By your own logic you sound like a know it all too. as you seem to like numbers I will say it again 37 million people approximately in Canada alone haven’t even caught this virus. The people who are vulnerable to it should be protected everyone else should be allowed to live their life. But the vaccine maniacs, mask maniacs won’t let anyone. When you see people driving alone in cars with masks on and riding bicycles with a mask on but no helmet you know the fear is out of control and the stupidity is even more out of control
Well Sonny, if 37 million people in Canada have not naught the virus and the population of Canada is approx

Population of Canada (2021)​

Canada population​

you are obviously planning for population growth and i would have to surmise consider all this Covid stuff just as bunch of BS
To each their own.
P.S. The earth is round

• Haha
Reactions: vintageracer
Well Sonny, if 37 million people in Canada have not naught the virus and the population of Canada is approx

Canada population​

you are obviously planning for population growth and i would have to surmise consider all this Covid stuff just as bunch of BS
To each their own.
P.S. The earth is round
Yes, further to Mr StB's made-up population statistic it's impossible to say at this point how many have or have not been infected. We don't do enough testing to have even a remote handle on real numbers. Since wide-spread vaccination has taken hold and restrictions eased it's highly probable that the penetration of infection into the population is much higher. Logically many vaccinated people are asymptomatic carriers and the exposure to the virus is rapidly growing. As needs to happen until everyone has touched it, grown some acquired immunity on top of the vaccine-imparted immunity that allowed them to avoid hospital and, well, not die. When we get there then this thing will be a part of our existence forever but more like a bad flu maybe killing the same kind of numbers.

Gentlemen. There are many differing opinions and beliefs on this, as well as many other topics and most of us are very passionate in our opinions. We welcome all to voice their opinions as it does make for interesting reads. Yes. Some of us (including me) get frustrated at times for varying reasons but comments on an individuals mental capacity or other slams against an individual do no one any good and just add to the frustrations. All of us are welcome to express their feelings on this topic but please refrain from personal slams and attacks. This is not directed at any one person but applies to all of us and yes, we are all guilty of this at times. Keep it civil guys as we all have some interesting views and I for one would rather keep an interesting thread active as opposed to closing it. Thanks.

"some acquired immunity on top of the vaccine-imparted immunity..."
Unfortunately, that doesn't really exist. The vaccine doesn't create immunity, it tends to lessen the severity of symptoms. Double vaxxed patients, even ones who have experienced covid symptoms, can get it again, and can infect others.
It's not like mumps years ago, when mothers would would put uninfected children into the same bed with an infected sibling, for all to be introduced to it and be done with it, usually for life.

This, from another site.
Should be looking similar here soon......(don't you ever give up dude?)

Screenshot_20211114-224910_Samsung Internet.jpg

"some acquired immunity on top of the vaccine-imparted immunity..."
Unfortunately, that doesn't really exist. The vaccine doesn't create immunity, it tends to lessen the severity of symptoms. Double vaxxed patients, even ones who have experienced covid symptoms, can get it again, and can infect others.
It's not like mumps years ago, when mothers would would put uninfected children into the same bed with an infected sibling, for all to be introduced to it and be done with it, usually for life.
Yes, poor choice of words. Nothing thus far appears to make anyone immune to this virus including severe infection by the virus itself. What I meant was that, in simple terms, the vaccines seem, for most people, to impart a stronger and more effective immune response such that you don't get near as sick. And there is evidence that people who have been vaccinated and infected have post infection developed very strong immune responses. As near to immunity as it gets.

Canada population​

To each their own.
P.S. The earth is round
The population of Canada is north of 38 million. Learn how to Google. You just stuck your foot right in your mouth trying to be smug

Attachments

• 7525994F-2FDA-4068-907A-EFE5B50EACFA.png
    7525994F-2FDA-4068-907A-EFE5B50EACFA.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 11
Finally took the time to dig in a little to Sonny's post of David Medina OFA
Says a lot about his sources of information.
As my great friend Mark Twin once said (I have said this as well)
"Those who do not read newspapers are uninformed.
Those who do read newspapers are mis-informed."

This applies to radio and TV and probably now the twitter universe as well.
So if you have other people feeding you information and you can not sift through the detritus and just follow along then it is no wonder that one can not reach a logical conclusion.
Don't say I am right about vaccinations but never the less the current information supports the effects of being vaccinated are much better then not being vaccinated.
As far as people saying we are being Guinee pigs for the drug companies because there are no long term studies well you gotta admit that the long term study is currently underway. So far so good.
Doubt there were long term studies done at the time on the polio vaccine nor the use of insulin. Probably saw the effects and said - This is our best chance.
The other option is to let CV-19 burn through the population, mutate, burn through again and again until, hopefully, there are some who survive and can carry on. After all, that is the way it happened before drugs were made available. Same could be said about diabetes, smallpox, polio, measles, etc., etc., etc.... Just let them burn away the weak and unhealthy.
Doesn't seem like a good option considering the tools that are available to us.

