Hey Paul. How did things go? Is your baby in for repair?

Hi Rruuff Day....Bodyshop just received the OK to proceed with repairs this Friday...... the estimate is just shy of $30K and it will take 8 - 10 days to get all the parts in and then the actual time for repairs. The rear 'tub' has a hairline crack and they are replacing as opposed to repairing it. That's whats taking up a big chunk of the bill. The showdown with the insurance will be heated as I'm going after accelerated depreciation which ICBC does not acknowledge or pay out. Out of the 30 cases I was able to find online, only 2 were successful in a small payout. What I have in my favor, is that both of those cases involved near new sports cars. Plan is to keep car until such time as I can see exactly what the C8 will look like, and if I like it, trade the car in at the same dealership that has done the repair. Thats all I can report for now...... thanks for asking.

Thanks SN-III. In actuality, the right side of my lower neck going to the shoulder area does "feels different". But at the moment my neck and car are not a priority to me... My mom passed away yesterday. In the span of 13mos 3 family members passed.... shitty time again.
I'm so sorry about your loss of your mother. May she rest in peace. My father passed away in Feburary this year. He was cremated and buried his ashes Yesterday.
It sucks about your car. Hope they fix it well for you. Cars can be replaced as Love ones can't. Take care.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Here she sits, 5 weeks after the accident and still waiting for parts. The rear tub assembly, which is the crucial piece for work to begin, should arrive in 3-4 more days.... the pics bear an eerie resemblance to SN-III's post on page 1

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    812 KB · Views: 42
  • Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    626.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
Sorry for your loss. My father also passed away in February. Vehicles can always be fixed or replaced, family cannot. Best wishes to a speedy repair and resolution.

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Here she sits, 5 weeks after the accident and still waiting for parts. The rear tub assembly, which is the crucial piece for work to begin, should arrive in 3-4 more days.... the pics bear an eerie resemblance to SN-III's post on page 1
Three things here as not to be too confusing ...
First & Second is that I/we hope you have no lingering injury resulting in this rear-end collision and that you are coping as well as you can through much of everything else as you go forward with the unexpected passing of your Mom that followed a few days later.
Third is this material damage and loss-of-use where your photos sure do take me back to a year ago - and all the visits I had over almost 7 weeks of repair. I have had you on my mind when I have flash-backs of the beginning of my Summer last year and am wishing the best for you in resolve.

Sort of neat to be able to see the inside of a C7.....until you realize, this is not a display model in a museum....:(
That really sucks. Hopefully it rains lots over the next 2-3 weeks and then the sun comes out for when your car is ready!

Ok ... my $10k paint repair last year is nothing for me to mumble on about any more ... OMG 😳
No one wants Corvette Season to hurry by and we can surely empathize why you would want August to arrive.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread