VFR750. V4

Ducati 748

This list is one of the seven deadly. Lol .

I think my list would still fall in under $400k, but okay... a sports car or two and a daily... Do they have to be brand new, or can I buy used?

2019 ZR1
Ducati 748
Durango SRT Hellcat

Something fun for the wife.
BMW M4
Used is fine, just had to be under the dollar limit! Nothing wrong with your selections if your wife is ok with your selection for her?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.