Your in good company over there. Yours is under a cover and flanked by two Stingrays and a Nice loaded up Black Z07 that just came in today. The dealer is only about 1.5-2km from where I live. So I popped over to have a look at yours ( but it was covered). Was nice to see the black Z07 as he had the carbon dash and pretty much all the same options. Was good to see them in person vs speculating. Let me know if you want to meet for a quick coffee or lunch when you come down to pick her up. I promise not to drool the whole time. Just some of it.

Just got her back from a week at the xpel installers. I was wondering why a week? 99.95% of the car is wrapped and you cannot tell. The custom fit pieces in the vents, and aero is amazing! You can pm me if you want some info on a very good installer in the Calgary area. Now its time to put some miles on and get the full redline available.

Has anyone in run low 11's at Castrol raceway without all the extra safety stuff? I fear getting kicked out for running below 11.5.

Just got her back from a week at the xpel installers. I was wondering why a week? 99.95% of the car is wrapped and you cannot tell. The custom fit pieces in the vents, and aero is amazing! You can pm me if you want some info on a very good installer in the Calgary area. Now its time to put some miles on and get the full redline available.

Has anyone in run low 11's at Castrol raceway without all the extra safety stuff? I fear getting kicked out for running below 11.5.

Ide like to know what that cost you (even if you PM me for an idea), and also, do you find that it smooths out any orange peel that might have been evident at all? I am most likely going total Expel or maybe the newest 3M. Can you post some piks in the sun?

So run it until they kick you off, :rofl:

Ide like to know what that cost you (even if you PM me for an idea), and also, do you find that it smooths out any orange peel that might have been evident at all? I am most likely going total Expel or maybe the newest 3M. Can you post some piks in the sun?

Hey Allflash,
I asked at least one installer say that if anything, PPFs add a bit of OP. For that reason he said that if you're going to wrap a car, wet sanding doesn't make much sense.

I got two quotes for full wrap on my car, One was $4800 and the other was $5000

only 2 more days till my car is born :D

calgaryguy

2015 z06, DSOM, 3LZ, Trim 195 Jet Black interior, Stage 1 Aero, Q6U Black Aluminum Wheels, Black Caliper, 8 speed auto, FAY Carbon Fiber Interior, TTV Carbon Flash Mirrors, full racing stripes carbon fiber twp april 13

Hey Allflash,
I asked at least one installer say that if anything, PPFs add a bit of OP. For that reason he said that if you're going to wrap a car, wet sanding doesn't make much sense.

The wrap does add some texture so the wet sanding does not make any sense. I will try to get some pics that show the difference but my car showed no orange peel before (lucky?) so the difference is not really noticeable. Another plus is this car is all curves, so it reflects light differently and creates shadows that hides any imperfections.

Went for a Tims this morning!

I went for a Saturday morning Timmies and one thing led to another. Plus 10 and sunny, and for those that know the rural back roads of Southern Alberta with a mountain backdrop, Priceless! 170 km later and my wife called looking for me so I had to go home:(. At one point I was thinking of lunch in Montana and I could be back before dinner. This car is such a nice cruiser. The one problem is the very poor gas mileage. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Saskatoon was a little out of his way, but my local hockey arena was only a ten min drive for him, so we meet up for a visit. It was nice to meet you Jacques and the car looked awesome and the xpel job looked equally awesome could not even tell you had it done no lines or seams seen at all they did a great job. I will be getting xpel done on my car when I get it. The icing on the cake was when you ask me and took me for a ride in your car, made my day and makes me want my car even more. We have made plans to meet and return the favour when I do get my car hopefully in last week of april or first week of may. Again Jacques it was a pleasure to meet you and thank you again for showing me your car and taking me for a ride.

Calgaryguy :D :D :D

2015 z06, DSOM, 3LZ, Trim 195 Jet Black interior, Stage 1 Aero, Q6U Black Aluminum Wheels, Black Caliper, 8 speed auto, FAY Carbon Fiber Interior, TTV Carbon Flash Mirrors, full racing stripes carbon fiber twp april 13

Last edited:
Saskatoon was a little out of his way, but my local hockey arena was only a ten min drive for him, so we meet up for a visit. It was nice to meet you Jacques and the car looked awesome and the xpel job looked equally awesome could not even tell you had it done no lines or seams seen at all they did a great job. I will be getting xpel done on my car when I get it. The icing on the cake was when you ask me and took me for a ride in your car, made my day and makes me want my car even more. We have made plans to meet and return the favour when I do get my car hopefully in last week of april or first week of may. Again Jacques it was a pleasure to meet you and thank you again for showing me your car and taking me for a ride.

Calgaryguy :D :D :D

Great to meet you too! Yours will be here just as the streets are cleaned off.

Dang nabbit! Saskatoon is always a little too far out of the way! You guys should consider coming out to Ponoka in May. Would be great to meet you.....Oh, who am I kidding.....I just want to see the car! :D

Dang nabbit! Saskatoon is always a little too far out of the way! You guys should consider coming out to Ponoka in May. Would be great to meet you.....Oh, who am I kidding.....I just want to see the car! :D

Previous family commitments will keep me from the Ponoka meet. Based on the numbers in Alberta there should be a few Z's there.

Riley: Try to keep July 11th & 12th open for the 2 day autocross event at 3 Flags Raceway just up the hill from Lumsden SK heading to Regina, it's an old go kart track, but a blast. It's Quad c event and should be well attended. Even you can compete as far as I know or you might have to belong to a Corvette Club of sorts? Should be a nice mix of C7's there including mine.

Peddle to the metal :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.