I just ordered. Anyone else who is interested, use the coupon code SAVE10.
Ah sh!t. I just ordered mine 2 days ago! 10% off would have got me 10L of gas ;)

Is that the "Indoor Premium Satin Edition" from carscoverfactory.ca?
I opted to go for the Premium Edition (non-satin indoor/outdoor version). While I liked the look and fit of the Satin Edition, I was worried about dust and dirt over time, and whether eventually washing it would impact its finish & stretch. Should get mine today and will report back on fit and quality.

I have one on order with my car, I'm worried that it may not fit as I have the high wing spoiler. Does your car cover fit snuggly over the rear trunk area? Do you think there is room for the high wing?

Just saw your post so I'll reply: the OEM cover does fit rather "snugly" over the rear end, so it goes low enough that it covers about 95% of the tires (you see a few inches of the rear tire bottom). If you were to add a high wing spoiler, I doubt it would fit that well. It may fit but you wouldn't be able to get it down low on the rear end and you'd see a lot more of the rear tires and perhaps (?) some of the body as well. This is my "guesstimate" never having used the cover for your situation. I expect there should be someone who can answer your question first-hand but I wouldn't risk it and I'd go with an aftermarket that takes into account the high wing.

I stand corrected: see the post of Rebby below.

Last edited:
I got my GM car cover last year and love it. Fits great even with the high wing. Can’t remember who it was last year that mentioned to ask your Sales Rep for a discount. I did and I think I paid $400 + GST.
F69BDC78-B69E-46F9-B833-1984172A3FF7.jpeg04CD80C3-16C7-41DD-BE80-4680CD8CA821.jpeg

Just saw your post so I'll reply: the OEM cover does fit rather "snugly" over the rear end, so it goes low enough that it covers about 95% of the tires (you see a few inches of the rear tire bottom). If you were to add a high wing spoiler, I doubt it would fit that well. It may fit but you wouldn't be able to get it down low on the rear end and you'd see a lot more of the rear tires and perhaps (?) some of the body as well. This is my "guesstimate" never having used the cover for your situation. I expect there should be someone who can answer your question first-hand but I wouldn't risk it and I'd go with an aftermarket that takes into account the high wing.

I stand corrected: see the post of Rebby below.
thank you

I purhcased the OEM one with the car, then added the high wing later. Its stretchy fits great, and when you lock it and have the mirrors fold in, with the cover on, no issues. One thing to note, I purchased the one with the "access panels" which has zippers to enter the frunk and rear while the cover is on. In hindsight, I would have preferred the one without the access panels as you have to be very careful when you lay it on top of the c8 and unfold it, that none of the zippers touch the paint. My old one on another car didnt have them and if I was to buy again, would skip the access panels version.

Hi just received mine, looks good but didn't try it on my C8 because a bit dirty...

So my question, do you guys make sure your C8 is just washed (very clean) before installing the cover? I am afraid to scratch the paint if I install the cover and the C8 is a bit dirty.... maybe I am too obsessive...

Last edited:
Hi just received mine, looks good but didn't try it on my C8 because a bit dirty...

So my question, do you guys make sure your C8 is just washed (very clean) before installing the cover? I am afraid to scratch the paint if I install the cover and the C8 is a bit dirty.... maybe I am too obsessive...
I always wash a dry the car before I put the cover on.

Reactions: Maximus74
I purhcased the OEM one with the car, then added the high wing later. Its stretchy fits great, and when you lock it and have the mirrors fold in, with the cover on, no issues. One thing to note, I purchased the one with the "access panels" which has zippers to enter the frunk and rear while the cover is on. In hindsight, I would have preferred the one without the access panels as you have to be very careful when you lay it on top of the c8 and unfold it, that none of the zippers touch the paint. My old one on another car didnt have them and if I was to buy again, would skip the access panels version.
I don't know about the covers today for your C8 but I had a custom cover on my 99 that had come with the car when I bought t. That cover had a large access panel for the driver's door that closed with Velcro, so no chance of zipper damage when laying out on the body. That feature was great - you'd be surprised how many times in the winter you need to get inside the car. I would be like you, I would not buy a cover with zippers, period.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.