nice thing about beer drinking garry, it is a completely ambidextrous activity. unfortunatly, i had to give it up five years ago when diagnosed with type 2. it's a shame really.......it's about the only thing i was really good at !!! :rofl:

I hear that! My drinking history, oh say some whisky when a former Au-Pair from Switzerland came for a visit in the summer of 2011 maybe it was? Then more from the same bottle of whisky to contemplate my arm situation. Then last night to celebrate finally using my Royal Albert china with a decent meal and also 1st use of my crystal wine glasses with a bottle of wine given to me two years ago!

But in the main just Mio water flavoured drinks all day!! I'd have to even say I'm happy with that. Being on a calorie restricted life to keep my weight down I'll admit I'd rather have some Jelly Belly jelly beans anyway..............gotta pcik and choose where my calories come from these days.

OK, now why is it that with the start of driving season almost being realistic I can't find the 70 cent fuel any more - back up to $1 a liter as of yesterday.................I knew I should have bought a tank and had it filled!!

Cheers,

Garry

So arm diameter down - by 3 to 4 lb of fluid if you can imagine! So arm skin colour going back to normal, off IV anti's and on pills for 7 days - no problem there!!

Nice to have a feeling of hope finally that this last episode is over.

Now to get through the as yet unscheduled CT scan and I can reclaim my life in full.

Fantastic weather out here right now, if I had the car out of the SeaCan I think there would be a road drive today. As it is +15 forecast on Saturday so I think I'm going to open the doors, pop the trunk, crawl into the drivers seat and turn it over - oh I can't wait. I'm anticipating that the car being inside is going to give my goosebumps with the resonance off the inside with clearances being so tight. No mountains around here so as close as I get to driving through a tunnel.................

Thanks everyone for having my back on this one and emotionally getting me over the top.

Cheers,

Garry

Good news Garry. Thoughts still with you and let us know the outcome of the CT.

That would be quite a sound starting the car up in the container. One I am sure you will be pleased with. I had a Donzi with a Big Block and open exhausts, whenever I needed a pickup I would fire it up in the garage. Glorious, even if it was only for a moment.

Thumbs up Garry.

Good news Garry. Thoughts still with you and let us know the outcome of the CT.

That would be quite a sound starting the car up in the container. One I am sure you will be pleased with. I had a Donzi with a Big Block and open exhausts, whenever I needed a pickup I would fire it up in the garage. Glorious, even if it was only for a moment.

Thumbs up Garry.

sweet sweet music boys. when i have the studebaker running in the shop, people 2 miles away tell me they hear it. go for it garry.

Great to hear the good news Garry! I'm actually glad they are sending you for a CT instead of waiting and thinking it's probably nothing. This way with the CT scan, you'll know it's nothing! Looking forward to hearing about when you fire up the beast!

This is about you but ....

Hey Dick!

Great that you're back in "God's Country" again!

How's your shoulder doing? Making good progress in tossing your beautiful grand daughter up in the air??!!

How is the C7 hunt? Now that I would look forward too - crusing some roads here with me on your "6". maybe this summer yet? Have you finalized the selection process yet? Is there a candidate??

I've also considered an alternate strategy with getting the car out of the SeaCan - start it, warm it up, drop it into "R", side-step the clutch and a brief WOT and bingo! On the road again!

Ya, I'll see how things go with the switch in meds, the sleeve and now that I am getting myself mobile again I should be back to same-old same-old soon. Besides which I never said that this was the least of my problems. The Dr called yesterday and said that they want to have me scheduled for a CT scan. One of the x-rays that they took on Tuesday showed a lesion on my lower right lung and they want to know what that is! Seriously what a cluster f! But oddly I am probably more confident that will turn out to be nothing in the end. I'm thinking it might have been damaged from the chemo back in 2006, one of the four drugs they were giving me had a liking for damaging lung tissue. If you were on it you have to have your lung capacity or oxygen absorption levels checked every tww treatments and if they dropped by a certain amount they had to drop the drug from treatment. But that never happened to me but maybe that is still what is causing the shadow?????

Send the good positive vibes please and if I don't need them right now I'll be happy to bank them up for later!!

But seriously thanks for the strength of fellowship you guys are showing to me, I really do appreciate the kind words you've all said..........

Cheers,

Garry

.... thanks for asking. :D

Sophia is a very happy little girl and yeah, we don't let her touch the floor when we visit.

I just got back from the surgeon's clinic in Westlock this afternoon. As long as I don't screw up and continue to slowly build strength that should be my last visit with Sawbones.

Now for the bad news; there is no C7 on order. I haven't been able to find a project so I wont place my order. I need positive cash-flow before I put my money down and I wont touch the nest-egg for four more years (@ 60). Now if I had a couple of sections of dirt, a tractor and maybe some cattle to keep me busy in the winter then I'd probably order a new Z06, convertible today! :rofl:

WARNING! INCOMING SHAMELESS PLUG ! .... My girl changed locations and is now in the valley at Harder's old store .... :D

Just so you know, my wife is on your side too. I have been reading her this thread and tell her everything I know about you. See? You have friends you haven't even met yet.

We haven't set a date for our next trip but I'll let you know. Maybe we can cross-over ....

Dick

Good morning Dick,

May I be so lucky to have the grandparenting experience in my life as well!

So the arm is sort of back to normal, at least not red anymore but still larger than I'd like it to be. I have a compression sleeve on it but I'm not sure if it is doing any good or not. We'll see in about 4 more weeks when I'll get the circumferance measured again.

The CT scan for the lung lesion is scheduled for April 13th so I will also be happy to have that done with and out of the way and hopefully with a much a-do about nothing outcome.

Pity that the C7 order is delayed but as you say all things in time. It is not an issue of having the land, equipment or cattle, in this case it is about getting the grain shipped out. For some reason Cn can't get me my rail cars, odder yet in that dad and I ordered cars the same day and his have come and gone and he is even expecting his cars for the subsequent delivery period and I still have diddily. Good thing that cash-flowing is not too great of a problem for me otherwise it'd be a lean winter!

I should have started the Z06 yesterday as it did reach 9 above but I was so excited to have calm, warm weather that I went for my first spring dike run instead. It hurt like hell but I was within 30 seconds of race pace and for not running much over the past 2 to 3 months I was pretty happy in the end.

I thought that there was something off about Walmart when I was there yesterday and now I know why! I'll have to pop by to say hi to her next time I'm on Main Street!!

Next potential start day will be Sunday I think - +11!

Thanks to you and yoru wife for the kind thoughts and positive energy, yes, it is funny that my circle of friends has grown so much through this car. Odd that it would have been such a full and totally positive experience outside of the car in the end.........

Looking forward to your next visit up north. If it is during seeding I might have to let you take the car for a rip as it goes through a 2 to 3 week period when I sometimes can't maange to drive it. Thank goodness for having to get my son at school on those days!

Cheers,

Garry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.