1 - you were the one going to St. Ives.
Ok then … total =1 as nothing confirms that “the circus” is heading there too. 🤔
There is l suppose always the possibility that I overtook them on my journey and in fact everyone was heading in the same direction.

• Clever
Reactions: YFCvii
I do agree with the second part. Not fond of scotch either and there are similarities. I do like a good rum though. Just not our domestic sugar beat poison. Real rum is made from the first sugar cane pressing and molasses. Always aged. Ron Zacapa 23 year old is amazing. Made in Guatemala. I have served it to people who claim to hate rum , without telling them what it is and they will say wow is that ever a fine brandy , lol . And can’t believe it when they see the bottle. Truly to each their own.
View attachment 116369
That is a good one. Got into the sipping rums last year and got hooked on Dos Maderas 5+5. . Also Plantation rum made from pineapple is tasty. Found another one that was actually made in Calgary from molasses that was quite interesting. Can't remember the name right now.

That is a good one. Got into the sipping rums last year and got hooked on Dos Maderas 5+5. . Also Plantation rum made from pineapple is tasty. Found another one that was actually made in Calgary from molasses that was quite interesting. Can't remember the name right now.
I don’t think a lot of people realize how good a “ real “ rum can be if the only thing they have tried is Bacardi for example. Haven’t come across the Dos Madeira’s 5+5 but will keep an eye out. Sounds like a blend. This is also very good, from Nicarauga .
IMG_1311.jpeg

I will say there are quite a few good spirits coming from the stills in the Maritimes. The only way to even find some of the product, is to visit their stand-alone outlet. One claimed to be from a prohibition family recipe 🤪👍🏻
Did a run back to AB in Aug with a stash to share with a few friends while I hibernate.
Shine, Whiskey, Rum and a Baileys-type liqueur sweetened with Maple. Ready on my cave bar. Kudos to these Maritimers.

I don’t think a lot of people realize how good a “ real “ rum can be if the only thing they have tried is Bacardi for example. Haven’t come across the Dos Madeira’s 5+5 but will keep an eye out. Sounds like a blend. This is also very good, from Nicarauga .View attachment 116371
There was an article on Flipboard - an app that is interesting - that featured sipping rums. There was about a dozen or so on that list. Tried all that I could find here in Canada. Got hooked......and I never used a glass for a lot of them. Right out of the bottle................................................I hate to dirty a glass...................

I will say there are quite a few good spirits coming from the stills in the Maritimes. The only way to even find some of the product, is to visit their stand-alone outlet. One claimed to be from a prohibition family recipe 🤪👍🏻
Did a run back to AB in Aug with a stash to share with a few friends while I hibernate.
Shine, Whiskey, Rum and a Baileys-type liqueur sweetened with Maple. Ready on my cave bar. Kudos to these Maritimers.
There sure are. I have had the one below and it is very good. Not necessarily a sipper but beautiful mixed with original Coke with a slice of lime.….. I must go mix one .
And they will ship according to their site. It’s that good I posted it twice, lol .
IMG_1313.jpeg

There sure are. I have had the one below and it is very good. Not necessarily a sipper but beautiful mixed with original Coke with a slice of lime.….. I must go mix one .
And they will ship according to their site. It’s that good I posted it twice, lol .View attachment 116373
One of my new maritime corvette friends told me about a lunenburg still south along the coast past Peggy’s cove from Halifax. 😃👍🏻This drive is on my bucket list for my next visit as I only reached Peggy’s cove before returning toward halifax back to NB. Love the seaside towns and the drive. I will make sure to add ironworks to my next drive. Got a place to stop at north of Halifax for my Cape Breton drive. Oh I can’t wait 🥃🙏🏻

One of my new maritime corvette friends told me about a lunenburg still south along the coast past Peggy’s cove from Halifax. 😃👍🏻This drive is on my bucket list for my next visit as I only reached Peggy’s cove before returning toward halifax back to NB. Love the seaside towns and the drive. I will make sure to add this place to my next drive. Got a place to stop at north of Halifax for my Cape Breton drive. Oh I can’t wait 🥃🙏🏻
The Bluenose rum is from Lunenburg . Pretty area . Awesome seafood but pretty touristy in the summer of course.

I do agree with the second part. Not fond of scotch either and there are similarities. I do like a good rum though. Just not our domestic sugar beat poison. Real rum is made from the first sugar cane pressing and molasses. Always aged. Ron Zacapa 23 year old is amazing. Made in Guatemala. I have served it to people who claim to hate rum , without telling them what it is and they will say wow is that ever a fine brandy , lol . And can’t believe it when they see the bottle. Truly to each their own.
View attachment 116369
I love rum and this is my favourite. I have some worth much more than don’t match it. A little sweet for some but oh so smooth.

Zacapa 23 and a Montecristo and I meet my happy place

Here's 2 rums that never fail to amaze me... One... the Lighthouse comes from Louisburg in Cape Breton... The other, the Tanduay, a friend brought me back from the Philippines. Both are very smooth and tasty rums, especilly neat. My preference by a smidgeon is the Tanduay. Not sure if it's readily available around here but I heard it was available in Ontario. If you're a rum drinker, you won't be disappointed in either. The Lighthouse is available in most outlets.

PXL_20231109_205049508.jpg

Reactions: 1st Vette
Here's 2 rums that never fail to amaze me... One... the Lighthouse comes from Louisburg in Cape Breton... The other, the Tanduay, a friend brought me back from the Philippines. Both are very smooth and tasty rums, especilly neat. My preference by a smidgeon is the Tanduay. Not sure if it's readily available around here but I heard it was available in Ontario. If you're a rum drinker, you won't be disappointed in either. The Lighthouse is available in most outlets.

View attachment 116375
Drank gallons of Tanduay when I used to winter in the Philippines and a lot of White Castle whiskey and San Miguel beer. Used to lose my voice for a few days every time I drank the whiskey....

Reactions: Rruuff Day

View attachment 116375Fortress is available in Ontario and quite decent neat.

Diplomatico Reserve from Venezuela is smooth and a tad sweet.

View attachment 116375
Looks like 2 stops now north of Halifax on my Cape Breton drive. Wow can’t get more east in NS than louisbourg

Ya … there was a product in NB that they did not have ready to sell yet. Drove back to AB without. Found it was only available in Edmonton. Drove up and back to get it. The driving is part of the experience for me and this one didn’t cut it. So yes the Maritime drives are not just nice curvy roads but also fresh seafood eateries and ‘stilleries … great corvette adventures.
May make for an ok maritime section thread but few read in there … except an admin or 2 … because they might have too 😂

Guess I should add a Costco Card in my name for my business again 😂 … just in case
View attachment 116379
If they are fairly fresh you can always make swish . Market Place did a program several years ago and made swish and then did a blind taste test with a bartender, waiter , some staff and maybe the local lush and I don’t think they could pick it out from 4or 5 commercial whiskeys. Interesting. You could probably still find it online.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.