Hi Gang,

I am in the final stages of configuring my 2021 C8 and need some opinions and help on wheel choice.
The car is a coupe, Silver Flare, Z51 w/ mag suspension, red calipers, black interior, red seat belts.
On the fence with 5 trident spoke, Spectra grey painted or solid black trident.

Attached is a 2020 silver, with Spectra Gray wheels, knowing the sliver flare will be darker in colour, any thoughts that the gray from the wheels will look odd with the silver flare?

1597088361390.png

Decisions decisions...

A few have commented on being happy with or wishing they had black rims since apparently they don't show the brake dust as bad. This is what I've picked up elsewhere; I've yet to get my C8 but kept the standard rims so I could "go crazy" later with a better selection of aftermarkets, if I get tired of the stock ones. One thing though: I think it's such a nice looking vehicle overall I found it tough to choose exterior colors etc. since everything looks great to me. Perhaps I'm not fussy enough but I suspect only after that wears off will I start making changes. Good luck and nice colour choice!

Reactions: PistolPetesC8
Decisions decisions...

A few have commented on being happy with or wishing they had black rims since apparently they don't show the brake dust as bad. This is what I've picked up elsewhere; I've yet to get my C8 but kept the standard rims so I could "go crazy" later with a better selection of aftermarkets, if I get tired of the stock ones. One thing though: I think it's such a nice looking vehicle overall I found it tough to choose exterior colors etc. since everything looks great to me. Perhaps I'm not fussy enough but I suspect only after that wears off will I start making changes. Good luck and nice colour choice!

I also thought of just going with the stock wheels and even having the powder coated if the silver look horrible.

• Agree
Reactions: ABC and Blu427
I like the pic, but powder coating is an inexpensive upgrade if I recall Morgan's comments correctly
I had the wire wheels on my '33 Lasalle chemically stripped for $25 each and then
powder coated silver (yes shiney silver) for $100 each. Very reasonable even though the car
has 6 wheels.
IMG_1553.JPG

I had the wire wheels on my '33 Lasalle chemically stripped for $25 each and then
powder coated silver (yes shiney silver) for $100 each. Very reasonable even though the car
has 6 wheels.View attachment 42643

Beautiful car! All it needs is a couple of gangsters and a gun moll! LOL.

Beautiful car! All it needs is a couple of gangsters and a gun moll! LOL.
Thank you, took me 10 years to restore. Sold it to buy my C8. I hate selling my cars but it was the Lasalle
or my C6 ZO6 and the C6 goes a little faster!!

I too am with Liz/Jake/Jack Raccoon:
I do actually love my stock rims in silver. Yes the brake dust is a pain but I am an old school chrome badge guy. So the silver works. I know that many hate the stock rim selection. So on the basis of having many more aftermarket options, why not stay cheap stock and then upgrade later. I had heard that it is cheaper to powder coat the stock rims yourself anyways. I think it was Morgan that did that in one of his early vids. Your choice.
IMG_3988.JPG

I too am with Liz/Jake/Jack Raccoon:
I do actually love my stock rims in silver. Yes the brake dust is a pain but I am an old school chrome badge guy. So the silver works. I know that many hate the stock rim selection. So on the basis of having many more aftermarket options, why not stay cheap stock and then upgrade later. I had heard that it is cheaper to powder coat the stock rims yourself anyways. I think it was Morgan that did that in one of his early vids. Your choice.
View attachment 42658

Thanks ABC, well put I agree. The wheel selection will be endless for the C8. Car looks amazing as well!

Reactions: ABC
Silver car black rims. No question.

Wasn't dissing silver rims in general... Silver with contrast looks fine... Silver on silver (chrome) not so much. Blends too much and the eyes only see a silver shape. The contrast of black wheels on silver makes the car's shape and lines and wheels jump out opposed to just a silver blur. The silver on the blue (and likely some other colours) looks great....

• Agree
Reactions: tyho and Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.