Not too long fellas....mine was on the driveway for a bath and rub down yesterday afternoon...sunny and 6 degrees in Calgary...more of the same for today March 4th, 2009...the copious amounts of gravel put down this winter will mean an April return to the roadway

i MIGHT have my baby on the road Friday.. roads look good... the built tranny is now back in the car.. just waiting for the brakes to arrive!!! It won't be a drive worth speaking of but who cares anymore.. I need to hear it purrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

If anyone wants any info... my tranny had the typical issues of the trannies in the z06... aluminum 3-4 shift fork got bent... caused the synchro to crap it's pants...

Added steel shift fork.. carbon blocker rings... synchros.. all the goodies. There's also a plastic or paper (can't remember) wear pad on the shift fork i think it is (I'm not a tranny mechanic but I did a bit of research a while ago on it) that got replaced with billet ones. I'll let you know how she goes!!! The shop tech has a t56 with the same upgrades and clutch combo and he's pushing 520rwhp plus a 75 shot and he told me he's got over 300 passes with 3400 rpm clutch dumps with no issues so I shout be ok :)

Not too long fellas....mine was on the driveway for a bath and rub down yesterday afternoon...sunny and 6 degrees in Calgary...more of the same for today March 4th, 2009...the copious amounts of gravel put down this winter will mean an April return to the roadway

Street cleaners were out today and +11 nice for a spin!!!!!:eek:But vette won't be ready till next week

If anyone wants any info... my tranny had the typical issues of the trannies in the z06... aluminum 3-4 shift fork got bent... caused the synchro to crap it's pants...

Added steel shift fork.. carbon blocker rings... synchros.. all the goodies. There's also a plastic or paper (can't remember) wear pad on the shift fork i think it is (I'm not a tranny mechanic but I did a bit of research a while ago on it) that got replaced with billet ones. I'll let you know how she goes!!! The shop tech has a t56 with the same upgrades and clutch combo and he's pushing 520rwhp plus a 75 shot and he told me he's got over 300 passes with 3400 rpm clutch dumps with no issues so I shout be ok :)

I need to know price and time line? I fear my synchros are starting to head south, a little unwanted grinding during hard shifts last year

Brent

I need to know price and time line? I fear my synchros are starting to head south, a little unwanted grinding during hard shifts last year

Brent

I'll let you know the final price when I get it... a tranny shop had quoted me 2900 +/- in Red Deer all in... then you add for the clutch (which you'd be crazy not to replace and plus $500 for a flywheel if you're not happy with a machined version of your current one...

Yes I am really buying a ZR-1 .....I ordered it a month ago and they promised delivery in 8 weeks . I am looking forward to seeing it when it arrives and it will have a special place in my new garage. I will let every one touch and feel but no sitting in it ...I don't want to break it . I've already seen pictures of it and it's a beautiful yellow 1/20 scale model ZR-1 witch I'm giving to my grand son cus he's turning into a little Corvette nut

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.