Dec 21, 2017
Vancouver, B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
BC
Met up with my buds for a nice cruise, great weather, nice lunch, we put on abt 350kms then on the way home....... wham. Got rear ended, Bozo behind me hit the concrete dividers then drove into me. Car smelled of pot, young little punk driving a Chrysler 300. Just got 3000kms on my car and it got whacked.... I am pissed. Came sooo close to going ape on him......

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 252
  • Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    690.7 KB · Views: 243
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 238
  • Sad
Reactions: ccltj and Rick9456
Your self control is admirable Paul. So frustrating!
Hope it’s a quick bolt on fix for you.... and the little puke has good insurance.

Not sure abt a quick fix ddgerman. The right rear 1/4 panel is also pushed into drivers door, the tranny coolant 'reservoir' is kaput and so on... damn I'm pissed - but nothing I can do but deal with the insurance and make sure it gets done right. Luckily a couple of witnesses pulled over and left me their contact info for the Ins Co.

Not sure abt a quick fix ddgerman. The right rear 1/4 panel is also pushed into drivers door, the tranny coolant 'reservoir' is kaput and so on... damn I'm pissed - but nothing I can do but deal with the insurance and make sure it gets done right. Luckily a couple of witnesses pulled over and left me their contact info for the Ins Co.

Damn Paul. Sorry to hear the damage is that extensive.
Not a great way to start the season.
And yes. Good on those people for stopping. Hopefully it gets fixed quickly..... or replaced.
That little sh*t didn’t do your resale or trade value any good that’s for sure.
Go for the green $ man.

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Oh the pain ... I'm attaching a photo of my work from last year ($10k extensive comprehensive flying rock damage repair)... maybe to help know what you have behind the panel and yes, I'm even a color match for you ...
The feeling that further pains for me (for you) is the downtime of the car during the driving season (was 6 weeks for me).
Insurance was real good with me in Alberta and they allowed me to use a repair company that does the exotics and Tesla. I hope you can find a similar shop and I hope the BC Insurance system steps to the plate for you. Feel free to vent here and/or post your good news updates. We hurt with you Paul. Although I have a Stingray showing here, I hope this photo can help you a little at this early moment just to know what's there ... a bit of impact protection is there ... did it get to the tail light and sides?
IMG_2755.JPG

Last edited:
Ouch, what a PIA. Hopefully you can get it fixed to your satisfaction and quickly so you don't lose any down time. Cops come?

No cops, 1 passenger in each vehicle and no injury to either. Cops wont come. Used On Star.. they were great at dispatching traffic control and tow truck. Only waited abt 1/2hr for the tow.... but 1/2 hr in 29 degree weather and no breeze.

Last edited:
Oh the pain ... I'm attaching a photo of my work from last year ($10k extensive comprehensive flying rock damage repair)... maybe to help know what you have behind the panel and yes, I'm even a color match for you ...
The feeling that further pains for me (for you) is the downtime of the car during the driving season (was 6 weeks for me).
Insurance was real good with me in Alberta and they allowed me to use a repair company that does the exotics and Tesla. I hope you can find a similar shop and I hope the BC Insurance system steps to the plate for you. Feel free to vent here and/or post your good news updates. We hurt with you Paul. Although I have a Stingray showing here, I hope this photo can help you a little at this early moment just to know what's there ... a bit of impact protection is there ... did it get to the tail light and sides?View attachment 16695
Thanks SN-III. Interesting to see the behind the scenes look! Yes tail lights on driver side are busted, right rear 1/4 cracked and pushed into drivers door. All the fan and cooling hoses toast, of course rear fascia is also toast. The right side cargo area is slitghtly buckled by where the small compartment is situated exhaust seems ok. The rear hatch appears a tiny bit out of alignment but opened and closed. I will be bringing it to a GM dealership who sell a lot of vettes and also have a body shop. Wont necessarily guarantee a better job, but Im hoping their familiarity with Vettes may help. Screw from fascia is 3/4 of the way into my new rear tire. ...... Sucks

So Paul ..... it's a few days following the unfortunate event ..... hope you are well under the circumstances.
Just making sure your neck has not stiffened up, headaches or similar - if so get to a clinic.
Happened to my Wife about 3-5 days following a rear-ender (many years ago)
and it turned out to be nothing to shrug off (pardon the pun)
it was something that chiropractic care eventually tamed ... physio helped short term only.
Her care amounted to more than the vehicle repair ... argh ...
the resulting small injury settlement meant nothing compared to her difficulty moving her head for a good part of a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
So Paul ..... it's a few days following the unfortunate event ..... hope you are well under the circumstances.
Just making sure your neck has not stiffened up, headaches or similar - if so get to a clinic.
Happened to my Wife about 3-5 days following a rear-ender (many years ago)
and it turned out to be nothing to shrug off (pardon the pun)
it was something that chiropractic care eventually tamed ... physio helped short term only.
Her care amounted to more than the vehicle repair ... argh ...
the resulting small injury settlement meant nothing compared to her difficulty moving her head for a good part of a year.

Thanks SN-III. In actuality, the right side of my lower neck going to the shoulder area does "feels different". But at the moment my neck and car are not a priority to me... My mom passed away yesterday. In the span of 13mos 3 family members passed.... shitty time again.

Sheesh. My condolences Paul. My dad passed just over a month ago.It's been a tough spring all around. You got some people here on the forum feeling for ya man.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread