I'm not currently running a front plate either. I'm told by several people who know cops that they only ticket for no front plate if they pull you over for other reasons and you are a jerk to them.

I can speak from experience that it depends on the cop.

I got pulled over about 2km away from my house when I wasn't running a front plate on the C6, but had it on the dash. Wasn't speeding, no heroics...just letting the oil warm up in the Z06 at 60km/h in 4th gear. She popped out from a side street, the cherries went on, and she pulled me over and gave me a ticket for the plate.

The ticket was $85 for section 7(1)(b)(i) of the HTA in Ontario. I just took a picture of a front plate mounted, brought it to court for early resolution, and they dismissed it.

Pain in the ass, but it got resolved.

There was talks that the Ford government was going to abolish the need for a front plate, but I supposed they are a bit preoccupied with other stuff right now.

There was talks that the Ford government was going to abolish the need for a front plate, but I supposed they are a bit preoccupied with other stuff right now.
I think that was a campaign promise that will go by the way side. :(
I'll pay the $85 (I thought I heard it was $115). Either way I'll likely get to it eventually. lol

There are only three provinces left in Canada that still require a front plate; Ontario, BC and Manitoba. Ford was pushing to abolish the front license plate requirement in Ontario. But he received a lot of push back from the Police Association. They said they would look at it again at some point down the road but given the current pandemic situation I think its almost a lost cause now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.