Should you really be driving on the tires with temps not adequate for the compound? Actual road temps compared to surface temperatures are great. Just be cautious on cold roads.

Note: Tires exposed to temperatures of 20 degrees F (-7 degrees C) or lower must be permitted to gradually return to temperatures of at least 40 degrees F (5 degrees C) for at least 24 hours before they are flexed in any manner, such as by adjusting inflation pressures, mounting them on wheels or using them to support, roll or drive a vehicle

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Should you really be driving on the tires with temps not adequate for the compound? Actual road temps compared to surface temperatures are great. Just be cautious on cold roads.

Note: Tires exposed to temperatures of 20 degrees F (-7 degrees C) or lower must be permitted to gradually return to temperatures of at least 40 degrees F (5 degrees C) for at least 24 hours before they are flexed in any manner, such as by adjusting inflation pressures, mounting them on wheels or using them to support, roll or drive a vehicle
yeah i mentioned in my video how my tires are not going to be treated the best but at least I am doing it to mine and not yours. its a car and cars are meant to be driven and that's what I intend to do to mine!

Only drove mine once in the winter. It was not fun, just tried to get it back in the garage after washing it. Tires must have been greatly improved since 2003. :Biggrin:

Good looking car Morgan, as you say it is yours so enjoy it.:thumbs:

If you guys remember I was able to drive in a CTF back in January, this time around it was my Z51 with non winter tires on it!

Well done Morgan. Enjoyed your vid tremendously (except the slagging of the C7 wipers...which are great)

Hats off to you for being real and not some sunny day pussy with a mouth full of opinions. If I was nearby...you would be my Corvette salesman.

Thanks Man.

• Clever
Reactions: Morgan
Garage queen Paul ?.... Surely you're not labeling Vettes that don't get driven in the snow as garage queens... :Ack2:
No, not that far @Rruuff Day, true garage queens sit and sit and look pretty. Then all the lines and fluids need to be replaced because the car hasn't been used. I believe most people on here enjoy their cars thoroughly and we all have limits on what we do with them.
First weekend I owned my car I encountered snow in Grande Prairie, first weekend in June! A fun slushly drive into GP from north of town. Snow melted by the next day so was a relaxing drive south after that.

No, not that far @Rruuff Day, true garage queens sit and sit and look pretty. Then all the lines and fluids need to be replaced because the car hasn't been used. I believe most people on here enjoy their cars thoroughly and we all have limits on what we do with them.
First weekend I owned my car I encountered snow in Grande Prairie, first weekend in June! A fun slushly drive into GP from north of town. Snow melted by the next day so was a relaxing drive south after that.

Agree. Only once for me. Backed mine out of the garage once a few years back and Brenda had to push me to get it back in...lol....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.