That was a fantastic meet! I really really enjoyed meeting everyone. Some good weather with great people, what more can I say! I wish I could have stayed longer but I got called to the races, which were awesome! My ears are still ringing after two hours!!! (Forgot my ear plugs at home)..... However, I can't decide if my ears ringing are from the drag races or from following Vince on the cruise. :D Either way, it was well worth it!

That was a nice morning!

It was good to see some familiar faces from last year and to meet new Corvette-people too. I hope .... no, I plan to have a convertible for next year and also bring my wife too. :coolgleam:

Thanks again to Riley for hosting the forum and to Bruce for his personal touch in organising this event. :seeya:

Note to VelocityYellowRules: Kim :D

Dick

Good afternoon everyone!

Back, safe and sound. An unbelieveably wonderful time. I feel so relaxed and I have filled up my tank of "Corvette Owner Fellowship" after this social! Wonderful, fantastic, great, terrific people, wish I could see you all more often in person.

Now to unload the car, download pictures (curious to see how the video clip turned out!) and yes be prepared as I'll probably write up a novel for this experience of mine!

Yes Dick, Kim came to me too when I woke up during the night! It really is a smaller world smalle ryet but the realization that my gf and I had a talk with your daughter about why certain meds are behind the shelf and how it was due to kids mixing up certain ones to get high on! So I've met two members of your family now!!

Looking forward to seeing the C7 'vert (chosen a colour yet??) on a visit to your first grandchild too!! We'll throw some terror into the locals in PR at that time.........

Now for the car, laundry, lunch..............

Cheers,

Garry

That was a fantastic meet! I really really enjoyed meeting everyone. Some good weather with great people, what more can I say! I wish I could have stayed longer but I got called to the races, which were awesome! My ears are still ringing after two hours!!! (Forgot my ear plugs at home)..... However, I can't decide if my ears ringing are from the drag races or from following Vince on the cruise. :D Either way, it was well worth it!

Man, me and my exhaust take a lot of heat on here! Glad someone was following me who had an appreciation for the "song" at least!

Ya, Thanks Vince, The Town of Ponoka just announced a Tax increase to pay for all of the Pavement that needs to be replaced. And there is an APB out for a Black Vette and a bright Yellow Vette, not sure what that is all about.....

Great to meet everyone..

(Some Dummy forgot to charge up the camera batteries, so Sorry I can't contribute any pictures.)

Anytime I can chew up some of that Ponoka asphalt, I'm happy to do so.

The APB was only because the cops wanted to hear that exhaust note too. They were cool after that. :)

Sounds like it was a good time, wish I could have been there, picked up some damn bug Fiday afternoon and it dropped me for the weekend, I guess on a good note the wife got to take the mistress to work on Sunday as I wasn't leaving on office off off the master bedroom. Any plans made for a mid summer tour again...
Rob

And how nice it would have been to have another yellow car present too!

Slowly getting things done. I'm not so handy with the uploading of the stills, I finally got it done but need to try to combine them into one location instead of two...........I have not worked with stills much and I don't find YouTube very intuative!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or8GJVdappY

Apparently producer cars arriving this morning, 30 above today! Yippie................

Cheers,

Garry

Last edited:
Good morning Vince, Brian,

I hope that you'll also find the video fun as well, I'm just waiting for Riley to give me a "all's clear" opinion before I make it public. It is my first time having one posting as private and then giving a user access to it so I hope that I did it right............

Vince please let your dad know that I really had a good laugh when I read his "business card" once I was at home! What a great sense of humor he has and how nice it was that not only spouses attended but also your dad. I sure wish my son could have attended but maybe next year.

Cheers,

Garry

Cheers,

Garry

Thanks guys,

So two cars loaded, did my test plot work with the herbicide company and just got back to it is supper time, bed time and then back to loading rail cars tomorrow. So the story will have to wait for another day.

If you can't get the movie to load we may have to look at another strategy Riley but thanks so much for trying!!

Cheers,

Garry

Good morning Brian,

Well 2 of six cars loaded and the trucks all loaded for the 3rd car. Only 23 aboe today! If I was in Edmonton Brian I'd offer to take your car and to empty out the tank for you. I'd be willing to take the bullet for you to help out a fellow Corvette driver in a dire emergency situation like this............sorry I can't swing it from here though!

Off to the rail spur then..............

Cheers,

Garry

I assume you also never get asked to spin your tires? :D

haha... everybody wants to "go fast" when they ride in it. :)

I have an idea for the fall. Chevron in BC sells 94 and i think it is ethanol free. I have 2 jerry cans on my jet ski trailer...... maybe I will fill them up with 94 coming home from BC/Kelowna

But if they car is for sale I will go back to the factory tune.

haha... everybody wants to "go fast" when they ride in it. :)

I have an idea for the fall. Chevron in BC sells 94 and i think it is ethanol free. I have 2 jerry cans on my jet ski trailer...... maybe I will fill them up with 94 coming home from BC/Kelowna

But if they car is for sale I will go back to the factory tune.

I always thought Chevron has ethanol??

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread