Busguy

Casual User
Feb 27, 2022
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Hi , I’m from Mississauga, Ontario, I’ve ordered a new 2022 Vette , via a dealer in Mississauga, but dealer was first reluctant to order , then discouraged me Oh ! It’ll be 4 years before you see the car , hence I joined here to find some real answers on waiting time , if anyone can help me , that’ll be great , what is it really ? One year , two , three years what’s the real answer, thanks in advance

Hi , I’m from Mississauga, Ontario, I’ve ordered a new 2022 Vette , via a dealer in Mississauga, but dealer was first reluctant to order , then discouraged me Oh ! It’ll be 4 years before you see the car , hence I joined here to find some real answers on waiting time , if anyone can help me , that’ll be great , what is it really ? One year , two , three years what’s the real answer, thanks in advance
That dealer is a mid sized corvette dealer. A large dealer gets about 100 allocations per year and their lists are about 100 long.
Mine in Uxbridge gets about 5 allocations per year and their list is about 25 long.
So, you have to ask the dealer 2 things.
Where are you on their list and
How many allocations do they get per year which is how many they expect this year.

Welcome to the Forums Busguy! I'm repeating a post and the response I made to it a while back (see underlined below), to provide you with a bit more info that might prove helpful. It repeats what Murray said above about where you are on the list and how many allocations the dealer gets, and in addition it gives you an idea of how to track your number on the list and problems that can arise with some dealers...plus it points out the type of info your dealer should provide to you (mine did, w/o problem) and recommends you get on more than one list. If you're truly going to wait for 4 years with this dealer, then call around to other dealers (ones that belong to these Forums especially****) and GET ON ANOTHER LIST which will see you behind the wheel of a C8 much sooner!

****I see you're from Ontario. The dealers on these Forums from Ontario are: Wilson-Niblett Motors and Bill Spencer Chevrolet. Both great dealers. If you remain loyal to your local dealer, that's fine and stay on its list. However if you're really determined to get a C8, then get on at least one more list and you now have 2 other Ontario options to contact. And don't think you MUST buy a C8 from your area/Province: again if you're really serious, then consider buying out-of-province and paying for shipping if you find an out-of-province dealer who's expecting to deliver a C8 to you sooner than what other dealers are saying. And not all dealers require an up-front deposit. Some of the dealers in my area will put you on a list and only require a $5,000 non-refundable deposit after you've obtained an allocation and put in an order.

So don't be shy: call around and talk to dealers. The "homework" you do now, will +++ increase your odds of getting a C8 MUCH MUCH sooner than 4 years from now. One thing to keep in mind: with the new 2023 C8 ZO6 about to be released in the 2022 calendar year, rumour has it that GM will make one Z06 for every 4 or 5 C8 Stingrays. So when talking to any dealer about its allocations and when they expect you'll get a C8 Stingray, they should take into account the Stingray production reduction due to a percentage of their Stingray allocations being Z06 allocations. GOOD LUCK!
I ordered my C8 Corvette 2LT with Z51 performance package on November 2020 in southern Ontario and and still no allocation . What's the hold up on build dates ? I know they're taking a long time to build but it's sure taking a while .

You should have had your C8 by now (after 1 year). It's normally about 12 months and often sooner than that. It sounds like you may be with a dealership that gets very few allocations and perhaps that explains the delay (?). I'd suggest talking to your dealer and seeing how many allocations they received for 2020, 2021 and (now) 2022, then determine where you were on the list in November 2020...and do the math to see if you should have received your C8 by now. For example, if you were #10 on the list at the start, then in 2020 they got 4 allocations, then 6 in 2021 (most dealers got more in 2021 compared to 2020), and so far for 2022 they've received another 6...there's something wrong since that's 12 allocations since you were put on their list...and you should have received your allocation 2 allocations ago (the #10 spot). But maybe (?) the dealer is letting others jump the list for a premium price, or selling to family/friends (??) or taking allocations for itself (and selling at a profit) when others cancel their order...and that's why you're still waiting. If your dealer doesn't want to provide this info, consider getting on a list with a dealer who will tell you "the straight goods". It never hurts to have your name on a list with more than one dealer and if you're serious about getting a C8 my recommendation is that you use multiple lists.

Your dealer may point to COVID-related problems or the more recent tornado at the Bowling Green production plant or the fact that GM is making some C8 Z06 "test models" (aka "mules") or right-hand drive C8 Stingrays for overseas orders...as reasons for your delay. All that is interesting but you still should have had your C8 by now, all things considered. Stick to your guns to get the info above, along with where you are on the list NOW and what they're expecting for future allocations. They may say they have no idea about allocations but the allocations they received in past years, gives you a pretty good indication. Then check in regularly to find out what allocations they continue to get, to ensure you keep moving up on their list.

If however it's a ++ small dealership or one that just isn't into Corvettes and gets very few Corvette allocations (ie. 1 or 2/year) then again, get your name on a list with another dealer who gets more allocations and depending upon your number on their list, you'll hopefully have a better chance of seeing a C8. You can always cancel your name on a list, if you find a C8 elsewhere.

Consider looking at other posts on this Forum; there's a ton of info about this topic and what to look for in a dealer and the "dealer shenanigans" that can happen. Good luck!