Reactions: vintageracer
Yes, further to Mr StB's made-up population statistic it's impossible to say at this point how many have or have not been infected. We don't do enough testing to have even a remote handle on real numbers. Since wide-spread vaccination has taken hold and restrictions eased it's highly probable that the penetration of infection into the population is much higher. Logically many vaccinated people are asymptomatic carriers and the exposure to the virus is rapidly growing. As needs to happen until everyone has touched it, grown some acquired immunity on top of the vaccine-imparted immunity that allowed them to avoid hospital and, well, not die. When we get there then this thing will be a part of our existence forever but more like a bad flu maybe killing the same kind of numbers.
Made up population?…..here I will google that for you as well

Attachments

• EF35FA43-D8D5-4DCF-9165-00767A6C6272.png
    EF35FA43-D8D5-4DCF-9165-00767A6C6272.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 8
Hmmm! Just how did they eliminate smallpox?
I don't believe we will see the elimination of CV-19 simply because it is mutating so fast.
So what choices do we have? Stay unvaccinated and run the almost certain risk of being infected and possible more serious complications? Or get vaccinated and quite possibly still catch it but with attenuated symptoms. Your choice.
Coming back from Hawaii in early March 2020 heard that they had a first case in the US. Seattle I believe. They were going to try and contain it. I said TOO LATE, its out now.
Then later I heard about some big cats being infected at one of the US zoos. So I says - here come the mutations and yearly vaccinations.
The idea that being healthy will eliminate sickness is a non-starter. That is not to say go out and drink and eat like a pig will not cause you harm. It is just that "healthiness" is not a free get out of jail card.
As our bodies age, even "healthy" people age, we will incur weakening of our immune systems and become more susceptible to all kinds of ailments both through our own genetic mutations and exterior challenges to our bodies.
Up to you to choose which side of the scale you want to be on
Small pox has low mutation , Covid mutates just like the cold and flu virus, that is the reason flu and Covid vaccinations can’t eliminate the virus fully…you’re welcome

You still haven't provided a real solution to the problems we have and face for the immediate future. You proposals (if they were realistic) would only have effect maybe 5 years down the road.

The solution we are working with at this point (vaccination) will solve the ICU/surgery problem in as little as months if we can get better than 95% of the population fully vaccinated. This is because of the PROVEN facts that the vaccines reduce the magnitude of infection and there fore the need for hospitalization by a factor of 11 times or more. We may need booster shots in the face of breakouts and variants for a long time, or maybe not. Once the well of infection has been reduced to a certain point herd immunity will take over in that there will be very few deep infections. The reality at this point is there is no other option. This is all basic virology and population biology. Something I suspect you know very little about.

For the record, I am fed up with the masks and particularly resent that I have to wear one because at this point the only reason a vaccinated person wears a mask is to PROTECT THE UNVACCINATED. And the resultant aim of that is to keep them from clogging up hospitals. Mr. Sonneythebull has a not-so-well hidden agenda: he's probably in pretty good shape and likely younger. Younger than most on this forum no doubt. He thinks that all who are not really fit are lazy, stupid and irresponsible. And that all "fattys", drunks and drug addicts are weak at best and second class at least. There is little to be gained by even trying to discuss the finer points of mental health with someone so arrogant and callous.

I have another sort-of solution and that is to deny any hospitalization required as a result of covid infection to all unvaccinated people. This would at least solve the overflowing and collapsing medical system problem. Mr. StB and others would probably expand this ban to include "fattys" and "drug addicts" regardless of vaccination status. My answer to that is that the latter group is much more fun to hang with.
take away the drugs and alcohol and see how fun they are to hang out with ,

The population of Canada is north of 38 million. Learn how to Google. You just stuck your foot right in your mouth trying to be smug
I will defer to your obvious superior mouse talents Sonny

Population of Canada (real-time model)​

At least I will admit it.

Canadian CV-19 case loads would appear to be approx 1,749,345

I will defer to your obvious superior mouse talents Sonny

Population of Canada (real-time model)​

At least I will admit it.

Canadian CV-19 case loads would appear to be approx 1,749,345
Which means ......wait for it .....as I said almost 37 million people in Canada have not even caught it .
You're welcome

Small pox has low mutation , Covid mutates just like the cold and flu virus, that is the reason flu and Covid vaccinations can’t eliminate the virus fully…you’re welcome
And just how did they eliminate Smallpox?

I already said that IMO Covid will be around for a long time because of mutations.
And others have said the same.
None of the current drugs are for immunization. Which is why they state the efficacy as not being 100%. It just seems to me that your thoughts on this seem to indicate that eating plenty of greens and keeping "fit" will cure everything. A rather simplistic attitude but you are entitled to it. Again, it seems that your solution is let it burn through the population until only the healthy are left. We actually seem to agree on that point. I will take the vaccine to stay alive. You can stay unvaccinated and hope to stay alive.
Currently stats seem to be in my favour.

take away the drugs and alcohol and see how fun they are to hang out with ,

I'm failing to understand the point you're making. Obesity particularly is a massive epidemic of sorts that is under served in North America. I don't think you'll get disagreement that we should all aim to be healthier but that doesn't magically solve the spread of a highly transmissible virus nor does it eliminate mortality.

You simply need to look at data in other parts of the world hit hard by this where mortality rate is well north of 3%, filter the chart by mortality/case to get an idea:

I don't think you can possibly group the top 10 countries in that list with an obesity problem.

The reason why we (Canada) haven't reached those numbers is because a) lockdowns and minimizing spread b) vaccines c) ICUs & hospital care.

I'm failing to understand the point you're making. Obesity particularly is a massive epidemic of sorts that is under served in North America. I don't think you'll get disagreement that we should all aim to be healthier but that doesn't magically solve the spread of a highly transmissible virus nor does it eliminate mortality.

You simply need to look at data in other parts of the world hit hard by this where mortality rate is well north of 3%, filter the chart by mortality/case to get an idea:

I don't think you can possibly group the top 10 countries in that list with an obesity problem.

The reason why we (Canada) haven't reached those numbers is because a) lockdowns and minimizing spread b) vaccines c) ICUs & hospital care.
You make excellent points of course but as been already proven here many times, facts do not matter to a number of people - they are not trying to make a point, they are trying to run people down.

Sonnythebull has employed his 'fatty's' argument a number of times in a number of different situations/forums. As has been pointed out, it most certainly results in him being banned from these forums. I know he was banned from the Rennlist Porsche forum quite a number of times (after he kept coming back under other aliases) for pursuing the same approach as he employs here. Rinse, repeat

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.