Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Well where would you head?

For me I have always wanted to go to the Bonneville Salt Flats for Speed Weeks. From there I would head south and wander Death Valley, maybe not the most practical vehicle for that area but I would like to do it.

What about you? What would be your ultimate Corvette road trip?

Its winter we can dream.

I'd head much the same way to N.M. (have friends there), Vegas and area, (never been), and of course Cali ..... PCH has always been on my Bucket list.

Florida's Gulf coast has been a favourite from way back.

C.

I think I will do the trip a friend of mine did last summer on a motorcycle. Started by route 66, then Nevada,California, a part of New Mexico then went east crossing Arizona, Texas to end up in Florida and came back by the east coast. He left for 2.5 months and ride 19000kms. That's vacation, he almost got bitten by the dog when he got home. :driving:

Well, right now, I would load it up and head back to Hawaii!

However, this summer, the wife and I should be going to Vancouver, then straight south on the PCH down to LA, then over to LV and back home through Yellowstone in the Roush. The Corvette would be better for speed and fuel but the Mustang has more room, better cornering, is much quieter, and has a WAY better stereo. Should be a good trip!

Riley
I'm with you . I hear that drive on the PCH is unbeleivable and it is on my bucket list.

However, I recently drove through the Black Hills South Dakota around Sturgis and every minute along the way I wish I had my Vette not my SUV towing a travel trailer.
Eric

I'll have to remember that as I'm not too far from the black hills. However I did go through there when I was a kid so I remember it a little bit but was too young to appreciate how good the road would be for a sports car. Most of the time was spend trying to avoid fights with the brothers and wrath of angry parents from stupid kids screwing around and....well...being kids! :D

Riley....
I think you will have a wonderfull drive...even in a MuStAnG(?)
I have done a lot of the PCH and also driven the Corvette to Vegas twice.
We done numerous trips to Sears Point for the NASCAR road course races.
We'll be driving to Disneyland in May to meet the grandkidlets there, this time taking the Monte SS as my Vette is not on the road yet.
Have a great trip.
Graham

The guy who bought our old COPO Chevelle is having it restored in Calgary. We'd like to have my buddy Ken and his wife go with us and drive out to see the car when it is finished. Ken's old COPO Chevelle will be stored at the same airport as our old car so we can see both at the same time. I have a sister in Victoria to visit as well. I'd like to come home via Yellowstone.

I was reading about the lava dome under Yellowstone and if it blows, it seems that it will be BIG. Perhaps we will just stay and cruise around Ontario. Lots of parts of this province that we haven't seen.

Damn , I' m right on the edge .My phycatrist says I could snap anytime .Three major snow storms on the way.
If I could get out of here I'd head for Daytona for the shootout then down to my condo in Key West (fantasy ) :D AND your all invited

Damn , I' m right on the edge .My phycatrist says I could snap anytime .Three major snow storms on the way.
If I could get out of here I'd head for Daytona for the shootout then down to my condo in Key West (fantasy ) :D AND your all invited

I'll pick you up on the way Steve.....Key West sounds just fine by me. Any eligible gals down there?

...and yeah if Yellowstone blows we're all in deep, deep doodoo...... Live it up while you can folks, she's overdue for the big one.

C.

I'll pick you up on the way Steve.....Key West sounds just fine by me. Any eligible gals down there?

...and yeah if Yellowstone blows we're all in deep, deep doodoo...... Live it up while you can folks, she's overdue for the big one.

C.

You might prefer October during fantasy fest ,50,000 drunkin women with nothing but body paint .I've never been but I've heard rumors .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.