Welcome to the Forums Busguy! I'm repeating a post and the response I made to it a while back (see underlined below), to provide you with a bit more info that might prove helpful. It repeats what Murray said above about where you are on the list and how many allocations the dealer gets, and in addition it gives you an idea of how to track your number on the list and problems that can arise with some dealers...plus it points out the type of info your dealer should provide to you (mine did, w/o problem) and recommends you get on more than one list. If you're truly going to wait for 4 years with this dealer, then call around to other dealers (ones that belong to these Forums especially****) and GET ON ANOTHER LIST which will see you behind the wheel of a C8 much sooner!

****I see you're from Ontario. The dealers on these Forums from Ontario are: Wilson-Niblett Motors and Bill Spencer Chevrolet. Both great dealers. If you remain loyal to your local dealer, that's fine and stay on its list. However if you're really determined to get a C8, then get on at least one more list and you now have 2 other Ontario options to contact. And don't think you MUST buy a C8 from your area/Province: again if you're really serious, then consider buying out-of-province and paying for shipping if you find an out-of-province dealer who's expecting to deliver a C8 to you sooner than what other dealers are saying. And not all dealers require an up-front deposit. Some of the dealers in my area will put you on a list and only require a $5,000 non-refundable deposit after you've obtained an allocation and put in an order.

So don't be shy: call around and talk to dealers. The "homework" you do now, will +++ increase your odds of getting a C8 MUCH MUCH sooner than 4 years from now. One thing to keep in mind: with the new 2023 C8 ZO6 about to be released in the 2022 calendar year, rumour has it that GM will make one Z06 for every 4 or 5 C8 Stingrays. So when talking to any dealer about its allocations and when they expect you'll get a C8 Stingray, they should take into account the Stingray production reduction due to a percentage of their Stingray allocations being Z06 allocations. GOOD LUCK!

You should have had your C8 by now (after 1 year). It's normally about 12 months and often sooner than that. It sounds like you may be with a dealership that gets very few allocations and perhaps that explains the delay (?). I'd suggest talking to your dealer and seeing how many allocations they received for 2020, 2021 and (now) 2022, then determine where you were on the list in November 2020...and do the math to see if you should have received your C8 by now. For example, if you were #10 on the list at the start, then in 2020 they got 4 allocations, then 6 in 2021 (most dealers got more in 2021 compared to 2020), and so far for 2022 they've received another 6...there's something wrong since that's 12 allocations since you were put on their list...and you should have received your allocation 2 allocations ago (the #10 spot). But maybe (?) the dealer is letting others jump the list for a premium price, or selling to family/friends (??) or taking allocations for itself (and selling at a profit) when others cancel their order...and that's why you're still waiting. If your dealer doesn't want to provide this info, consider getting on a list with a dealer who will tell you "the straight goods". It never hurts to have your name on a list with more than one dealer and if you're serious about getting a C8 my recommendation is that you use multiple lists.

Your dealer may point to COVID-related problems or the more recent tornado at the Bowling Green production plant or the fact that GM is making some C8 Z06 "test models" (aka "mules") or right-hand drive C8 Stingrays for overseas orders...as reasons for your delay. All that is interesting but you still should have had your C8 by now, all things considered. Stick to your guns to get the info above, along with where you are on the list NOW and what they're expecting for future allocations. They may say they have no idea about allocations but the allocations they received in past years, gives you a pretty good indication. Then check in regularly to find out what allocations they continue to get, to ensure you keep moving up on their list.

If however it's a ++ small dealership or one that just isn't into Corvettes and gets very few Corvette allocations (ie. 1 or 2/year) then again, get your name on a list with another dealer who gets more allocations and depending upon your number on their list, you'll hopefully have a better chance of seeing a C8. You can always cancel your name on a list, if you find a C8 elsewhere.

Consider looking at other posts on this Forum; there's a ton of info about this topic and what to look for in a dealer and the "dealer shenanigans" that can happen. Good luck!
Hi , I just wanted to say thanks ,I dealt with Wilson-Niblett today and I have to say got very straight forward answers from sales guy Gary , he's putting my order in and will give confirmation number and my number on list after , thanks one more time

Reactions: gone
You will not go wrong with Gary Wu or Wilson-Niblett. Gary was my salesman who is very knowledgeable on Corvette and always returned my calls, texts, emails promptly. He was a pleasure to work with as well as Chris Walters the General Manger. I placed my deposit with him on October 27, 2020 and picked up my new 2022 C8 HTC on February 14, 2022 (475 days later). I posted my story last night in the Corvette C8 Delivery Confirmations sticky. Good luck with getting your allocation but it will be worth it when you finally get the car.

You will not go wrong with Gary Wu or Wilson-Niblett. Gary was my salesman who is very knowledgeable on Corvette and always returned my calls, texts, emails promptly. He was a pleasure to work with as well as Chris Walters the General Manger. I placed my deposit with him on October 27, 2020 and picked up my new 2022 C8 HTC on February 14, 2022 (475 days later). I posted my story last night in the Corvette C8 Delivery Confirmations sticky. Good luck with getting your allocation but it will be worth it when you finally get the car

You are absolutely right , Gary answers phone , text and email, he was a pleasure to work with , I’m gonna wait patiently now , thanks , Enjoy the new ride , good luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.