Apr 24, 2011
Comox Vancouver Island B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C-6
Don't know if anyone saw this. Rick Hendrick bought the very first prototype C7 Corvette convertible on Friday for One Million dollars. Must be nice to have very deep pockets. Down the road do you think he would be able to recover his money if he ever sells it?
Rob

I can't see any of these new model cars generating the excitement of their first/second generation counterparts. Personally I would not be shocked to hear that Hendrick bought the car with money that was Indirectly given to him by GM through his racing program.

Don't know if anyone saw this. Rick Hendrick bought the very first prototype C7 Corvette convertible on Friday for One Million dollars. Must be nice to have very deep pockets. Down the road do you think he would be able to recover his money if he ever sells it?
Rob

Hell no -- IMHO -- but the fame and bragging rights in the meantime would be priceless ... Pretty sure if you spend that much dough on a car and have such deep pockets, one doesn't consider it an investment as much as "Come see my museum"..... :D

Is some of the dough spent on that car going to charity also, Rob?

.....and didn't he win the bid on serial # 1 of the first Coupe too?

I'm hoping for a replay if it rebroadcasts-- I missed the whole thing...and usually record it. This time I forgot...:mad:

he also bought the 1st C7 Coupe to come off the line for 1MM$'s at BJ's Scottsdale, he will order it the way he wants and yes, I think he will recover his money. Don't forget that these cars are written off for their charitable contribution over and above the actual value of the car, he is a shrewd businessman... cudo's Rick!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.