Dec 15, 2012
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 LS2
Hey Peep's!
It's been a while and I'm really enjoying my C6. This is the second season for me owning and driving it and it's still nothing but a joy day in and day out.

Last week while diving I hit a pot hole. I thought nothing of it, but moments later noticed that the projected speedometer on the windshield had moved all the way down to the bottom right corner. I used the gauges on the left to reposition it so that it was again centered for me but now it vibrates while I drive...and it's really distracting. It constantly shifts out of center and I'm adjusting it at least once a day to recenter it.
It never used to vibrate like that...and I'm guessing something has come loose now.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any quick fixes to suggest or should I just take it in?

I know the easy fix is to shut it off, but honestly I love it and only really use the HUD instead of the dashboard speedometer.

Thanks in advance for any advice folks.

David

Wish I had an answer for you, someone on here will. I was in Toronto this past Monday, I don't think I have ever seen the roads in worse condition. I came down Dufferin and was thankful I did not have the Corvette. What a mess. :swear:

Sorry about your problems, with some luck it will be an easy fix.

Sounds like the pothole shook the HUD loose.
Call Manny at DaSilva Motorsports for a quick review of what you can do. I'm sure he has had some experience with them.
I do know that the unit is serviced/removed from above, as difficult as that seems, and that there are parts in there that can be replaced.

Manny's # is: 1-866-992-3752

G/L
Colin

Might it be that one of the reflective mirrors has come loose. I don't remember how they are installed but I would start there if it were me.

Thanks to you all for the advice. It's still really vibrating, something has definitely come loose and with some luck some of what's posted above will help....and I'll let you know.

You guys rock.

David

It would appear that a good chuck in a pothole is enough to dislodge the mirror. Cheap and chintzy where no one will see it. It is pretty flimsy. I think that one of the other web sites has a bit of a writeup on doing the repair. Couldn't find it now that we could use the info.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.