N

navion

Had the ZR1 out at night for the first time and noticed I have no high beams. Checked the fuses, no joy! Turn signal/light switch on steering column appear normal as everything else is working on it and I could see the high beam indicator showing on my dash when I turned the switch on. Don't know what else to try, anybody have this problem with their C6? Will be at Manny's next week and maybe he will have an idea but would like to get them fixed as they are useful up here where it gets pretty dark at night.

doesn't sound like you had a real great day, what with the high beams and the 3m ordeal. Sorry to hear this. I would bet that the high beam problem is not a very big deal, probably something simple.
Just look at all this as growing pains....... things will be ok.

Related to the DRL requirements? Wow what a screwup. -- and a scheduling mistake on the 3m for someone coming from Midland ???????

I don't wonder you're pissed.

It ruined an otherwise pleasant day.

C.

I don't think I have ever tried my high beams.

Probably something to do with over-riding the DRL to have them on when the car is converted / Canadianized.

If I drive my car at night I will check.... damn, if I ever drive my car... not be out yet this year.

Brian

Just for giggles,....do ZR1's have fog lights? Try the high beams with the fogs in the on position and off position. I know the fog lights are supposed to turn off when the high beams go on so I am just wondering if there is a mix up. Maybe the solenoids that move the cut off shields for the high beams are stuck from lack of use? (Do C6's us Bi-Xenon lights?) I would try flicking the highs on a few times to see if you can rattle them loose. I know last summer my solenoids got sticky and just needed a few flicks of the brights to get them functioning again.

I thought all one had to do was to flick the high-beam stalk on the
steering wheel and the high-beams were automatically on ??

One goes from low-beam to high-beam by simply flicking this stalk.

Am I missing something here ??

Tony,
welland

Tony -- I took it from his post that when Terry actuated the high beam switch it didn't effect the desired results.
In other words when he pushed the turn signal lever forward it did not turn on the high beams.....Just the blue dashlight.

Oh.... I took it as all you had to do to get from low beams to high beams was yell "LIGHTS!!" and the high beams would come on and to get back to low beams, you just whispered "lights". :D

Riley, I tried yelling too but did not work either. As far as your other suggestions, tried them also and did not work. Went over to local GM and they did a quick test of fuses and circuits from dash to fuse panel-all working fine. They say it has to be something forward of the fuse panel down to the lights themselves. Boy, I looked under the front fender to get at the lights and it is going to be lots of fun for sure. Wheel must come off just to get to access panel for bulbs etc. I can hardly wait to try getting in there.

What about the people who did the drl conversion -- didn't you say it was CTC who are only allowed to do that work? -- Maybe it was something they did.

How about them putting the system back to what it was b4 to see if it works then?

Not a choice I'd be happy with but hey they may have done something doing that conversion.

You could always get someone else to fix it and send CTC the bill.

What about warranty? surely you have warranty.

Colin, there is no warranty until I accumulate 12000 km. on the car since it is a U.S. car and GM Canada has this policy in effect. Also, it would not be covered under warranty as bumper to bumper is 3 yr/36000 miles. Lastly, I was with the car the entire time it was being inspected and since it already had DRL's on it, there was nothing for them toi do except a e-test which would not have any bearing on high beams. I will take in back in to the dealer next week and let them try and sort it out. I also found out I do not have any fog lights so there may be a connection there too.

Well frick. That sucks. I was really hoping it just needed a few quick flips of the stalk to get it to work. How far away are you from Manny's shop? Out of anyone, I imagine he would have the best bet as to what is really happening. He may even be able to help you out over the phone and if he says that a pulley change and cold air intake are the cure, you better take him up on that. :D

But seriously, sorry to hear about the hassle. I hope if gets solved for you soon.

Colin, there is no warranty until I accumulate 12000 km. on the car since it is a U.S. car and GM Canada has this policy in effect. Also, it would not be covered under warranty as bumper to bumper is 3 yr/36000 miles. Lastly, I was with the car the entire time it was being inspected and since it already had DRL's on it, there was nothing for them toi do except a e-test which would not have any bearing on high beams. I will take in back in to the dealer next week and let them try and sort it out. I also found out I do not have any fog lights so there may be a connection there too.

Ok then...it sounds like you need a pro to look into it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.