Featured Thread
I 100% agree that there should be compensation for accelerated depreciation. I have seen people incur huge losses through no fault of their own. Pretty straightforward figuring out how the loss. Send the vehicle to dealer open auction and compensate the owner for the difference versus the ones in the database with no declarations. If you need any assistance let me know. I have access to a lot of data as a franchised dealer. Be happy to help if i can.

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
I 100% agree that there should be compensation for accelerated depreciation. I have seen people incur huge losses through no fault of their own. Pretty straightforward figuring out how the loss. Send the vehicle to dealer open auction and compensate the owner for the difference versus the ones in the database with no declarations. If you need any assistance let me know. I have access to a lot of data as a franchised dealer. Be happy to help if i can.

Dantanman, thank you for the response and offer of assistance. Yes, your methodology is correct albeit I would still have to sue ICBC for the difference. If the C8 were available to be ordered, I would have seriously considered trading my car in thereby showing a lower trade in value, much like your scenario. I have a good relationship with a couple of Dealership GM's here in the lower mainland and they have offered to provide me with written points of view as to the effect of a large declaration on a vehicle as it relates to both trade in values and resale value. It is so much B.S. that ICBC does not want to recognize it and forces one to sue, with no guarantee of winning, and then facing the possibility of having to pay ICBC's legal bill should on lose. Oh well...... we shall see what happens over the coming months. Thanks again.

Reactions: Dantanman
Back in the day, I had a Porsche and they were and I'm certainly sure still are a fun car to drive. I agree with Hiroki Soki that the pricing for the RS series is pretty damn high. And for the same reasoning that ddgermann shared.... "the look in general is not my cup of tea"... I would put that amount of money on another make..... Ferrari, Mclaren etc..... I left the C8 out as Im hoping that it will still be an affordable supercar......
Here was my driveway this weekend.......
Pretty spanky looking driveway decorations Paul. How long afterwards to clean up the oil drips?... :rofl:.... Ok.... just kidding... those are some great looking rides...

I truly admire your attitude Paul.
Big picture is you’re not horribly injured from that crash and live to drive on.
Having spent $5000 insuring a new Jeep Wrangler in 06 with 25 years of accident free driving in Alberta not recognized, I hope you win one for all of us with ICBC.
Here’s to a very long extended summer this year for you.

Derek.

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Yes very sweet car. I have absolutely nothing against them and full admire the engineering and performance; but the look in general is just not my cup of tea.
Would mind driving one for a couple hours though.
:Biggrin:

Yeah, the wifey shares the same opinion as you. She is not into my 911 much but thinks that it drives well. She gives me a hard time for it not being a manual trans though lol!, she's a manual shift kind of gal :thumbs:. Also when we are out together and she sees one of them newer VW Beetle Turbos she'll say to me "Hey there's your car before it gets squashed".....:Banghead: :Biggrin:

I've liked Porsches since i was a kid. I still remember back when i was young my dad had a friend that had a 930 Turbo and he took us for a drive well I've been hooked since. I drove a friend of mines 08 911 GT3 a few weeks back and for me it was nothing but awesome!

Saw this yesterday
IMG_20180718_175329.jpg

And this one a while back
IMG_20180401_142449.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread