I've been on the fence too about keeping my position...

BUT, if this craziness continues and is real, then it is worth the extra bucks upfront.

img_0669_77ec1e164553692ee38ebd2efff935321b3cd111.jpeg

And as I said, GM spent a lot of funds on "virtue signaling" that would have been better utilized with a functional hybrid which would have placated just as well.

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
Pump those brakes, I'm not sure GM believes the ERAY is going to be a huge success like the Z06 since they're not putting 6 month flipping restrictions on it or the 500 000 GM points.

View attachment 121186
GM has put the 6 month selling restriction on the Eray, document was posted on another forum. All warranties void except the battery if sold before 6 months.
That being said we saw the first Z06s listing for the same price last year, and now new ones in the US are being found with only 5-10k markups. Eray will certainly follow suit.

Last edited:
GM has put the 6 month selling restriction on the Eray, document was posted on another forum. All warranties void except the battery if sold before 6 months.
That being said we saw the first Z06s listing for the same price last year, and now new ones in the US are being found with only 5-10k markups. Eray will certainly follow suit.
Can you direct me to the document ? I don't know if rules allow you to post a link but you could post the document for us here or PM me. Thanks

After a few months of humming and hawing on the E Ray, I've decided that I'm out. At the end of the day, the E Ray doesn't invoke the same passion or desire that I felt the first time I saw the C8 back in 2019. As much as I do enjoy the car, I'm likely getting rid of the C8 all together and going back to a German offering.

It's been a good run, but time for something different.

After a few months of humming and hawing on the E Ray, I've decided that I'm out. At the end of the day, the E Ray doesn't invoke the same passion or desire that I felt the first time I saw the C8 back in 2019. As much as I do enjoy the car, I'm likely getting rid of the C8 all together and going back to a German offering.

Funny, but the reason I went to Corvette in the first place was because I was feeling like a rape victim at the German dealership.

:Nono1: I dont know ... but whenever I see a 911 on the street even the fancier ones ... just looks like a regular daily driver to me .... my wife doesnt even notice them

To me ... the C8 lights up the whole street ... and in regular driving I dont see very many

:Nono1: I dont know ... but whenever I see a 911 on the street even the fancier ones ... just looks like a regular daily driver to me .... my wife doesnt even notice them

To me ... the C8 lights up the whole street ... and in regular driving I dont see very many
I've done the Porsche thing a few times now. Had an 944, 928S, and some of the more modern variants. The 911 is an amazing machine. The PDK is damn near telepathic and knows exactly what gear you need to be in. But they are sterile. I don't mean that in a bad way, but it's just not for me anymore unless it was something special.

I am thinking AMG, the GT specifically. Not the fastest or most efficient thing out there, but I've been behind the wheel of a GT-R before, and that thing evoked emotion. The noises it makes are sinful, and the rear wheel steering doesn't feel like the car turns...it pivots!

Perhaps you don't see very many C8s where you are, but at 50K cars produced annually, they are quite common.

Reactions: Vettenut