c7ls1

Casual User
Feb 24, 2015
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2012 C6 Convertible
Got my first Vette, a Crystal Red 2012 base C6 Convertible w/stick shift, last Friday. Gave in to the temptation to buy it while bracing myself for a year long wait for a C7 - then figured that a bird in hand is worth two in bush, not to mention $$$ savings - and picked up this beauty.

All I can say is... wow, what a car. I have been (and still am) driving an 07 Mustang GT for the past 8 years, and while its no slouch, the Vette exists on a different plane :). Suffice it to say that over the weekend I went through a tank of gas and caught some tan (weather on GTA is finally coming around) just driving around aimlessly with the roof down.

Been wanting to get a a Vette for the past 15 years or so - now my dream is finally complete :D Pics are attached for your viewing pleasure

Attachments

• Vette1a.jpg
    Vette1a.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Vette2a.jpg
    Vette2a.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Hutchy54
You will love the car and that is one of my favourite colours too. We were out for our first run of the year yesterday too. We saw a new white C7 just north of Port Hope. He looked pretty happy too and had a big wave. That was the FIRST nice day this year and wasn't about to be wasted. Lots of bikes and a few old cars out too.

Very nice! Looks like a great car!
Just a quick note, if you're really used to driving the Mustang, after 5th gear, you can pull the shift lever straight back one more time. :D
I know with my wife's 07 GT, although not that big of a deal, we thought it would be so nice to have that extra gear to drop the revs on the highway.

Very nice! Looks like a great car!
Just a quick note, if you're really used to driving the Mustang, after 5th gear, you can pull the shift lever straight back one more time. :D
I know with my wife's 07 GT, although not that big of a deal, we thought it would be so nice to have that extra gear to drop the revs on the highway.

yep tried it already - you try something like this in the Mustang you'll end up in Reverse :)

enjoy the ride, and remember a hat and sunscreen when top down driving. my wife got sunstroke after a long day of top down touring.

Sun Burn

Back in the '80s we had a '68 SS396 Chevelle convertible. After a two hour run, my wife was burned to a crisp. Fair skin doesn't help. We never had the top down during the day after that, just in the evenings. I haven't seen it lately but it is still around. It was a nice cruiser.

Attachments

• Our 1968 SS396 Chevelle Pictures.jpg
    Our 1968 SS396 Chevelle Pictures.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 10
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.