Nov 16, 2017
VetteCoins
Although -32C is showing, it feels like -40C with the wind-chill. It's even suppose to get colder on the weekend (-40C / -50C with wind-chill) I'll be spending the rest of the day near the fireplace!

Minus 32C.jpg

Although -32C is showing, it feels like -40C with the wind-chill. It's even suppose to get colder on the weekend (-40C / -50C with wind-chill) I'll be spending the rest of the day near the fireplace!

View attachment 118661
At least here it’s warmed up from this morning when it was-43/c . Only -40 this afternoon. Thankfully the wind chill has dropped as well from-55 c . Cold as hell all over the west as well. Sorry about that.

Somehow I was expecting that. Just stating fact . Believe me if it were a contest it’s one we would love to lose.
So true! I'm just glad I park my car inside a heated garage as I've never seen a Corvette with a block heater. I did have to park outside a couple of years ago when it was -20C. The car did start but cranked much slower than usual.

So true! I'm just glad I park my car inside a heated garage as I've never seen a Corvette with a block heater. I did have to park outside a couple of years ago when it was -20C. The car did start but cranked much slower than usual.
We feel your pain . I had some things to do yesterday so I plugged in the block heater and battery blanket for about two hours and my truck fired up under protest . I believe it was about -38 or so. Hate doing it but had several places to go and didn’t want to cab it . I keep the battery tender plugged in all the time once past -20 , really makes a difference, even at those temperatures the voltage is always close to 13v . are you familiar with the electric circulating heaters that go in line with the return water line? Supposed to work well although I have never used one seeing as we pay 36 cents per kWh . I have to park outside as I have a snooker table in my garage. Stay warm!

We feel your pain . I had some things to do yesterday so I plugged in the block heater and battery blanket for about two hours and my truck fired up under protest . I believe it was about -38 or so. Hate doing it but had several places to go and didn’t want to cab it . I keep the battery tender plugged in all the time once past -20 , really makes a difference, even at those temperatures the voltage is always close to 13v . are you familiar with the electric circulating heaters that go in line with the return water line? Supposed to work well although I have never used one seeing as we pay 36 cents per kWh . I have to park outside as I have a snooker table in my garage. Stay warm!
I am familiar with circulating heaters but have no need for these at the present time. If I have to park outside, it's usually for a short duration so restarting isn't a concern. One of the bonuses of being retired is that if the weather sucks, you get to stay home :)

At least here it’s warmed up from this morning when it was-43/c . Only -40 this afternoon. Thankfully the wind chill has dropped as well from-55 c . Cold as hell all over the west as well. Sorry about that.
Quite a few years back ....

My refrigeration teacher ... Mr Ridgeway ... explained that there is no such thing as cold....

Its actually just the absence of heat ... unless of course we are talking about absolute zero ... but thats just theoretical ;)

My refrigeration teacher ... Mr Ridgeway ... explained that there is no such thing as cold....

Its actually just the absence of heat ... unless of course we are talking about absolute zero ... but thats just theoretical ;)

I swear to the gods we are approaching that ,lol . Calling for-70.6 Fahrenheit wind chill tonight. Always sounds colder in F . Ambient temp is only supposed to drop to-45 C so there’s that to look forward to.
IMG_1599.png

I swear to the gods we are approaching that ,lol . Calling for-70.6 Fahrenheit wind chill tonight. Always sounds colder in F . Ambient temp is only supposed to drop to-45 C so there’s that to look forward to. View attachment 118669
F#$% the absence of heat .... THATS COLD BABY !!!;)