thought I'd post what I know about this tragic event that made world news. When I first seen the crash scene on tv I knew the semi was not just making a slow turn or .......... I ran my own tow truck for years and seen a few fatal accidents that had to clean up etc. This guy was moving pretty good to carry a bus that far from point of impact. I was in the RUH emergency room in Saskatoon a month ago. Started talking to the guy next to me who just happened to live near the crash site. He said his neighbor friend was there just minutes after the crash.. I won't describe what he saw. He said the semi driver could not talk english. When the cops tried to get him to produce his licence , he gave them his boss's licence , so it looked like the driver did not even have a licence, been here only a couple of weeks. Other witness's said they seen this semi just prior going through another town at high speed not slowing down. This guy went through this intersection before. There is a red light and stop sign. There is plenty of visibilty both ways to see oncoming traffic if you actually look. He did not look, did not slow down. They estimated him going about 130 kph. I find it hard to believe that fast as most trucks are governed but analysts can measure things out and calculate. Either way the driver was at fault and should of never been operating a truck. I could add more on the subject but I'll probably get banned here. Very sad what all happened, changed so many lives forever. What one second would of made if he crossed the highway before the bus hit.

There has been very little in the media about this tragedy lately. I believe they initially charged the truck driver then released him but have heard nothing since.

Still so very sad and you are right just a second either way.

I have 4 more Humboldt Strong stickers if anyone’s interested. PM me a mailing address. I’ll do two and two or singles. I think that’s pretty much it for these as well. I haven’t seen anymore around the office.
F89A3580-C97C-45A2-9F91-179178C9DAEC.jpeg

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Has anyone heard any additional information on the investigation of this accident?

It just seems to have disappeared from the news media.

I am simply amazed at the bravery and attitudes of the survivors. Incredible people.

I haven't heard much of anything. The post from Michael (XFire) was by far the most informative insofar as the accident but no word yet anywhere I could see on the latest aftermath ....

Has anyone heard any additional information on the investigation of this accident?

It just seems to have disappeared from the news media.

I am simply amazed at the bravery and attitudes of the survivors. Incredible people.
You’re right Murray. There’s been very little to nothing I’ve heard. Some trucker here made a comment on the news that fatigue could’ve been a factor. As well,seems like the electronic drivers log machines can be overridden and such so,this trucker on the radio figures that those 2 factors might’ve come into play. He wishes to remain anonymous obviously.

The only thing I can figure is that the bus drove into the trailer as there is no damage to the front of the truck. There’s a few YouTube vids showing a theory. Myself,I think the bus hit the first trailer and then the pup trailer swung sideways through the front section of the bus,tearing the first 6 rows apart. Either way,something that will be remembered for a long long time. Very sad.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
It was cool to see them on the nhl awards show the other night. As well as the kids from the Florida school shooting in attendance. That’s pretty special stuff for those kids. And,I guess the Stanley cup will be going to humboldt sometime this summer as one of the Capitals players is from there. That’ll be cool for that town.

thought I'd post what I know about this tragic event that made world news. When I first seen the crash scene on tv I knew the semi was not just making a slow turn or .......... I ran my own tow truck for years and seen a few fatal accidents that had to clean up etc. This guy was moving pretty good to carry a bus that far from point of impact. I was in the RUH emergency room in Saskatoon a month ago. Started talking to the guy next to me who just happened to live near the crash site. He said his neighbor friend was there just minutes after the crash.. I won't describe what he saw. He said the semi driver could not talk english. When the cops tried to get him to produce his licence , he gave them his boss's licence , so it looked like the driver did not even have a licence, been here only a couple of weeks. Other witness's said they seen this semi just prior going through another town at high speed not slowing down. This guy went through this intersection before. There is a red light and stop sign. There is plenty of visibilty both ways to see oncoming traffic if you actually look. He did not look, did not slow down. They estimated him going about 130 kph. I find it hard to believe that fast as most trucks are governed but analysts can measure things out and calculate. Either way the driver was at fault and should of never been operating a truck. I could add more on the subject but I'll probably get banned here. Very sad what all happened, changed so many lives forever. What one second would of made if he crossed the highway before the bus hit.
Thanks for that so the hospital visit worked out then

Sort of. Thanks Jeff

...sadly another head on collision this just past long weekend near Elrose , killing a young family of 5 in one vehicle, and the only one in the other vehicle. The three kids were only 6,4 and 2. What relates to the Humboldt tragedy is that the father killed here is a ex Humboldt Bronco player.

• Sad
Reactions: ddgermann
WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 12TH 2018
TSN - 7:30PM East - 5:30PM AB - 4:30PM BC
1 hour long
HUMBOLT BRONCOS SEASON OPENER PREGAME
FOLLOWED BY SJHL HOCKEY
N
IPAWIN HAWKS at HUMBOLT BRONCOS

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread