MY21C8

Regular
You're a Regular You're Celebrated You're Liked Hot Chilli
Nov 19, 2020
VetteCoins
I power off the infotainment system before shutting down the car. On the next start up, the radio powers on for a brief moment, then shuts off until I power it back up. Anyone else experiencing this phenomenon? More of a small annoyance than anything else.

I had my car in for an oil change a couple of weeks ago and one of the recalls was for a radio update. The other recall was for the front end lift. They have a vented cap on the hydraulics but have ben getting complaints of leaking fluid. So they are replacing it with a non vented cap. As always the part is back ordered. So might get it this year or next year.

I had my car in for an oil change a couple of weeks ago and one of the recalls was for a radio update. The other recall was for the front end lift. They have a vented cap on the hydraulics but have ben getting complaints of leaking fluid. So they are replacing it with a non vented cap. As always the part is back ordered. So might get it this year or next year.
The vented cap issue is a "self solving" issue according to GM. I have the cap on backorder as well, but mine doesn't leak. They added too much fluid at the factory supposedly.

Reactions: kerry4
The vented cap issue is a "self solving" issue according to GM. I have the cap on backorder as well, but mine doesn't leak. They added too much fluid at the factory supposedly.
They said mine doesn't leak right now and not a problem but they still want to replace it. Makes sense tough in your case if they added to much fluid. I wonder how many reports they even got for leakage?

They said mine doesn't leak right now and not a problem but they still want to replace it. Makes sense tough in your case if they added to much fluid. I wonder how many reports they even got for leakage?
Enough to put out a recall / service bulletin. I don't think mine has too much fluid. They must have figured it out at some point and I guess they don't want to have the issue if one checks and finds the fluid level is less than the manual states. It is an odd issue. Usually with hydraulic systems there is a way to relieve pressure. The old brake systems had a rubber liner on the cap that would act as a barrier between the cap and the fluid allowing air to come in to replace the fluid, but keep it separate from the fluid. (If I made sense lol)

Reactions: kerry4
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.