Mine happened twice and as stated you know what it is because turn indicators do not click. I discussed with service and they said they would replace amp under warranty but after about an hour the audio started working again. No idea why. I thought maybe it was from washing since the first time it was in for PPF and second time after washing but now I have washed 20 times and no problem. So both times the audio started up again while driving ie no reset due to turning off the car: I did nothing and so I have not replaced.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: MKinOntario
Ok thanks
Strange, it was working then got gas and it stopped working, drove for 15 min then i stopped and shut off engine, sat for 5 min , restarted engine still didn't work, drove for an hour with no sound and then stopped to grab a few things at a store , returned and started vehicle and now it's working. I guess I'll see what happens 🤷 going forward

• Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
Ok thanks
Strange, it was working then got gas and it stopped working, drove for 15 min then i stopped and shut off engine, sat for 5 min , restarted engine still didn't work, drove for an hour with no sound and then stopped to grab a few things at a store , returned and started vehicle and now it's working. I guess I'll see what happens 🤷 going forward
Possibly a loose connection? A connector not fully seated perhaps.
Amplifiers are generally good or bad much like a coil for example. Different animal certainly but similar in that regard. 🤔 Just a thought.

I agree with 1st vette, it's electronic, works or does not.

I would schedule an immediate replacement if possible with the dealer. Last thing you want or need is for it to stop working in a nice long drive maybe to "Hay River" for an ice cream cone!

I agree with 1st vette, it's electronic, works or does not.

I would schedule an immediate replacement if possible with the dealer. Last thing you want or need is for it to stop working in a nice long drive maybe to "Hay River" for an ice cream cone!
We have better ice cream in Yellowknife!

just passed the 750km mark and got into my vehicle no sound from the radio. Everything looks correct on the screen. Has anyone else had this issue
It is telling you, to not take it out in winter, by pouting silently! :p

just passed the 750km mark and got into my vehicle no sound from the radio. Everything looks correct on the screen. Has anyone else had this issue
Its probably another GM Gremlin. The gremlins started with the C4's and the VATS system. They always make something that will fail intermittently and be undetectable. At least the C8 still starts.

Ok thanks
In my 3.5 years of ownership, something similar has happened once. No display, but had sound. Restart the car and everything is back.
The other day it took longer than normal to come up, but it did come up. Computers are like that for some reason or another they may not shutdown just right and come back up a little wonky. A reboot usually fixes these things. I'm guessing in your case, 5 minutes wasn't quite enough to dissipate the gremlin.