Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
These two Porsches are just wild. I think the white one is a 930/5 or a version there of but who knows. I think it was built for Pikes Peak. The black one no idea.
porsche_935_at_pikes_peak_hill_climb_78ac986528aeff7b5829a5930d6e333871c5bd84.jpg
temp2_f41baae281989ef08295f5957c9216a918be02be.jpg

I agree Paul the black one looks like a real hot rod. 911 based I guess but lots of work done.

Get your car fixed yet??

Well, as of last week the repair estimate was at $30K and they are still not done. They are doing a very thorough job and not rushing anything. The estimator thinks it will prob come in around $37K. The big issue is that the rear 'tub' was cracked and pretty much half the car has to come apart including tranny, rear end etc to allow for a new replacement. No fault of mine but I'm gonna take a huge huge hit on resale value.... hoping its a write off. The estimator thinks it wont happen, he feels he will get the green light for repairs if it doesn't reach at least $41-42K...I should know by Friday how it turns out. I said if he gets it written off I'll buy a new one via their dealership!

These two Porsches are just wild. I think the white one is a 930/5 or a version there of but who knows. I think it was built for Pikes Peak. The black one no idea.View attachment 17218View attachment 17219

Great pictures Murray. That white one looks just plain mean...And the Black one is a sleak looking baby... The backdrop confuses me though. Does he live there. Are those his previous cars in the yard.... Or is he just visiting friends????:confused: What a great pic for a 'What's his story' caption game ...lol...

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Well, as of last week the repair estimate was at $30K and they are still not done. They are doing a very thorough job and not rushing anything. The estimator thinks it will prob come in around $37K. The big issue is that the rear 'tub' was cracked and pretty much half the car has to come apart including tranny, rear end etc to allow for a new replacement. No fault of mine but I'm gonna take a huge huge hit on resale value.... hoping its a write off. The estimator thinks it wont happen, he feels he will get the green light for repairs if it doesn't reach at least $41-42K...I should know by Friday how it turns out. I said if he gets it written off I'll buy a new one via their dealership!

Not much more we can say Paul, but we are feeling your pain. Not good man. Is there an avenue to plead a case with the insurance company if they don't write it off? That is a tremendous amount of damage and repair cost.

Great pictures Murray. That white one looks just plain mean...And the Black one is a sleak looking baby... The backdrop confuses me though. Does he live there. Are those his previous cars in the yard.... Or is he just visiting friends????:confused: What a great pic for a 'What's his story' caption game ...lol...

Eric the more I look at this picture of the black car the more questions it brings up. You are right with a caption game. The cars are certainly wrecked but so are the houses. What is weird I did not even notice the guy in the picture. Wonder what went on there? I am thinking it is a European location but not certain.

Still a wild looking Porsche.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
The most significant one for me. In 1973 I was working for Rothmans and had badly cut my hand at work. Off on comp at the same time the Can Am came to Mosport in 1973. At the time during practice you could walk anywhere you wanted and I ended up sitting on the pit wall right next to my hero and still hero Mark Donohue. Right in front of us was the Porsche 917 30 Can Am car, I could have reached out and touched it. To my ever lasting regret I was so shy at the time I could not even manage to say hello to Donohue. I have forever regretted that. A Champion in so many series Can Am, Trans Am, F5000, Indy Cars, NASCAR and endurance racing, he was simply outstanding as a driver and engineer. Miss Mark Donohue. Rest In Peace August 1975 Austrian GP.
sm-col-269.jpg

Like I have said before my friend, you should be writing a story about the races and the drivers and others you have experienced. We have a great sister site (Corvette Zone) which would be honoured to post your first hand knowledge and history following the sport. (hint hint.... )

I could not agree more Eric.
@Black 03 Z06 Murray your experiences are vast and me and many many others are eagerly waiting for your next post describing the amazing people you have met and things you have seen on the tracks and pits.

Corvette Stories & Articles - Corvette Zone

Check this out and hopefully you have a cool story to share with us. Eric can pull some strings for you over there and make sure you get published.

There will be no publishing issues. Living vicariously through your experiences Murray would be mine and every forum members honour my friend. :thumbs:

Parked on my block during the weekend. A 911 GT2 RS :thumbs:. I'd love to own one but they are just way too ridiculously overpriced.

View attachment 17971

Yes very sweet car. I have absolutely nothing against them and full admire the engineering and performance; but the look in general is just not my cup of tea.
Would mind driving one for a couple hours though.
:Biggrin:

Back in the day, I had a Porsche and they were and I'm certainly sure still are a fun car to drive. I agree with Hiroki Soki that the pricing for the RS series is pretty damn high. And for the same reasoning that ddgermann shared.... "the look in general is not my cup of tea"... I would put that amount of money on another make..... Ferrari, Mclaren etc..... I left the C8 out as Im hoping that it will still be an affordable supercar......
Here was my driveway this weekend.......

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
Wow Paul! Like the fast and the furious at your place.
Except they are the “fast” and you are the “furious” for another couple weeks though right?
Your Z almost done?

Wow Paul! Like the fast and the furious at your place.
Except they are the “fast” and you are the “furious” for another couple weeks though right?
Your Z almost done?

LOL... Yes, my friends have some nice rides, there are usually 7 that come by that I go cruising with. They feel sorry for my car, so they now come by and pick me up. But let me tell you, the Vette stands on its own against any of those cars. ddgermann, I stopped being P'd off a month ago:Beatdeadhorse:no point. But I'm certainly very disappointed at the overall situation of having a huge dec against the car- but c'est la vie...... (Im trying to be more calm as I age! Breathe in... breathe out, repeat 30 times) Having said that, I'm taking small steps towards educating myself and preparing my case against ICBC as I am going after accelerated depreciation. I reached out to the membership of the B.C. Corvette Club that I belong to and the Jaguar club that I once belonged to. Some folks who were in my circumstances provided some good leads and advice. But, according to a couple of lawyers I know, the reality is that the success ratio on winning an accelerated depreciation claim is only about 10%. But from the research and info that I have gathered, I'm slightly optimistic that I have a decent shot at being in the 10% club. Unfortunately, Im still abt 2 1/2 weeks to 3 weeks away from my car being ready. The accident occured 3 mos ago this Thursday. Regardless of what happens with ICBC, I shall either keep the car and enjoy it for 4-5 years and take my losses then, or trade it in on a C8 (if I like the look) and take my losses sooner. We shall see....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread