Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
My father was not really a car guy. He did most the small maintenance on his cars but I think it was a financial thing more than interest. He used to take me to the stock car races at Toronto's CNE, he really enjoyed the races as I still do. I miss him a lot.

I think it was my uncle who triggered my interest in cars. He drove sprint cars for a racer from Toronto by the name of Lloyd Shaw. My uncle was also great artist, I lament the fact I have over the years lost all of the pictures he did for me. It was however my buddies BIL who really got me interested. He was a successful drag racer first with a F/Stock 63 Impala that was the Canadian champion for that class when it was owned by Park Lane Motors in Sarnia. He then raced a B/Altered 23 Ford, Chevrolet powered of course. He used to take us with him and we were the pit crew. We drove the push car even though we were several years away from having a licence to do so. He probably thought we were a PIA but it was indeed great times.

So is or was your dad a car guy and if not who gave you the passion for cars?

Happy Fathers Day.

Last edited:
My father was a car guy ,he drove a 57 Ford station wagon for years.After he retired he drove a Mercury Topez which he was fanatical about .Oil change every 3000 miles ,tire rotation and he used paste wax ever month and only Shell gas .Yes in away he was a car guy .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.